Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2012   #1
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7330 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Not showing the Texans on Sunday

Texans and Cowboys play at noon and are both FOX games.

Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not showing the Texans on Sunday

Let me guess. You live in Austin. Right?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Let me guess. You live in Austin. Right?
In that case, he can watch the Titans.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #4
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course, the Valley isn't showing us either.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why i pay 400 a year for sunday ticket, for one damn game. But THANK GOD for it
Old 12-18-2012   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

SO let me get this straight how many of the major cities get Dallas games over the texans games ..???? in Texas

u would think by now we would have a huge fanbase in San Ant Austin el paso and LUbbock and amarillo ..????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
This is why i pay 400 a year for sunday ticket, for one damn game. But THANK GOD for it

Sunday Ticket was free this year.
Old 12-18-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post

If you became a new subscriber to DirecTV.

Trust me, I called them the first time I saw the ad back in late August. You don't get it free if you're already a subscriber of DirecTV.

It's to entice people to switch over from other competitors.
Old 12-18-2012   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans get the Southeast Texas area immediately surrounding Houston but the Cowboys get the rest of the state. I don't like it but that's the way it is. After we've won a couple Super Bowls maybe we'll get some respect in our own state.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #10
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Trust me, I called them the first time I saw the ad back in late August. You don't get it free if you're already a subscriber of DirecTV.

I called them, and they said the same thing. Then I told them I was switching to Dish, and they offered me the free Sunday Ticket package.
Old 12-18-2012   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I switched to Time Warner Cable for 2 months and then came back and got the Season Ticket for free.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I called them, and they said the same thing. Then I told them I was switching to Dish, and they offered me the free Sunday Ticket package.

Then they double up the price next year. They are some slick bastards.
Old 12-18-2012   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That will only work so many times, though. They keep notes on that stuff, and the next time you try it...the rep will say "Well, we sure hate to lose you as a customer...but if that's what you have to do, then that's what you have to do."

Trust me, I know.

DirecTV is finicky about stuff. They go in and out of seasons where they will want you to stay no matter what...then the next year you try that same move and the rep is like "So. I don't care! LOL!"

Sometimes they reduce the price, which is what they did for me last year...I got it for like 75% off normal price. This year, I didn't try to bargain with them. Will probably try next year, though.
Old 12-18-2012   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

All you have to do is talk to the DTV Retentions department, lol.

Paying full price for Sunday Ticket is foolish, and entirely avoidable. I got Sunday Ticket knocked down to 150 bucks and they gave me 20 dollars off my bill for 12 months, so we "made money" this year.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I switched to Time Warner Cable for 2 months and then came back and got the Season Ticket for free.
Quote:
That will only work so many times, though. They keep notes on that stuff, and the next time you try it...the rep will say "Well, we sure hate to lose you as a customer...but if that's what you have to do, then that's what you have to do."

Trust me, I know.

DirecTV is finicky about stuff. They go in and out of seasons where they will want you to stay no matter what...then the next year you try that same move and the rep is like "So. I don't care! LOL!"

Sometimes they reduce the price, which is what they did for me last year...I got it for like 75% off normal price. This year, I didn't try to bargain with them. Will probably try next year, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
All you have to do is talk to the DTV Retentions department, lol.

Paying full price for Sunday Ticket is foolish, and entirely avoidable. I got Sunday Ticket knocked down to 150 bucks and they gave me 20 dollars off my bill for 12 months, so we "made money" this year.
Keep talking boys, I'm furiously taking notes here
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #16
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 81989 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a trip to a sports bar is the better value.
Old 12-18-2012   #17
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The Texans get the Southeast Texas area immediately surrounding Houston but the Cowboys get the rest of the state. I don't like it but that's the way it is. After we've won a couple Super Bowls maybe we'll get some respect in our own state.
Don't hold your breath, I'm sure 10 years of super bowl wins would still be met with "Cowboys were better first"

After all....... what is a Cowboy fan without living in the past, while spouting "They are America's team" only to make themselves feel better about........ well what else? being a Cowboys fan.

I have converted a few poor misguided souls from Cowboys fans to Texans but sadly, you can't save them all. Not everyone wants to be saved.
Old 12-18-2012   #18
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
SO let me get this straight how many of the major cities get Dallas games over the texans games ..???? in Texas

u would think by now we would have a huge fanbase in San Ant Austin el paso and LUbbock and amarillo ..????
I dont know about huge but I was in San Antonio last week for a company Christmas party and I wanted to watch the game on Monday Night. The establishment that I went to had quite a few Texans fans but that city still loves them some Cowboys. The have a Cowboys store in the mall for crying out loud. The other sporting goods stores in the mall at least had Texans jerseys on display though.

All that being said, this team hasn't been good long enough to pull people over to the cause. While that sounds silly for those of us that have been long time fans, that's just the way it is in most cases.
Old 12-18-2012   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

We may have fans in those cities but the Cowboys still rule the state. The only city that has more Texans fans than Cowboys ones is Houston.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, I got it free for the past two years. I have since switched to Uverse. We had a thread on this topic awhile back or it was the Jax game thread in the tailgate section, I knew this was coming so I planned a trip to the Houston area to see my mom and attend the game in person.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read