Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2012   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is Phillips getting a pass?

The Colts are another play action team.

I hope Wade makes all the correction to keep Luck at or under his average or it's gonna be another long day and an explosion of pink soap after the game, LOL.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is we've had two really bad, embarrassing losses. The common thread in both is that Wade's defense got BLOWN UP. Yet everyone got mad because Kubiak/Dennison's offense couldn't keep up with the number of points Wade's D gave up. If the offense hadn't shown up and kept up in the Jags and Lions games we'd have lost those games too.

I'm not saying Fire Wade. I'm saying it ain't right to pick on one side and ignore the warts on the other.

...unless you're just flat azzed biased against Kubiak. If that's the case then say so.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
All I know is we've had two really bad, embarrassing losses. The common thread in both is that Wade's defense got BLOWN UP.
The Common thread is the P

Packers
Patriots

As long as we don't have anymore P teams on our schedule, we're ok.
Old 12-15-2012   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Kubiak has hosted a 4-game losing streak every season he has been here.
It is he who must prove his credentials as HEAD COACH are moving
to the next level. Wade is a defensive coordinator, and is doing a hell
of a job. It is Gary's offense that can't get a 1st down to close out a
game, or continue a drive in the parts of the game it matters.

Wade's defense doesn't seem to play scared against high competition. Gary's
offense was a comedy of errors twice this season against championship
caliber teams. I don't hate Kubiak. I just want to see HIM improve as
a HEAD COACH.

Handing Ben Tate his first carry well into the third quarter against the
Patriots tells me Gary puts his ego over the needs contributing to this
team winning. Wade's defense has masked Gary's crap all season long,
and it's time the offense played to the level the defense has since
Wade got here.
Wade's defenses have had major major breakdowns in at least 4 of the games we have had this year. 2 of those teams we can understand because they make a living off of making other professional defenses look bad (Pack, Pats). Jacksonville and Detroit though? No way, especially not J-ville.
Old 12-15-2012   #25
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Kubiak has hosted a 4-game losing streak every season he has been here.
Well, all except for three of them ('06, '07, & '11), and four if we can win even one of the next three.

If you're gonna hate on somebody please stick to factual as opposed to made up statistics.
Old 12-15-2012   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate facts.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #27
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I hate facts.
You are apparently not alone my friend.
Old 12-15-2012   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I know is we've had two really bad, embarrassing losses. The common thread in both is that Wade's defense got BLOWN UP. Yet everyone got mad because Kubiak/Dennison's offense couldn't keep up with the number of points Wade's D gave up. If the offense hadn't shown up and kept up in the Jags and Lions games we'd have lost those games too.

I'm not saying Fire Wade. I'm saying it ain't right to pick on one side and ignore the warts on the other.
Truth. No pass for Wade from me, as we know the defense is 100% Wade's domain.

Quote:
...unless you're just flat azzed biased against Kubiak. If that's the case then say so.
Bingo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #29
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Packers
Patriots

Do the Minnesota Petersons count?
...what about the Denver Peytons??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Packers
Patriots

This means we can't go PP? That's disturbing, to say the least.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This means we can't go PP? That's disturbing, to say the least.
One word for you: Diaper!

LOL
Old 12-15-2012   #32
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

In answer to the thread title, it's because he's a stud with the girls.

Old 12-15-2012   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
One word for you: Diaper!

LOL
Keep it up and I'll start throwing mine at you.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #34
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Keep it up and I'll start throwing mine at you.
Thank you, but I don't need extra.
Old 12-15-2012   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
In answer to the thread title, it's because he's a stud with the girls.
You mean, his girl is a stud? Eer, I mean, a bomb.
Old 12-15-2012   #36
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You mean, his girl is a stud? Eer, I mean, a bomb.
No, actually I was joking about him, but I seem to remember that she is.

Old 12-15-2012   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, actually I was joking about him, but I seem to remember that she is.
I knew you were joking, but I'm dead serious about his girl.

Where's TexanBill when I need him.
I'm sure he saves a few pictures on his hard drive.
Old 12-15-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
2 of those teams we can understand because they make a living off of making other professional defenses look bad (Pack, Pats). Jacksonville and Detroit though? No way, especially not J-ville.
C'mon b0ng, in all seriousness, take a luck at the string of injuries leading up to those games, who played, & who didn't. Then look at the guys who didn't finish those games.

Every week he's having to prepare someone else to start, then that guy gets hurt & he's having to throw someone else in.

And as far as Detroit goes, offensively they're right there with the Packers & the Patriots. & Jacksonville, that was the first time anyone had seen them throw the ball downfield. Had we not knocked the snot out of Gabbert, it would have been a totally different game.

Hopefully, we can start getting healthy, & our play gets better from here on out & we peak in February. Jjo should get better, Harris is going to get better with snaps. Our LBs should get better (thought they're journeymen, I feel really good about Dobbins & Rudd) & when they get better, our Safeties will stop cheating & do the job they're supposed to do.

I understand we're spoiled with the next man up thing. People get hurt, we don't care, we're still winning...... but to expect them to look as good as they did when they were completely healthy is asking for a bit much.
Old 12-15-2012   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed about Watt, especially with Cushing gone.

How do you fix this? I go all offense in the draft, this will help the defense by keeping it off the field. Unless Gary has another brain fart and insists on running the ball up the niddle against a NT like Wilfork.

OK KUBIAK. You want to keep having you're running back run up the middle? Then, just go ahead and COME TO DADDY

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #40
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:

Packers
Patriots

and the Panthers dominated us last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read