Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2012   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not showing the Texans on Sunday

Houston Texans: The Best Little Football Team in Texas (that nobody gets to see.)

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #22
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That will only work so many times, though. They keep notes on that stuff, and the next time you try it...the rep will say "Well, we sure hate to lose you as a customer...but if that's what you have to do, then that's what you have to do."

Trust me, I know.

DirecTV is finicky about stuff. They go in and out of seasons where they will want you to stay no matter what...then the next year you try that same move and the rep is like "So. I don't care! LOL!"

Sometimes they reduce the price, which is what they did for me last year...I got it for like 75% off normal price. This year, I didn't try to bargain with them. Will probably try next year, though.

who cares if they keep customer notes? the fact is he saved 400.00 you arent doing yourself any favors by taking a year off of asking them for more
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
That will only work so many times, though. They keep notes on that stuff, and the next time you try it...the rep will say "Well, we sure hate to lose you as a customer...but if that's what you have to do, then that's what you have to do."
This is what kills me the most about Direct TV, Dish, & cable (doesn't matter who your provider is). It's like they don't make a dime on new customers & they make a killing on new customers. Even giving away NFL Ticket, they must be making a killing.

I've done it to all of them, "What, I can't get that new deal? Then I'm going to drop you."

& none of them care.

If I weren't so lazy, & I didn't watch so much TV I'd drop Sattellite/Cable after the Super Bowl & wait for the sweetest deal in August.

But it wouldn't change a thing.
Old 12-18-2012   #24
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post

Sunday Ticket was free this year.
Ummmmmmm well they take like 70 bucks out a month for it on my bill still WTF
Old 12-18-2012   #25
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Sounds like a trip to a sports bar is the better value.
I'm an annual Sunday Ticket subscriber. This season, though, I'm in between houses. So I go to Buffalo Wild Wings every Sunday to get my Texans fix. For lunch, and three large beers, I'm spending about $40 a visit. In my case, I'm losing money. Beer & wings are some of my weaknesses. Not to mention, you don't get the audio for the game most of the time.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #26
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Wish they'd hurry up and announce what's showing here. Since the Falcons play Saturday and there are no local games of interest, I would think two playoff teams and a potential record breaking running back would be the most compelling game.

Sick irony if I get the game in GA and Austin doesn't.
Old 12-18-2012   #27
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
This is what kills me the most about Direct TV, Dish, & cable (doesn't matter who your provider is). It's like they don't make a dime on new customers & they make a killing on new customers. Even giving away NFL Ticket, they must be making a killing.

I've done it to all of them, "What, I can't get that new deal? Then I'm going to drop you."

& none of them care.

Oh they care but in general they understand consumer habits and market/prices services that way.

Quote:
If I weren't so lazy, & I didn't watch so much TV I'd drop Sattellite/Cable after the Super Bowl & wait for the sweetest deal in August.

And you just pointed out why things are priced that way

Quote:

If a lot of people werent so lazy or stuck on TV and they all changed companies it might change but you're right it wont change because people are lazy, they dont like taking time off of work to wait on the new sat guy and they dont like to learn all new channels
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2012   #28
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Sounds like a trip to a sports bar is the better value.
Pretty much....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #29
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you became a new subscriber to DirecTV.

Trust me, I called them the first time I saw the ad back in late August. You don't get it free if you're already a subscriber of DirecTV.

It's to entice people to switch over from other competitors.
They've done this promo for 2 years in a row now. I usually call DirecTV the moment I see a commercial like that, start bitching, and they give me somewhere between $100-$200 off. I take that as a win.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #30
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be at the game, but I just set my DVR to record on the Sunday ticket broadcast so I can re-watch when I get home.

Fox doesn't list which game it is going to show here, but since we're in the southern tip of the Dallas market, I'm fairly certain it will be the Cowgirls.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #31
Dawgnme
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respectedDawgnme is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
u would think by now we would have a huge fanbase in San Ant Austin el paso and LUbbock and amarillo ..????
By now? One playoff win vs. a lifetime of loyalty probably won't sway many fans to the Texans side. Was scouting locations in El Paso over the Thanksgiving holiday and I didn't see a single Texans shirt, jersey, hat, etc. Went Black Friday shopping with the wife - they don't even sell Texans gear in the stores. Not WalMart, not Target, not even Academy. The Valley is definitely Cowboy country.
Old 12-19-2012   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Just imagine how much fun you will have watching Cowboy fans as the last sliver of their play-off hopes fade away.
Old 12-19-2012   #33
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

& none of them care.

The trick is, you have to name another provider. If you just say you are dropping them, then they will open up the door for you (usually). My dad has Uverse in Houston, and I coached him on how to complain to get some money off of his bill each month (and got $10 off for a year plus free upgraded internet). They might be sneaky and try to tack on that higher internet speed once the year is up, though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #34
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well fudgepucker!! Looks like most most of the country (GA included) is getting the Dallas game. :-(

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk16.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read