Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #181
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible future QB solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
for each of those, there are these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQMK89xsbXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEKJZxalrEc

And those plus 20 and plus 40 yarders are flawed, because our scheme leaves guys wide open OR you have AJ making Herculean catches
The assertion was that Schaub can't throw accurately past 20 yards, both of those plays were well beyond that, so your response has absolutely nothing to do with it. Thanks for playing though.
Old 12-23-2012   #182
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The assertion was that Schaub can't throw accurately past 20 yards, both of those plays were well beyond that, so your response has absolutely nothing to do with it. Thanks for playing though.
But, but ... you just don't understand, their eyeballs tell them differently.
Old 12-23-2012   #183
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
But, but ... you just don't understand, their eyeballs tell them differently.
Don't even try mixing what I have been saying with his post. Your use of sarcasm is typical of someone who jumps into a conversation without a well thought out response. You threw out a few stats and thought they cemented your case when in reality all they did was show you weren't prepared to join this conversation.

Go ahead and base all your opinions of stats it will just make you look foolish. I prefer to use a more objective way of coming to my conclusions. And yes my eyeballs are one of those objective ways. I know when Schaub has time to set his feet and get a throw of without pressure, a very high percentage of his deep passes are not on target to where the WR can catch the ball in stride. Now go find a stat that is conclusive by showing all the variables I have laid out for you that proves differently and you will have convinced me. Until then you're just blowing out a lot of hot air.
Old 12-23-2012   #184
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Flacco.....yes I am serious.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #185
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Where did I ever say anything CLOSE TO THAT? Matt Schaub has a great short game, average medium game and terrible deep game. He will loft it up there and sometimes he hits it, most of the time its under thrown, to dispute that is just ignorance and being a complete homer. No one here ever said Matt is garbage, but again, I keep pointing this out but no one is comprehending the simple FACT, that this thread is about FUTURE QB and my only point is, TJ Yates, has the best shot at the job and he should. Everything else (all 10 pages) is useless garbage and bickering for no reason.....Good day sir
Old 12-23-2012   #186
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

But as Tex so vehemently professed, Schaub may very well be elite & we just don't know it. I know Tex didn't say it in so many words, but once you consider what Schaub has done & how long he's done it, it's kinda hard to argue. If we get to the Super Bowl & he plays the way he had at the beginning of the year (most notably Denver) or as well & efficiently as he did prior to getting hurt last year, it's going to be hard to deny & the conversation will get bigger at the national level.

Another season like this, with Schaub staying healthy, there won't be any doubt.
To make the record clear, I was never suggesting that Schaub is elite. No way. I've stated the opposite, but that I was perfectly fine with that. Elite QB's only exist in numbers like 1-4. That means there are around 26 to 28 teams that won't have one. But having a QB that is around that 7-12 range is pretty damn good, and with all the other pieces built around a QB like that, well you can certainly still put together a nice winning formula. THe Texans have now. That's for sure. I won't expect Schaub to do things that mainly only elite QB's pull off consistently though. That isn't realistic. I used to have to argue with some of the posters in here who would try to suggest that Schaub was elite. And that was always silly to me, because Schaub had never even been in a playoff situation, but he was putting up great numbers. The people that want Schaub out of here have no real plan on how to bring in someone better. If there was one, I'd certainly be willing to listen. But the minute that Yates somehow becomes a part of that discussion is when it gets ridiculous.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #187
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
To make the record clear, I was never suggesting that Schaub is elite. No way. I've stated the opposite, but that I was perfectly fine with that. Elite QB's only exist in numbers like 1-4. That means there are around 26 to 28 teams that won't have one. But having a QB that is around that 7-12 range is pretty damn good, and with all the other pieces built around a QB like that, well you can certainly still put together a nice winning formula. THe Texans have now. That's for sure. I won't expect Schaub to do things that mainly only elite QB's pull off consistently though. That isn't realistic. I used to have to argue with some of the posters in here who would try to suggest that Schaub was elite. And that was always silly to me, because Schaub had never even been in a playoff situation, but he was putting up great numbers. The people that want Schaub out of here have no real plan on how to bring in someone better. If there was one, I'd certainly be willing to listen. But the minute that Yates somehow becomes a part of that discussion is when it gets ridiculous.
Why does it become ridiculous to think a legit back up who is young and has great tools will become a game manager at the least, like you just described Schaub as.
Old 12-23-2012   #188
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why does it become ridiculous to think a legit back up who is young and has great tools will become a game manager at the least, like you just described Schaub as.
If you want a game manager as your QB, then you have really low standards and didn't pay any attention at all to the post where I displayed the last 10 years of SB winning QB's and what the common denominator was. ANd I never described Schaub as a game manager in any post, so please don't lie about things I never stated again.
Old 12-23-2012   #189
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
If you want a game manager as your QB, then you have really low standards and didn't pay any attention at all to the post where I displayed the last 10 years of SB winning QB's and what the common denominator was. ANd I never described Schaub as a game manager in any post, so please don't lie about things I never stated again.
Schaub is proving my point today, nuff' said
Old 12-23-2012   #190
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Schaub is proving my point today, nuff' said
This response is a typical extension of the rest of your responses that have not made any strong argument at all against Schaub. Your only argument you've used steady is an eyeball test. Lol!
Old 12-23-2012   #191
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you just see Romo under throw the receiver there?
What a noodle arm !
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #192
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
This response is a typical extension of the rest of your responses that have not made any strong argument at all against Schaub. Your only argument you've used steady is an eyeball test. Lol!
Ive stated he has a weak arm and he is not mobile, no stat in the world can prove or disprove that, you have to use your eyes to compare him to others in the league.....using logic against you is useless I see
Old 12-23-2012   #193
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ive stated he has a weak arm and he is not mobile, no stat in the world can prove or disprove that, you have to use your eyes to compare him to others in the league.....using logic against you is useless I see
Your attempts at it in this thread certainly have been. A guy bashing Schaub's year to year stellar play at running a good offense against an unproven 6th round pick who showed absolutely nothing last season is laughable. ANd when one's logic is to bash and point fingers the minute every time Schaub has an average game or less while completely ignoring the much larger majority of games where he plays well and leads this team to victories isn't "logical" at all.
Old 12-23-2012   #194
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Talk about complete false rhetoric to suggest that Yates is some highly sought after QB. WHat a crock. There isn't any teams out there trying to get Yates out of Houston. ANd there won't be either. And yeah, there were several people trying to make Brady comparisons last season because they were drafted in the same draft. There were a ton of people saying he should be the starter over Schaub in the off season, and everyone can spare me with this total BS that Yates took the Texans to the playoffs or "epitomized" this next man up garbage. Yates was "dragged" to the playoffs by a team that had a great running game and a great defense. Yates was awful down the stretch of the season. He was dreadful and Kubiak never trusted him either. Our offense was horrible with him in there and we lost to the Colts for crying out loud.

The Texans aren't even close to moving on from Schaub. They're 12-2 with Schaub and were on a winning streak with a very good offense last season with Schaub.

I swear, you guys don't seem to realize at all that the Texans offense right now is the 3rd highest scoring offense in the league. That means that Schaub has led an offense that can put up points all year long and until a few weeks ago they were #2 behind the Patriots. And this is all behind an offense where most people think that Foster is not the same and Tate has been out and where we have a ton of lousy #2 WR's.

Schaub and Yates aren't even in the same dimension of QB's.

You should be excluded from this conversation for even attempting to compare Yates to Andrew Luck. Luck has carried a 1-15 team on his back all season long. He has made several come back victories and is already one of the better QB's in this league. Trying to cherry pick some type of worthless stats from Yates to Luck is one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen in here.
What tells you that? Because statistically through their first 5 games there were VERY similar, so if stats say they were the same, how can you possibly dispute that?
Old 12-23-2012   #195
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Your attempts at it in this thread certainly have been. A guy bashing Schaub's year to year stellar play at running a good offense against an unproven 6th round pick who showed absolutely nothing last season is laughable. ANd when one's logic is to bash and point fingers the minute every time Schaub has an average game or less while completely ignoring the much larger majority of games where he plays well and leads this team to victories isn't "logical" at all.
LOL he has BARELY ever done this....he cost us more games than he won
Old 12-23-2012   #196
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4036 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you imagine how good the Texans would be with a genuine elite QB?
A real leader. A guy who you have no doubt could lead the team to a game winning drive with two minutes left. A guy who can scramble. A guy who throws bullets on target. A guy who hits wide open receivers in stride.
We can only imagine. Schaubs not going anywhere anytime soon.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #197
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow kooky there another deep throw overthrown by Schaub. 3rd qt 9.30
Old 12-23-2012   #198
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4036 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wow kooky there another deep throw overthrown by Schaub. 3rd qt 9.30
Must have been a floater?
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #199
mussop
Hall of Fame

Let me add another obvious weakness of Schaubs. He panics way to much and throws the ball before he has to. He plays scared and gets rattled too easy. That and poor accuracy on deep passes is what separates him from the elite QBs.
Old 12-23-2012   #200
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Let me add another obvious weakness of Schaubs. He panics way to much and throws the ball before he has to. He plays scared and gets rattled too easy. That and poor accuracy on deep passes is what separates him from the elite QBs.
How dare you use logic and your eyes to evaluate someone, there is NO room for logic like yours in this thread, please exit immediately Schaub made a completion and got a couple yards, who gives a damn about first downs its all about stats

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read