Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-15-2012   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bum Phillips signed my Oilers flag! (Getting Wade's soon too)

Hey, so tomorrow is my bday and a while back I gave my mom my mint condition Oilers flag I have had since the mid to late 90's and through her friendship with one of Bum's daughters who lives in the Austin area near my mom, she got Bum to sign it this past Thanksgiving and I got it tonight and thought I would share.

I also gave my mom my official Texans 2011 Division Champs shirt (same on the team got) that I have never worn and that one will be signed by Wade soon.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bum Phillips signed my Oilers flag! (Getting Wade's soon too)

Which sister?
Old 12-15-2012   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Which sister?
Her name is Andrea I believe.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-15-2012   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome man. I met him a few years ago at an event honoring Elvin Bethea. Ironically I met Bud Adams there too.

It would have been cool if he also would have added Go Texans to connect the two eras of Houston football.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

AWESOME! I have a leather Oiler jacket I dream of getting Bum's and Earls signature on. I just have to get that done, SOON!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Awesome man. I met him a few years ago at an event honoring Elvin Bethea. Ironically I met Bud Adams there too.

It would have been cool if he also would have added Go Texans to connect the two eras of Houston football.
Yeah that would have been cool. I wanted to ask if someone could take a pic of Bum while he signed it but I didn't want to seem pushy and I also thought someone may just do that anyway but that didn't happen. Still badass though. My mom looked into getting it framed and with 40% off it was STILL about $400////WOW

Right now it's folded up back in it's box.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-16-2012   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Yeah that would have been cool. I wanted to ask if someone could take a pic of Bum while he signed it but I didn't want to seem pushy and I also thought someone may just do that anyway but that didn't happen. Still badass though. My mom looked into getting it framed and with 40% off it was STILL about $400////WOW

Right now it's folded up back in it's box.
Yeah, it's not cheap provided the framers know what they are doing. I know where there is a solid framer in Austin if you needed a recommendation. I would need to find out the name of the place from my brother.
Old 12-22-2012   #8
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, I have been meaning to post that I viewed this like we talked the other day on your b-day, so now you have it and Happy Belated Born on date!
Dangit we got cuaght up in the conversation and I realized i did not buy you a beer, I owe you!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Dude, I have been meaning to post that I viewed this like we talked the other day on your b-day, so now you have it and Happy Belated Born on date!
Dangit we got cuaght up in the conversation and I realized i did not buy you a beer, I owe you!
No worries man, as long as the Texans don't crap their collective pants next game....jeez!! At least they won on my bday haha! I got my shirt by Wade signed and got it on Christmas....about to post that too.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 07-27-2013   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Thanks to my best friend and his uncle for hooking me up with this vintage, brand new, never used Oilers gear that was sitting in a box for years. The kids jacket is unused and should be perfect for my daughter this winter! The big blue item on the left is a blanket, there is also a sweater, a shirt and 2 Oilers buddies, 1 unopened. Just thought I would share. This stuff will go great with that Oilers flag I got signed by Bum Phillips last season thanks to my mom's connections!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 07-28-2013   #11
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice piece. Congratulations.

I have one of Robert Brazile's practice jerseys that I received in the early 1980s. I'm looking for a chance to get it signed one day.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read