Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2012   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default I saw something today, and it involved #23

That run game got BETTER as the game went on.

Foster making people miss is one thing. The gaping holes on quite a few plays is another. Is this merely the sun shining on a dog's ass? That's possible, but I don't see that. OL had a damn good day today, and maybe this is a sign of "we're about to start giving Foster (sprinkle in a little Tate) the ball A LOT more as the season wanes and the playoffs begin".

I fully expect to see Arian get another 30+ totes next week.
Old 12-16-2012   #2
Steleehin
TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 0 Steleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I saw something today, and it involved #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

Foster making people miss is one thing. The gaping holes on quite a few plays is another. Is this merely the sun shining on a dog's ass? That's possible, but I don't see that. OL had a damn good day today, and maybe this is a sign of "we're about to start giving Foster (sprinkle in a little Tate) the ball A LOT more as the season wanes and the playoffs begin".

yes i think he always plays better as the game progresses ,playing from behind has not helped
Steleehin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Newton and Graham help, there's no doubt about it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak got away from his stubborn unsuccessful up the middle plays right into abrick wall......and began deferring to runs to the outside.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Kubiak got away from his stubborn unsuccessful up the middle plays right into abrick wall......and began deferring to runs to the outside.
I was about to come unglued in the stands today, we ran zone right how many times in a row to start the game? Kubiak's play calling today was HORRAWFUL, I don't even know what to say, ultra conservative?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #6
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

He did look better toward the end, but it seems he is still missing the cutback. Maybe it's just me but on the one run he lost about 5-6 yards in the 3rd or 4th quarter it seemed like there was a cutback lane a mile wide.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I fully expect to see Arian out-rush Adrian Peterson. How about that?
Old 12-16-2012   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
He did look better toward the end, but it seems he is still missing the cutback. Maybe it's just me but on the one run he lost about 5-6 yards in the 3rd or 4th quarter it seemed like there was a cutback lane a mile wide.
LOL, let's cut him.
Old 12-16-2012   #9
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
LOL, let's cut him.
I was far from saying that, lets not mince words here. I still think he is one of the best in the league, just missing what used to seem was his bread and butter on most plays. Then again I'm sure the O line has a bit to do with that.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was far from saying that, lets not mince words here. I still think he is one of the best in the league, just missing what used to seem was his bread and butter on most plays. Then again I'm sure the O line has a bit to do with that.
Just having fun, dude!

The guy in your Sig is also missing his bread and butter, too.
Old 12-16-2012   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I remember the play you were talking about. I was almost sure he was going to take the cutback because it was so damn big, but he didn't and just got caught up back there.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Newton and Graham help, there's no doubt about it.
THIS ^^^. As was discussed this week in threads on this mb.

Newton is a keeper. Graham is intergal on many levels.

But I will say that I don't think Foster is seeing that cutback to his left like he did last season. Still trying too hard to shimmy through small gaps in the interior of the OL. Almost pathologically, IMO, as if it's a sin to make that hard cutback to the left.

Then again, the guy is SUCH a thinker....makes me wonder if he's rope-a-doping for when he needs it most, as in IN JANUARY most.
Old 12-16-2012   #13
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I fully expect to see Arian out-rush Adrian Peterson. How about that?
Im a homer, but not me. AP is on fire and I fully expect him to light us up nest weekend, I just hope our offense stays consistent and hope our oline can stop Jared Allen, because he likes taking nasty shots on QBs similar to Suh.
Old 12-16-2012   #14
TexansRule1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we made adjustments to our blocking scheme at halftime based on how the Colts were playing us and we ran much better in 2nd half.
TexansRule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #15
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think foster has had his worst pro season this year. Good to see him getting yards against teams we should be able to run on. I hope he carries it tobthe playoffs. Still wanna see more tate reps tho

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read