Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2012   #21
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One more win = AFC #1 Seed

I wouldn't mind watching Yates throw to Posey for the Colts game. Would be great to see where they're both at right now.

I'm really excited about Posey after this game.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Would've kept Wes Welker from wiping out his knee prior to the '09 playoffs.

If there is nothing to play for in week 17, the players will know it. And play like it. There's nothing to gain in terms of momentum. There's everything to lose in terms of a possible injury. The only move is to sit your key players.

Interestingly, the Colts may very well be playing for nothing in week 17. Should they win in KC next week, the Colts will have a wildcard spot sewn up. Very likely that Luck, Wayne, Freeney, and other key Colts would be wearing caps on the sideline. It would basically be a preseason game for both sides.
Solid post. Good, good stuff in there.
Old 12-17-2012   #23
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 33915 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beat the Vikings and homefield throughout is ours

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

If we wrapped up HFA heading into the final game, guess what I would do?

Start Case Keenum at QB, Grimes at RB, Harris and Routt at CB, Keo at Safety, and basically let Andrew Luck have 7,000 yards and 12 TDs.

HFA. Rest your starters, no matter what history says you should or shouldn't do heading into the playoffs.
Typically I would agree. If you do that though, 3 weeks will have gone by of those guys not playing at game speed. Does playing a half in week 17 and going 2 weeks without playing any different? I don't know, but 3 weeks seems like an eternity.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Typically I would agree. If you do that though, 3 weeks will have gone by of those guys not playing at game speed. Does playing a half in week 17 and going 2 weeks without playing any different? I don't know, but 3 weeks seems like an eternity.
With our luck on injuries to key guys? I'd take guys like Schaub and AJ and Foster and Watt (and JJO and Manning and KJ) completely out of the last game.

I'd tell everyone else that we need zero heroes out there, so keep on your feet and treat this like it's your last preseason appearance before the reg season opener. Head on a swivel, stay on your feet, don't be a hero.
Old 12-17-2012   #25
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 33915 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With our luck on injuries to key guys? I'd take guys like Schaub and AJ and Foster and Watt (and JJO and Manning and KJ) completely out of the last game.

I'd tell everyone else that we need zero heroes out there, so keep on your feet and treat this like it's your last preseason appearance before the reg season opener. Head on a swivel, stay on your feet, don't be a hero.
No, I get it. I'm just saying, if you sit the 1's in week 17 it will be 3 weeks (Dec. 23 to Jan. 12/13) of them not playing at game speed. That's a long layoff.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #26
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta stop AP on running through us 1st, the way our run D has been I see him having a field day..
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #27
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26531 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Gotta stop AP on running through us 1st, the way our run D has been I see him having a field day..
He's gonna get his yards and break off some big runs, so I don't mind if he has a good day yardage wise. The key is making sure Ponder doesn't get comfortable and hurt us. We need to jump out to a big early lead, and just take AD out of the game. We really need to treat this game like a playoff game.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2012   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i know we gotta beat the vikes and then we can get like 2 weeks + off till our real game the DIV game

i think if we do win we will rest alot of starters wk17 and heck even the colts might rest some people they wont be playing 4 much either other then if they wanna face the steelers or the Pats ...pick ur posion i guess
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

obvs in wk 17 i will prob let my starters play 4 1 qtr only really tho u just have to break it down player buy player if a player feels he needs to play 12 mins before the long lay off then i guess u play him

but either way the layers better know this Vikes game might be the last chance they get to play a full 4 qtrs
Old 12-17-2012   #30
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
the vikes got other playmakers has well they want u to put 8 men in the box show that there other players get off
Old 12-17-2012   #31
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
the vikes got other playmakers has well they want u to put 8 men in the box show that there other players get off
Who you thinking about when you say that?
Old 12-17-2012   #32
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If we wrapped up HFA heading into the final game, guess what I would do?

Start Case Keenum at QB, Grimes at RB, Harris and Routt at CB, Keo at Safety, and basically let Andrew Luck have 7,000 yards and 12 TDs.

HFA. Rest your starters, no matter what history says you should or shouldn't do heading into the playoffs.
Even with our starters playing like they have been, offense and defense have been out of sorts the last 5 games. I think you continue to get them back on the right track. A broken fence cant get fixed if you dont get your hands dirty and work on it first hand.
Old 12-17-2012   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

If there is nothing to play for in week 17, the players will know it. And play like it. There's nothing to gain in terms of momentum. There's everything to lose in terms of a possible injury. The only move is to sit your key players.
To win in Indy.... wouldn't that be something to play for?

I don't know, just throwing that out there.

Another thing, one thing I think I've noticed about these guys since the Detroit game, is these guys play to win. I don't know if it's something external, like homefield & what not, it's something inside...... you can definitely see that in Jj Watt.
Old 12-17-2012   #34
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: One more win = AFC #1 Seed

Do you really want your players on the bench for 2 weeks?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #35
Norg
Hall of Fame

well kubes rested his starters last year so i expect the same thing this year
Old 12-17-2012   #36
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100916 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Just one more win and Texans are AFC #1 seed team. Just win baby!

Go Texans!!!

AFC South Champions!!!

Wow so having a better record than the rest of the AFC and having only lost only ONE game to an AFC opponent...you would think they'd just say vuggit and let the Texans have their due.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #37
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Wow so having a better record than the rest of the AFC and having only lost only ONE game to an AFC opponent...you would think they'd just say vuggit and let the Texans have their due.
???? I am only stating the fact when the Texans win one more game in regular season, they will be AFC #1 seed for post season game/s. Where did you get an idea of the above highlighted sentence from my post?

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 12-17-2012 at 03:29 PM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #38
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 58527 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
???? I am only stating the fact when the Texans win one more game in regular season, they will be AFC #1 seed for post season game/s. Where did you get an idea of the above highlighted sentence from my post?
I *think* he was just VUGGIN with ya Sam.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9baller View Post
Let's hope next week is not a trap game
Old 12-17-2012   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I *think* he was just VUGGIN with ya Sam.
Why you gotta vuggin' rippin' off Dread-Head???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read