Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2012   #41
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans VS Vikings. Lets Predict :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
YES! YES! YES!

got my fav prediction this week...

Reason Colts got all those running yards is because the Texans were playing a lot of Dime and Nickle to stop Luck from throwing. Defense sometimes is a Catch 22. You play against the Pass, you give up rushing yards, you play against the Rush, you can get carved up on the pass. Sometimes you play Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady and it doesn't matter what you do...

this week the play Christian Ponder so stack the box make Ponder beat you in the air, which he cannot do...
I would have said the same about Henne a few weeks ago...

But this is a non-argument. Even with Percy Harvin, AP get's the lion-share of attention. Percy on I/R is a bonus. They are comatose in the receiving positions.

AP is their 2nd leading receiver starting in this coming game. Stack him up, spy him and do your best to contain him. He'll still get his, but don't let him beat the Texans.

On the side... Jarred Allen. Is it OK to wish for him to get a season ending injury?

Bottom line, I have been nervous watching any of our NFC games this season. Minnesota just took care of the Rams, a team whom plays tough. On paper, this looks like a Texans W..... potential TRAP GAME.
Old 12-17-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
so would you say that AP has got...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHofAqyja_s

oh and you are seriously giving the Vikings defense way to much credit...

Texans - 31
AP - 14
Jets. Lions. Jags.

Three teams we almost slept on. And you want me to back off my Vikings fear?

No thanks. I've seen this team enough to know that they can make the easy look difficult, especially when it counts. If we win vs. the Vikings, then I can stop worrying. That'll give us HFA 100%.

Until the Vikings game is over and we've won it, I won't sit here and say the Vikings are any different than Jets/Lions/Jags who each proved a menace to us for longer than we cared to enjoy.
Old 12-17-2012   #43
TexansWest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansWest is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care how we win, just as long we win!! Driving 600 miles to attend my 2nd Texans game and would love to get a win to take home!! I will say that Adrian gets his but we get ours more!!

Texans 31
Vikings 17
TexansWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Our best run defense has been our offense. I think we get that back Sunday. We're going to hold the ball and frustrate the Vikings to take them out of their game. They're pretty patient with their run, they don't give up easy. But they're playing for their play-off lives.

We jump on them early, score 21 points in the first qtr, they'll abandon the run, we dominate on D.

43-6 Texans.
Old 12-18-2012   #45
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that both Vikings and Colts can beat Texans these next two. With HFA locked up, I couldn't care less how it happens but here's how I see it:

Vikings are a strong team that play right into the Texan's strength. Man up on the outsides, stack up against AP and say, Brady and Rodgers might tear up our man coverage but Christian Ponder certainly will not. Playing ball control on the other side, score first, keep the clock and the chains moving....force the Vikings to go aerial and start dialing up the blitzes.

Oh, and just to ruin ESPN's day, hold "all day" to like 20 yards on 12 carries. Force ESPN to talk about JJ instead, he should be getting run for MVP.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #46
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77990 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I don't think that both Vikings and Colts can beat Texans these next two. With HFA locked up, I couldn't care less how it happens but here's how I see it:

Vikings are a strong team that play right into the Texan's strength. Man up on the outsides, stack up against AP and say, Brady and Rodgers might tear up our man coverage but Christian Ponder certainly will not. Playing ball control on the other side, score first, keep the clock and the chains moving....force the Vikings to go aerial and start dialing up the blitzes.

Oh, and just to ruin ESPN's day, hold "all day" to like 20 yards on 12 carries. Force ESPN to talk about JJ instead, he should be getting run for MVP.

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

I think the key here will be for the safeties to trust the front 7 to stop AD, all-day, Peterson. He's going to break a big run, he's going to pick up some yards. The safeties have to stay deep & not allow those big runs to turn into TDs. Not allow peeking into the backfield to turn into an easy lob for Ponder & a TD.

If the safeties can keep AD in front of them they can keep him out of the endzone. Yards don't win games. Who cares about that record. Who cares what people say about our run defense. Keep him out of the endzone & our chances of winning increases exponentially.
Old 12-18-2012   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think the key here will be for the safeties to trust the front 7 to stop AD, all-day, Peterson. He's going to break a big run, he's going to pick up some yards. The safeties have to stay deep & not allow those big runs to turn into TDs. Not allow peeking into the backfield to turn into an easy lob for Ponder & a TD.

If the safeties can keep AD in front of them they can keep him out of the endzone. Yards don't win games. Who cares about that record. Who cares what people say about our run defense. Keep him out of the endzone & our chances of winning increases exponentially.
What I hate the most is for a safety to bit the run fAke when the CB plays for an inside release. Or in case of Demps, squatting for no reason at all.

When the D call for an inside release, that safety has to stay back to take accountability for his assignment.

You can't give the receiver and the QB all the room in the deep middle.

I would bench that dog the second time he repeats the offense.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Or in case of Demps, squatting for no reason at all.

When the D call for an inside release, that safety has to stay back to take accountability for his assignment.

You can't give the receiver and the QB all the room in the deep middle.

I would bench that dog the second time he repeats the offense.
I think that's what happened Sunday. Demps did that, squat for no reason against the Patriots on that third qtr TD & against the Colts on the late 1st half TD.

Quin doesn't say as much, but check out the last minute of this podcast.
Old 12-18-2012   #50
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
WIN. WIN. WIN.

Three teams we almost slept on. And you want me to back off my Vikings fear?

No thanks. I've seen this team enough to know that they can make the easy look difficult, especially when it counts. If we win vs. the Vikings, then I can stop worrying. That'll give us HFA 100%.

Until the Vikings game is over and we've won it, I won't sit here and say the Vikings are any different than Jets/Lions/Jags who each proved a menace to us for longer than we cared to enjoy.
Fixed it for you. Key word in that first sentence, almost...

Guess what Sunday is going to be...Give you a hint, starts with a W...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that's what happened Sunday. Demps did that, squat for no reason against the Patriots on that third qtr TD & against the Colts on the late 1st half TD.

Quin doesn't say as much, but check out the last minute of this podcast.
He said plenty!
Old 12-18-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He said plenty!
Yeah, I was surprised he said as much as he did. I know he was in a hard spot, trying to correct one misconception... but you're kinda throwing someone under a bus.
Old 12-18-2012   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, I was surprised he said as much as he did. I know he was in a hard spot, trying to correct one misconception... but you're kinda throwing someone under a bus.
There were no way for him to go around that question.

And the use of the term "technique" doesn't sound too bad;
Obviously, the coaches gave that particular safety a little more responsibility on such a play and that guy needs to be on top of his technique, otherwise, he'd be toast.
Old 12-18-2012   #54
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans- 28
Vikings- 24

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #55
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

An interesting stat:

The Texans are 8-0 when leading after the opening period and 10-0 when leading at halftime and after three quarters.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #56
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our best run defense has been our offense. I think we get that back Sunday. We're going to hold the ball and frustrate the Vikings to take them out of their game. They're pretty patient with their run, they don't give up easy. But they're playing for their play-off lives.

We jump on them early, score 21 points in the first qtr, they'll abandon the run, we dominate on D.

43-6 Texans.
GP will be ecstatic!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #57
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict the end of the world as two mutants (ADP and JJW) collide.

Seriously is anyone not pumped to see those two go at it?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #58
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 34, Vikings 24

The Texans clinch the 1st seed in the AFC.

I forgot I gave my prediction in another thread by mistake.
Old 12-18-2012   #59
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

AP is playing at the top of his game. I think that he will be able to break into the secondary often enough to be a problem for the Texans' defense.

Texans 20
Vikings 31
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
AP is playing at the top of his game. I think that he will be able to break into the secondary often enough to be a problem for the Texans' defense.

Texans 20
Vikings 31

Your insight is amazing. Would you mind breaking down the Cheifs@Indy game for me?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read