Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Houston Texans @ New England Patriots. 12/10. 7:30. **Official MNF GameDay Thread**

The Night Game, Part IV

Quote:
With a two-game lead on the rest of the AFC, the Houston Texans could go a long way toward proving they're the team to beat this week.

The New England Patriots, though, certainly aren't ready to concede the conference they've represented in the Super Bowl five times in the last 11 years.

These powers each bring a six-game winning streak into Monday night's showdown in Foxborough, where Houston will put its unblemished road record on the line against the AFC East champions.

The Texans (11-1) and Patriots (9-3) have met only three times before - once at New England, where Houston lost 40-7 in 2006 - but a new rivalry could be about to develop, with the chance of a more important matchup in the upcoming playoffs.

"You've got one of the all-time great leaders in football from a coaching standpoint and a quarterback standpoint," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. "You know you're going to have to raise your level of play and play as good as you can possibly play. That's why we do what we do. It is a big challenge, but I know our football team will be looking forward to it."

In the franchise's first postseason appearance last season, Houston came close to earning a date with the Patriots in the AFC title game, but lost to Baltimore in the divisional round. Now, with Matt Schaub healthy and star defensive end J.J. Watt helping his unit overcome a slew of injuries, the Texans have taken another step forward.

They've shown their mettle with six road wins in as many trips, including games at Denver and Chicago.

MORE PICKS: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts

Quote:
What I Want To See:

Remember those 30 attempt games with Arian? Yeah, those...

Look, I'm one of the folks that loves giving Arian rest. That said, this is such a huge game, that I'm willing to look the other way. Pound the rock like it's Chicago all over again.

Attack Brady in every which way

Bring heat with 5 or 6, rush 4/drop 7...etc. Make his night a hassle and disrupt the timing with his weapons as much as possible. Something I've noticed in the past is that his OL can be rattled by a disruptive front-four, so let's get to them as well.

Test their pass D (deep)

Take some shots up top when the opportunities present themselves. Dre, Walter (yes, even him), you name it. Let's get the Pats on their heels with the run and some bootleg/waggle action.

Stuff the run and make NE one-dimensional

This is already a tough offense to deal with. The LAST thing we need is for Ridley and Vereen to get off and make it tougher to try and handle. This is a really good (shocking to most, I'm sure) run offense this year, so stopping this run will be KEY tonight.

Last night game of the regular season, fam! Ladies and Gents, this is indeed a huge game, as we all know. That said, just because it's big, does NOT mean goals have changed. 1-0 every week, that's the goal! Let's go into Mass., get this W, get closer to a bye/home field throughout and show the nation what the Baddest Men Alive can do IN ENEMY TERRITORY. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!

Last edited by ThaShark316; 12-10-2012 at 12:26 AM.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ New England Patriots. 12/10. 7:30. **Official MNF GameDay Thread

Beat their asses.

**** New England.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #3
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ New England Patriots. 12/10. 7:30. **Official MNF GameDay Thread

Let's go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #4
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/1...r3L/story.html

Can someone tell me if this guy is for real? I can't seem to figure it out.
Old 12-10-2012   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure he's for real. He's Dan "The Gronk" Shaughnessy coming to you live from his room in momma's basement.

Nah, the guy is a clown. He's so bad even ESPN won't even take him on a regular basis.
Old 12-10-2012   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Not gonna get much work done tomorrow.

GO TEXANS!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 63318 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not particularly confident.

Kind of looking past the Pats to the Colts.

Gotta smash the Colts.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2012   #8
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post

Just a hard core Pats fan trying his best to get an attention and gain some popularity as a journalist.
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #9
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ok he wasnt sure until he heard the team was coming wearing letterman jackets ???

Unproven - Broncos, Detroit, Bears on the road, stomping the Ravens at home. If beating 3 AFC and 1 NFC division leader is unproven then i guess the Patriots have yet to play yet.... Joke of an article. No research or thought went into his blog.
Old 12-10-2012   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like a bit of sarcasm and bombast to exaggerate but he probably feels that basic way anyway.

**** the Patriots AND their fans. We might win, we might lose. It could be a damn good game. Just don't get blown out. Take care of the ball. Keep Brady off the field. Don't do stupid ****.
Old 12-10-2012   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Seems like a bit of sarcasm and bombast to exaggerate but he probably feels that basic way anyway.

**** the Patriots AND their fans. We might win, we might lose. It could be a damn good game. Just don't get blown out. Take care of the ball. Keep Brady off the field. Don't do stupid ****.
I want to blow them out. Everyone is saying it's going to be close or the Pats are going to blow us out. I want to see us put up 40 on the Pats and win big. Shut everyone up. I want it to be over by halftime. I'm tired of these 911 inducing wins
Old 12-10-2012   #12
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

every time i see this thread its just before i go to bed! so its not quite gameday for me yet but with that being said GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im that pumped i dont think im going to sleep much tonight!!!

going to be a massive game and we going to come out on TOP !!!!!!!! cant wait to yell at the tv when Watt sacks bradys a*s!!!!! GO TEXANS!!!!!!

bedtime now...
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #13
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 40043 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is it a real clown or just someone dressed as a clown?
Old 12-10-2012   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
every time i see this thread its just before i go to bed! so its not quite gameday for me yet but with that being said GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im that pumped i dont think im going to sleep much tonight!!!

going to be a massive game and we going to come out on TOP !!!!!!!! cant wait to yell at the tv when Watt sacks bradys a*s!!!!! GO TEXANS!!!!!!

bedtime now...
Good luck sleepin'.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #15
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Good luck sleepin'.
yeah tell me about it. im still here still havnt left the computer
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #16
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pats fan here.

I'm actually surprised Shaughnessy wrote this. He's usually Mr Negative. I should also point out he's a baseball writer who's been allowed to become a columnist writing on all things sports. Most Boston sports fans cannot stand him myself included. I would put zero stock into anything he writes and trust me 95% of the Patriots fan base is not taking this game for granted. We know the Texans are for real.

Anybody discounting the Texans for having close calls vs the Jags and Lions and not doing so for the Pats with the Jets (first game OT) or Buffalo the second game isn't looking at the big picture. Good teams win those games and bad teams lose them.

On the weather front it's 55 and raining this morning. No idea if the rain will stop but the reports of snow are bogus. It's not happening.

Good luck. I hope it's an epic game with no injuries.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Pats fan here.

I'm actually surprised Shaughnessy wrote this. He's usually Mr Negative. I should also point out he's a baseball writer who's been allowed to become a columnist writing on all things sports. Most Boston sports fans cannot stand him myself included. I would put zero stock into anything he writes and trust me 95% of the Patriots fan base is not taking this game for granted. We know the Texans are for real.

Anybody discounting the Texans for having close calls vs the Jags and Lions and not doing so for the Pats with the Jets (first game OT) or Buffalo the second game isn't looking at the big picture. Good teams win those games and bad teams lose them.

On the weather front it's 55 and raining this morning. No idea if the rain will stop but the reports of snow are bogus. It's not happening.

Yeah, I kinda doubt it's going to snow watching the development the last 48 hours.

The Texans need to keep Woodhead in check, too.
They can't afford to let that little guy get lost in the pile.
(Why is it that the Pats get a bunch of players that I like out of college?)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #18
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
(Why is it that the Pats get a bunch of players that I like out of college?)
I feel the same way about the Texans. I really wanted Barwin, Reed and Watt.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #19
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Yeah, that's another thing. Keep those typical troll Patriot players out of the equation. Woodhead, etc. Get that garbage outta here.
Old 12-10-2012   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Pats fan here.

Thanks and welcome. Good honest post. I really think it is going to be a good game. Nothing like the Green Bay game.
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read