Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2012   #21
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: watching JJ Watt make history

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
J J Watt for President!
I'd vote for him. At least then I could honestly say I liked the man I voted for.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #22
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 25813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I agree, but I don't think there's anything a defensive player can do in this day and age to win MVP. The voters are just fkn morons. They need to do away with the award completely and just do players of the year on each side of the ball.
Remember...it's the Associated Press who writes in the MVP, so the process has been inherently flawed since 1961.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #23
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, I just found out Mark Moseley a place kicker also won mvp lol. I wasn't around for the 80's so I never heard this story.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...study-in-weird
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #24
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'd vote for him. At least then I could honestly say I liked the man I voted for.
I voted for him.

Old 12-16-2012   #25
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-16-2012   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I voted for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Very cool.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #27
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

How lucky we are to draft him.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2012   #28
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
How lucky we are to draft him.
Very. Scary to think he's only in his 2nd season. He could actually keep improving, and I'm sure he will because he strikes me as a talented guy who also works harder at his craft at anyone else. If he keeps this production level up he could be our first sure fire HOF candidate.
Old 12-16-2012   #29
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
Very. Scary to think he's only in his 2nd season. He could actually keep improving, and I'm sure he will because he strikes me as a talented guy who also works harder at his craft at anyone else. If he keeps this production level up he could be our first sure fire HOF candidate.
Regardless of what folks say. AJ 7th fastest player to 10,000, 3rd fastest to 11,000. He will be in the HOF, the guy still has a lot of playing years left. I think this season proves it.
Old 12-16-2012   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Regardless of what folks say. AJ 7th fastest player to 10,000, 3rd fastest to 11,000. He will be in the HOF, the guy still has a lot of playing years left. I think this season proves it.
Maybe. He has been/is great, but receivers have a hard time getting in. Plus, AJ is going to be short in the TD department. Not his fault, but I think the committee will hold that against him.

I am not saying he wont get it, but he is a far thing from a lock.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #31
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Maybe. He has been/is great, but receivers have a hard time getting in. Plus, AJ is going to be short in the TD department. Not his fault, but I think the committee will hold that against him.

I am not saying he wont get it, but he is a far thing from a lock.
Oh if his career was over tomorrow i agree he wouldnt get in, but give him 3 more seasons and i think he will have HOF numbers. Hopefully we can put a SB win on his resume and that will help.
Old 12-16-2012   #32
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad mario williams didn't feel he was rich enough to worry about winning. He chose to go to the Bills where he got throttled for 50 pts by seattle supersonics

Imagine the competition to be the best on our D, hmmm. Mario is a da.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

mario ain't worried, he's got his money.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #34
ajohnson80
Veteran

Yeah AJ is great, but honestly he's not a sure thing. He needs some playoff success or a superbowl or 2 to get in with his stats. The committee doesn't care that he had a garbage qb most of prime years.
Old 12-16-2012   #35
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome to get to watch AJ and now JJ in my lifetime. Proud to add them to the list that includes The Tyler Rose and The Dream. Great on and off the field. You too Arian! (not oblivious to the fact that we have to get better to lift the Lombardi)
Old 12-16-2012   #36
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
mario ain't worried, he's got his money.
Loud and clear. However, when will he worry about winning?

You know he's got to think about that, just a little.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #37
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
If he gets the sack record will it be the greatest season ever by a defensive player?
Reggie White had 21 sacks in the 12 game, strike shortened 1987 season. That was amazing. So is JJ's season. When you're in the company of Reggie White, you are a very special player.
Old 12-16-2012   #38
ajohnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Reggie White had 21 sacks in the 12 game, strike shortened 1987 season. That was amazing. So is JJ's season. When you're in the company of Reggie White, you are a very special player.
Wow that is amazing. Strahan gets an * in my book now. At that pace White would have reached 28 sacks.
Old 12-16-2012   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Aldon smith is a bad ass no doubt, but I find JJ's sack number's even more impressive given the position he plays.
If Aldon Smith ends up with the sack title for the year, I think Watt's season beats his hands down.

Watt's close to him in sacks, leads the league in TFL, & top ten in passes defensed. Nobody has ever had a season like that, not even Bruce Smith.

I think Wade is right, Jj Watt is going to be a bust.
Old 12-16-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
Awesome to get to watch AJ and now JJ in my lifetime. Proud to add them to the list that includes The Tyler Rose and The Dream. Great on and off the field. You too Arian! (not oblivious to the fact that we have to get better to lift the Lombardi)
Imagine if Cushing was playing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read