Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2012   #61
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: watching JJ Watt make history

Watt!?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #62
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 268 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
It should be Jj Watt (& I'm not saying that as a homer), Andrew Luck (even though he's a rookie), RG3 (even though he's a rookie), Russell Wilson (even though he's a rookie). You take those four people off their team & nobody is talking about those teams.
Brady should be included in that list. Also, the Redskins did quite well with Cousins yesterday. I think Seattle would still be a good team with or without Wilson because of their defense.

After yesterday I think it's a two man race between AP and Watt with Brady having an outside shot. The Vikings are sitting in a wild card spot thanks to AP. Take him away and they probably have 4 wins at best to this point. That being said my vote still goes to Watt. What he has done this season has been remarkable. I have never seen such a force on defense be so disruptive and dominant over the course of a full season. This man definitely deserves to be MVP.
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #63
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR0497 View Post
Brady should be included in that list. Also, the Redskins did quite well with Cousins yesterday. I think Seattle would still be a good team with or without Wilson because of their defense.

After yesterday I think it's a two man race between AP and Watt with Brady having an outside shot. The Vikings are sitting in a wild card spot thanks to AP. Take him away and they probably have 4 wins at best to this point. That being said my vote still goes to Watt. What he has done this season has been remarkable. I have never seen such a force on defense be so disruptive and dominant over the course of a full season. This man definitely deserves to be MVP.
I don't know about Brady, he's great and everything. But I've still got that Matt Cassel season going through my head. Cassel not doing crap in KC has me believing it wasn't the QB. BB's tendency to get it done regardless of who he has.... I mean... I don't know.

Adrian Peterson, I think I may have misspoke earlier, he's got his team in position to make a play-off run so yeah, he should be in the conversation.

Cousins is a good argument against RG3.... same argument I'm using against Brady, so I'm with you on this one, RG3 is out.
Old 12-17-2012   #64
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Also, JJ Watt now holds the sack record for 3-4 Defensive Linemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #65
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-17-2012   #66
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got into an argument today with someone saying Aldon is having the better season which I think he based off of peoples opinion on espn. I had to bust out these stats for him. I also pointed out the 9ers have other people causing problems for opposing offenses so they can't focus solely on stopping Smith, whereas JJWatt is constantly doubled or tripled because the rest of the line has been quite ineffective all year. Thats makes these stats more impressive to me.

Aldon Smith 48 tackles 19.5 sacks 1 pass defended and 6 stf yards.

JJ Watt 62 tackles 19.5 sacks 15 passES defended and 45 stf yards.

The only area Smith is equaling him is in sacks. This is why the media is the worst thing to happen to sports. One respected person makes a case for someone, and casual fans get the wrong idea. This is how people get robbed of awards they deserve.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #67
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

J.J. Watt named AFC Defensive player of the week for the 2nd time this year.

Quote:
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

Just announced: @JJWatt is AFC Def. Player of the Wk. He had 10 solo tackles, 3 sacks, 6 tackles for loss & 1 forced fum. vs. Indy #MegaWatt
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2012   #68
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Was there even a doubt?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #69
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Only the second time?
Old 12-19-2012   #70
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson is having an awesome season but I dont see him catching Dickerson record with us and the packers left on the schedule.

On a side note. I am curious on how many points jj has stopped this season.

I know he blocked a pass agsinst the jets that would have been 6 for them. He knocked the colts out of field goal range with a sack.I think he caused a pick 6 if I am not mistaken.and sure there are more
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #71
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Peterson is having an awesome season but I dont see him catching Dickerson record with us and the packers left on the schedule.

On a side note. I am curious on how many points jj has stopped this season.

I know he blocked a pass agsinst the jets that would have been 6 for them. He knocked the colts out of field goal range with a sack.I think he caused a pick 6 if I am not mistaken.and sure there are more
With two weekly awards... he can't compete with Brady's three awards therefore he will not win MVP.

It's going to be a joke.
Old 12-19-2012   #72
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whether Watt breaks Strahanís record could have a lot to do with circumstance. The Minnesota Vikings, who the Texans play in Week 16 at Reliant Stadium, average just 30.4 passing attempts a game, fourth-fewest in the league. Quarterback Christian Ponder has been sacked 30 times, but the Texans may have to build a big lead to force Ponder to throw the ball instead of handing off time and again to league-leading rusher Adrian Peterson.

If the Texans beat Minnesota, theyíll clinch home-field advantage in the AFC throughout the playoffs. That would render their regular-season finale at Indianapolis meaningless for playoff seeding, which would lead to an interesting debate: Should Texans coach Gary Kubiak sit Watt in Week 17 or let him play and go for the record, even if itís only for a quarter or a half?
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-8c8d92f65976
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #73
WG9032
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 WG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Reggie White had 21 sacks in the 12 game, strike shortened 1987 season. That was amazing.
And Reggie's DC that year was...
WG9032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #74
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg9032 View Post
and reggie's dc that year was...
NO FREAKING WAY!! Wow!!
Old 12-19-2012   #75
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as JJ records .5 a sack, Wade will have coached 3 players to 20+ sacks in a season.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #76
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
As long as JJ records .5 a sack, Wade will have coached 3 players to 20+ sacks in a season.
Wade Phillips' career is filled with defensive players that he took to a new level. He was the DL coach for the Oilers during the best years of Curley Culp, was DC for Rickey Jackson in NO when he was in his prime, was DC in DEN when Simon Fletcher was having his career years, and was DC in PHI with Reggie White and Clyde Simmons (and Jerome Brown, I believe). He also had something to do with Bruce Smith's success, though he was successful prior to Wade getting there. How much credit you assign to him is up to you, but it isn't a fluke, that's for sure.
Old 12-20-2012   #77
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 275 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Watt!?

Sig courtesy of False Start!
iLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #78
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If we beat the Colts, and JJ gets the sack record, and Denver loses to KC and the Packers beat the Vikings while AP has a crummy day........then JJ could get his wish..........MVP.

Q&A: Texans' J.J. Watt believes he has a shot at NFL MVP

J.J. Watt: Donít count me out for MVP
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #79
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like JJ Watt wants a raise. He'll get it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #80
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If we beat the Colts, and JJ gets the sack record, and Denver loses to KC and the Packers beat the Vikings while AP has a crummy day........then JJ could get his wish..........MVP.

Q&A: Texans' J.J. Watt believes he has a shot at NFL MVP

J.J. Watt: Donít count me out for MVP
Thanks for the links, Doc.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read