Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2012   #61
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible that we held back on NE?

I think the notion that we held back against the Patriots is crazy. We just didn't play well or have good coaching in that game. We laid an egg.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #62
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
That's totally irrelevant to the conversation at hand. Right now, we're talking about how great the Patriots are. We'll have no good talk about the Texans here.

Heh.

Tom Brady is a magnificent man. With magnificent chin dimple. And magnificent hair. And manly Ugg boots.

Old 12-17-2012   #63
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

We held back like Ike did on Tina.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #64
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think the notion that we held back against the Patriots is crazy. We just didn't play well or have good coaching in that game. We laid an egg.
I agree. We sucked in every aspect against the Pats & Packers. That said, I did feel as the Pats game progressed (regressed????) that Kubiak pulled back. The whole "live to fight another day" thing seemed to fit.

Here's what I think Kubiak's 2012 regular season goals are:
1) Get into the playoffs
2) Keep Schaub & Johnson healthy
3) Win each game
4) ...
Old 12-17-2012   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Here's what I think Kubiak's 2012 regular season goals are:
1) Get into the playoffs
2) Keep Schaub & Johnson healthy
3) Win each game
4) ...
That's the problem right there. Somewhere in there he should have put "play good football"
Old 12-17-2012   #66
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's the problem right there. Somewhere in there he should have put "play good football"
Damn him for not putting that on my make-believe list!!!! heh

Point should be: Schaub & Johnson's health is more important than any win after the playoffs are clinched. Just my opinion.
Old 12-17-2012   #67
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Heh.

Tom Brady is a magnificent man. With magnificent chin dimple. And magnificent hair. And manly Ugg boots.

....and a woman's hair-style.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2012   #68
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, we held back so we could be humiliated on global TV. Kubez master plan is to look incompetent so we can sneak up on them later.
Now you're catching on. Damn Vinny, pick it up.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #69
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No.

I am not a tin foil hat person.
Awe, C'mon Steph, let your hair down a little. Photo OP for your new avatar?

Old 12-17-2012   #70
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember someone called in on the radio and suggested this as well, and for lack of a better description, absurd notion. There is no way the Texans held back.... Simply put, the Texans got their a$$es$ whooped and their heads handed to them.
Old 12-17-2012   #71
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Ironically, after the game, the Patriots spent so much time pointing out that as opposed to the Texans, they approach all games as just another game, it may have taken away focus and or preparation from the Niners game, and by the time they woke up, it was too late. They may be experienced in important late season and playoff games, but they are not infallible.
Champ, was this radio feed or something in print? I haven't read nor seen that before. Just curious. Gotta link or anything? That's a very intriguing comment.

Old 12-17-2012   #72
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Exactly on point there TK! I can't get over how many no football playin' sack -0- **** teams are in the HFA position that the Texans are in.

Old 12-17-2012   #73
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

yes
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #74
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans have come back from deficits before. Quickly. They have an explosive offense when they open it up, elite QB or no.
I will preface it by saying that I usually agree with Kubiak in his conservative play calling. Play the odds.

As far as the explosive offense, I think there is a reason Kubes doesn't unleash it often, in fact, hardly ever, and it's the limitation of the QB. I think Schaub is a capable QB; I believe he can lead our team to a SB win, but he's not Tom Brady (as gay as he looks in that picture, not that there is anything wrong with it, he's one hell of a QB). I think Schaub would be much maligned like Tony Romo if he were left to throw 60 times every game.

P.S. I remember 2009 and the fact that Schaub led the league in passing yards.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #75
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heh.

TC, you need to clean the drool from your key board.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #76
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Champ, was this radio feed or something in print? I haven't read nor seen that before. Just curious. Gotta link or anything? That's a very intriguing comment.
I remember hearing a few things about it - here's one example:

Quote:
“This game was just another game for us,” linebacker Rob Ninkovich said. “It wasn’t the biggest game of the year for us, so I think we just prepared like we were playing another game
Quote:
“I know the team we play next week, it’s not the biggest game in their franchise’s history,” guard Logan Mankins said.
LINK

I just feel like rubbing someone's nose in it (no matter how factually accurate it may be) just may indicate your dwelling on last week a bit as opposed to focusing on next week.
Old 12-18-2012   #77
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by championtexan View Post
i remember hearing a few things about it - here's one example:

link

i just feel like rubbing someone's nose in it (no matter how factually accurate it may be) just may indicate your dwelling on last week a bit as opposed to focusing on next week.
ouch!

Old 12-18-2012   #78
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I'm not talking about the players, I'm talking about Kubiak and Wade.

You really believe he gave his best game plan to beat the patriots?

I'm having my doubts.
I hear you DB, some people just don't want to believe we are that good, and having doubters is fine.

What I've seen since about Week 8 is not the same football team and it can't just be because of Cushing and various injuries. I think Kubiak is winning the one's we are supposed to, and against the more elite competition...meh.

We went spread offense on NE one time, and scored, then went back to running the ball. The horribly biased officiating on 3rd and longs, etc didn't help either. We just didn't look the same either way.

We've been vanilla since Buffalo in my opinion, with the exception of the Jags game where we opened up the offense to score more. We are a very dangerous team when we spread it out and I look to see that more in the playoffs, especially if we are going against someone with a high powered offense. We can do it too, we just don't do it as much, and I think Kubiak is more of a chess player.

If you were playing someone in a game that truly didn't mean anything as far as your standings go, but hyped it to be huge, what kind of a mind blow is that to the other team. So now an overly confident Brady comes in for the AFC Championship and an overconfident Rodgers goes to NO for the Super Bowl.

Check. Mate.
Old 12-18-2012   #79
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
....and a woman's hair-style.
I can only imagine Brady is completely unaffected by people making fun of him as he goes home to his supermodel wife in his mansion. Despite that, let's all point and laugh at him on a water slide:

C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #80
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
I can only imagine Brady is completely unaffected by people making fun of him as he goes home to his supermodel wife in his mansion. Despite that, let's all point and laugh at him on a water slide:

Good call.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read