Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2012   #1
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Possible that we held back on NE?

I've been thinking about this and I don't know if its been mentioned in other conversations, but thought it deserved its own thread.

Does anyone else get the feeling that we have gone vanilla on our playcalling to save the good stuff for the playoffs?

It just seems that Kubiak and Wade are holding back. I'm not saying throwing the game, but just that they are keeping a lot of the playbook off the tapes.
Old 12-16-2012   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible that we held back on NE?

With AJ covered one on one and we Didn't throw

No Bootlegs

My hope for the playoffs
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #3
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely not! We just got outplayed plain and simple. It happens though, but we definitely have to play much better in the playoffs. I like Forsett, but I think having Tate back and getting him more involved is the first step to getting the offense back on track.

Fixing the defense is more complex but eliminating the big plays is a good start.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #4
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Well i ca tell you by watching NE and SF tonight that we def didnt play our best game. And i like our odds in a rematch.
Old 12-16-2012   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I've been thinking about this and I don't know if its been mentioned in other conversations, but thought it deserved its own thread.

Does anyone else get the feeling that we have gone vanilla on our playcalling to save the good stuff for the playoffs?

It just seems that Kubiak and Wade are holding back. I'm not saying throwing the games, but just that they are keeping a lot of the playbook off the tapes.

That has also crossed my mind. But not winning that Pats game, as much as some were minimizing it, had definite potential consequences.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #6
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not expect SF to beatdown NE. I also didn't expect us to get blasted.
Texans had an off game, but I don't think they held back until the game was out of hand.

I like our chances at home. Hopefully SF holds on to win this game (ha 31-3, but it is still Tom Brady) and we have leeway to lose 1 game now and still retain HFA
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #7
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3089 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope. All the hype going into the game from our own players... no way we were holding back.

We were just making tons of mistakes and the holes were too big to dig out of, by the time the 2nd half came around.

Just like the way that the Pats mistakes are getting them blownout in their own field tonight.

Just like the way the 49ers mistakes got them blownout by the Giants earlier in the year.

I was one the guys that knew we would probably lose against the Pats, and preferred that we loss. How many 1 loss team ever won the superbowl in NFL history? We needed something late in the season to put a fire under our ass, heading into the post season.

Getting blownout by a GOOD team, don't mean ****.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2012   #8
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That has also crossed my mind. But not winning that Pats game, as much as some were minimizing it, had definite potential consequences.
And I totally agree with that. Our best chance, hell anyone's best chance to win a Super Bowl seems to be with home field advantage.

Get every edge you can.
Old 12-16-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Sandbagged 'em.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Sandbagged 'em.
Lol

Rope-a-dope
Old 12-16-2012   #11
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

No. No offense, but it is kind of silly to think so. It hasn't just been the Patriots game. The Texans have not played a complete game since the Ravens. Either one side of the ball shows up or the other.

Plus there is no way a team of professionals is going to hold back on prime time at that. That would be a bit absurd. Let's be real, Kubiak rather rest his players that last week then have them play too much especially with the injuries already mounted. Winning would have made that a bit closer to happening then losing and then having to win games and push for a Pats lost.

We got beat. Simple as that. We haven't been playing good for a bit now but there is still time to change that direction and right the ship. Just because the 49ers are beating the crap out of them means little. The league is about matchups and the 49ers defense is a beast.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #12
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
Just like the way that the Pats mistakes are getting them blownout in their own field tonight.

Just like the way the 49ers mistakes got them blownout by the Giants earlier in the year.

Getting blownout by a GOOD team, don't mean sh!t.
Just like the 1991 Oilers spanked the Broncos in week 6 of the regular season, 42-14, but then lost to the Broncos in the divisional round of the playoffs by a score of 26-24.

It will be a different story the next time we play the Pats.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #13
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

I love these conspiracy theory threads/comments lol. I'm sure Kubiak / Phillips both have their super secret hidden weapon playbooks they have just been waiting to bust out on the sporting world in the playoffs.

While we are dreaming here, maybe Schaub really has a cannon for a arm instead of a wet noodle, and he has just been throwing "vanilla" to confuse all the opposing defenses.
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

It just seems that Kubiak and Wade are holding back. I'm not saying throwing the game, but just that they are keeping a lot of the playbook off the tapes.
I think we definitely held back, but not the same way you're thinking. Anytime you see that many plays get blown up, anytime we're making that many mistakes, Kubiak is going to call off the dogs. He's still going to try to score & win the game, but he's going to lean heavy on "conservative" plays.

If we're clicking, he lets it hang out.
Old 12-16-2012   #15
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 20467 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalswim View Post
I love these conspiracy theory threads/comments lol. I'm sure Kubiak / Phillips both have their super secret hidden weapon playbooks they have just been waiting to bust out on the sporting world in the playoffs.

While we are dreaming here, maybe Schaub really has a cannon for a arm instead of a wet noodle, and he has just been throwing "vanilla" to confuse all the opposing defenses.
LOL funny stuff, man. Gotta rep for that one.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #16
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
No. No offense, but it is kind of silly to think so. It hasn't just been the Patriots game. The Texans have not played a complete game since the Ravens. Either one side of the ball shows up or the other.

Plus there is no way a team of professionals is going to hold back on prime time at that. That would be a bit absurd. Let's be real, Kubiak rather rest his players that last week then have them play too much especially with the injuries already mounted. Winning would have made that a bit closer to happening then losing and then having to win games and push for a Pats lost.

We got beat. Simple as that. We haven't been playing good for a bit now but there is still time to change that direction and right the ship. Just because the 49ers are beating the crap out of them means little. The league is about matchups and the 49ers defense is a beast.
I'm not talking about the players, I'm talking about Kubiak and Wade.

You really believe he gave his best game plan to beat the patriots?

I'm having my doubts.
Old 12-16-2012   #17
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

All i know is NE just showed Kubiak why you dont pull your starters.
Old 12-16-2012   #18
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

He didn't hold back, but the players didn't execute and then we got too far behind to play.

SF's gameplan was very similar to ours. Man coverage, run the ball on the outside. They threw deep like we did, but they executed. I think a couple plays go our way last week the game woulda been much closer.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

You know this wouldn't be a thing unless it was Kubiak....because we all know he's damn likely to do something like that.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #20
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

NO, you play to win the game. I am hoping Wade learns from the weaknesses SF exposed last night. They mixed it up well a lot of man to man but I also noticed times when SF only had 2 guys rushing everyone else drop back into coverage.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read