Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219123 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Please! Buy the Boy a New Pair of Shoes!

Arian lately has somehow appeared to be carrying the ball on one huge slip and slide......his body goes one direction......while his feet have chosen another.

The experts on the Texans staff may need some help in choice of his footwear.

For better traction.

And if Texans wish to keep expenditure to a minimum, rather that having to purchase more than one pair of shoes, entertain a simple inexpensive universal adapter.

For better stop and cut control.

For more total protection 360 degree traction.

Not better for much of anything, but will help fans follow the discrepancy of body direction vs. feet direction.

And for accelerated after-the-game rehab.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #2
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Please! Buy the Boy a New Pair of Shoes!

Dear Mods:

This needs to be moved to the NSFW forum.

Signed,
Rex Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Arian lately has somehow appeared to be carrying the ball on one huge slip and slide......his body goes one direction......while his feet have chosen another.

The experts on the Texans staff may need some help in choice of his footwear.

For better traction.

And if Texans wish to keep expenditure to a minimum, rather that having to purchase more than one pair of shoes, entertain a simple inexpensive universal adapter.

For better stop and cut control.

For more total protection 360 degree traction.

Not better for much of anything, but will help fans follow the discrepancy of body direction vs. feet direction.

And for accelerated after-the-game rehab.

Old 12-14-2012   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Me and my wife complain everytime he slips, don't get it
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Ben Tate's slippage doesn't get brought up though?

I've seen Dre slip a lot, too.

And I'll say it...I've seen Foster slip MORE at home. There, I said it.
Old 12-14-2012   #5
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Please! Buy the Boy a New Pair of Shoes!

He could use a staple gun on his shoes. Happened in the CFL a few years back. The team with traction won
Old 12-14-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219123 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
He could use a staple gun on his shoes. Happened in the CFL a few years back. The team with traction won
GT,
That was a hell of a story when I first heard about it years ago. I remember that the idea was inspired by a player seeing an electrician at the stadium with a staple gun in his hand. But I never looked into the details until you brought it up. Thanks.

Quote:
Although Olympic Stadium was designed to have a retractable roof, and a roof was added in 1987, the stadium was open to the air in November 1977. As is common in late November, Montreal received a fair amount of snow and low temperatures before game time.

Stadium crews put salt on the field to melt the snow. But as the temperature dropped on game day, the melted snow turned into a sheet of ice. The game was marred by several fumbles on otherwise routine snaps of the ball. However, the Alouettes found a competitive advantage - they put staples in the bottom of their sneakers to get traction on the slippery surface. The Eskimos, using standard football cleats, could not find traction on the field. The Als did not give up a single tackle behind their own line of scrimmage.

Tony Proudfoot, Alouettes defensive back and the player who had the idea for, perhaps, the cleverest ploy in Grey Cup history:

"We just had our 25th anniversary reunion of the team which beat Edmonton in the 1977 so-called Staples Game." "I was asked about it again, of course. It was icy cold and there had been a big snowstorm with a transit strike, and fans walking all the way from downtown to Olympic Stadium." "The field was a skating rink. Guys were trying different kinds of footwear - broomball shoes and things like that. All week long we'd been thinking of what footwear to use. We knew it was going to be slippery and nothing, really, was any good. On a frozen field a lot of players like to wear broomball shoes. But they didn't work very well." "Another alternative, because the field was so hard, was screw-on cleats. Nobody really used those anymore, but they were available. We tried grass cleats, Astroturf cleats, nothing worked. I experimented during the week. I even thought about putting nails through my shoes." "By game day, a bunch of guys settled on using steel cleats. Before the warm-up, I noticed a guy from Bell Canada walking by with a staple gun. A light bulb went on. 'I've tried everything, but not that.' So I tried putting staples in my shoes. I stapled an 'X' on about six bumps. Gordon Judges and Chuck Zapiec put some in, too. We looked at each other and said, 'That's it.'" "At the start of the game, about 12 guys had them in and by halftime it was half or three-quarters of the team. The numbers aren't precise because this wasn't organized." "The coaches weren't in on it and the equipment guys had nothing to do with it. It was just the players. Wally Buono was involved. In my opinion it made a big difference. With that little bit of a grip, it gave you extra confidence. We really knew we had something when Gerry Dattilio caught a short pass from Sonny Wade and ran right past Larry Highbaugh for a big gain. Gerry will tell you that he was not ... well, he was not very fast. And Highbaugh was known as one of the fastest guys in the league." "That's when we knew we had something. It was a big factor in that 41-6 win. To me, it was a big deal. I still have that staple gun. To me it's a prized possession."
link
Old 12-15-2012   #7
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Turf is actually really easy to slip on. I play soccer and football on turf and slip all the time. If you quickly make cuts and run at a high speed you could easily slip.

Last edited by Fili; 12-15-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2012   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Turf is actually really easy to slip on. I play soccer and football on turf and slip all the time. If you are quick your feet and fast for feet just slide under you.
But that is why you supposedly have professional state of the art equipment personnel to adjust needs to the field conditions, whether it be grass or synthetic, rain or shine.
Old 12-15-2012   #9
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you are quick your feet and fast for feet just slide under you.

It may be because I'm under the weather, but that sentence makes no sense to me.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #10
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
It may be because I'm under the weather, but that sentence makes no sense to me.
Fixed it sorry. Wasn't thinking. I'm a little under the weather too.
Old 12-16-2012   #11
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fixed it sorry. Wasn't thinking. I'm a little under the weather too.
No apology necessary, but now I understand what you meant. Thanks.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read