Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2012   #21
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning tweets, uh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Never a good idea for a player to make broad generalizations.

Ever.

All he had to do was say something like "Our fans are the best. Thank you for cheering us in our 11 wins and thank you for standing by us in our 2 losses."

Instead, he goes the ill-advised "Hey all you fair weathered fans out there!..." route. Dumb.

I don't care because I know he's not talking to me. But still, it's just bad form. This is why teams don't like social media. Yeah, it's good in some forms, and other times it's a hindrance to brand growth and expansion.

He needs to get back to being a ball hawk and stop trying to act like Bernard Pollard. IMO. Go make some plays on passes, not just playing the run or the big hit on every pass play.
I hate to break this to you, but I would imagine you are more articulate than most NFL players (and I would almost guarantee it, at least in print). The idea that a NFL player, outside a select few, would be much of a politician on twitter is comical. I love how you love to get upset over these things.

Carry on...
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Too many real fans of this team taking this personal. We all know who he's talking about. The closet titan/VY fanboys....the cow patties fans, the steelers fans... They haven't had much to cheer about lately so they jump on in with us real texans fans & act like they've been there all along just b/c they live in the city of houston. Of course those same chumps will hop off the bandwagon at the slightest bit of adversity....or if their real team starts winning again.

Fair weather fans have been a long held contention of mine in this city...which is why the sports culture here sucks compared to the rabidness of other cities and their teams.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... Much ado about nothing!
Old 12-14-2012   #24
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Stop tweeting and go study game film on Luck and the Colts.

That's a dumb statement. A tweet takes 5 seconds to type. Highly doubt he missed any game film to say that...It is what it is. A lot of folks are killing a team that has 2 losses. Less losses than any other team not playing in Atlanta. Ugly losses but they all count the same. You also can't deny, they're tons of people who have never cheered the Texans till last year who are going out of their mind right now and are jumping off the band wagon.
Old 12-14-2012   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Meh... Much ado about nothing!
^^This
Old 12-14-2012   #26
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Danieal Manning @ManningUp38
97.9 the box is right about the fair weather Texans Fans. Ride with ur team. We r Texans.
about 1 hour ago

Then: Danieal Manning @ManningUp38
Fair weather fans. It's cool if u don't like me or other players but don't hate or your Home Team. In many ways we rep. All you Texans
about 1 hour ago
Shouldn't have tweeted that but he's absolutely 100% correct.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Shut up and make a play .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2012   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
yep. Why even waste time on "fairweather fans", however he wants to define them. I hope he's not talking about those doubting the team, because that doubt is a reflection of their ass whoopin'.
Old 12-14-2012   #29
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If you can't even see what he's responding to then I don't see how anybody is holier than thou enough to pass judgement on what a player tweets.

And some of you are acting like Houston isn't full of fairweather bandwagon jumping front running morons and you couldn't be more wrong.
Old 12-14-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
People need to learn when to STFU. Sure, you can say whatever you want, but sometimes, you shouldn't. My wife still dislikes Matt Schaub just because of that idiotic comment he made about the fans a few years ago. I mean, she really dislikes him. I'm sure if she hears about this, I'll have to hear her rant about Manning, LOL.
My wife dislikes him because of that pass he tried to throw to Jacoby last year against the Raiders. She thinks he should have put his head down & run it in, or at the very least throw a pass that Jacoby had a shot to catch.

I told her Matt isn't that guy. Even though it only looked like 5 yards, Matt had no chance of running it in. Her answer is to get someone who can. It makes no sense to her to have a QB that can't run 5 yards when there's no one in front of him.

She hates Peyton Manning (because she loves the Texans) but every time he picks up a first down, picking up 6 to 10 yards she gives me the "SEE!!!..... SEE!!!" you'd think it wouldn't happen often & Peyton is as un athletic as you can imagine, but it happens more than you think.
Old 12-14-2012   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If you can't even see what he's responding to then I don't see how anybody is holier than thou enough to pass judgement on what a player tweets.

And some of you are acting like Houston isn't full of fairweather bandwagon jumping front running morons and you couldn't be more wrong.
yeah, it's tough to decipher without context. I tried to look for 97.9 the box and see what they were specifically saying about fairweather fans. I found nothing, but my gut tells me it is those fans who are marginal fans at best and only when they are winning. Typical frontrunner stuff.

All cities have fairweather fans. Like Rey said up thread, I'm fairweather about the Astros. I could care less about baseball, but I'll get behind the hometown team when they are doing well.

So there will be those folks who feel the same about football. Frontrunners when they win, fall off the bandwagon when they lose.

And that describes none of us. I don't feel like he's talking about fans who live and breath Texans football but feel the pain of losing games. I've heard his radio show many times, and he respects the true hardcore fans, IMO.
Old 12-14-2012   #32
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, it's tough to decipher without context. I tried to look for 97.9 the box and see what they were specifically saying about fairweather fans. I found nothing, but my gut tells me it is those fans who are marginal fans at best and only when they are winning. Typical frontrunner stuff.

All cities have fairweather fans. Like Rey said up thread, I'm fairweather about the Astros. I could care less about baseball, but I'll get behind the hometown team when they are doing well.

So there will be those folks who feel the same about football. Frontrunners when they win, fall off the bandwagon when they lose.

And that describes none of us. I don't feel like he's talking about fans who live and breath Texans football but feel the pain of losing games. I've heard his radio show many times, and he respects the true hardcore fans, IMO.
Not all cities are exactly like Houston in their bandwagonness. I'll just point out how much UH football was supported in Sumlin's last year vs this year, or Texans support any time before 2011 and after 2011 (except for 2002). There is an overwhelming population here, moreso than other cities, who will only root for the home team if they are winning (goes for any sport too), and will call themselves "diehard" at the same time.

I have no problem with any player on any professional team based in Houston pointing this out as it matches what I have seen. And you don't have to look far on the internet to find these people either, there might be a few here, but most of them reside over at that ****pile we like to call chron.com.
Old 12-14-2012   #33
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

We certainly have our share of fair weather fans, not really concerned about them. I'm just praying we don't have fair weather football players.
Old 12-14-2012   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Not all cities are exactly like Houston in their bandwagonness. I'll just point out how much UH football was supported in Sumlin's last year vs this year, or Texans support any time before 2011 and after 2011 (except for 2002). There is an overwhelming population here, moreso than other cities, who will only root for the home team if they are winning (goes for any sport too), and will call themselves "diehard" at the same time.

I have no problem with any player on any professional team based in Houston pointing this out as it matches what I have seen. And you don't have to look far on the internet to find these people either, there might be a few here, but most of them reside over at that ****pile we like to call chron.com.
yeah, I agree. I've lived in Houston my whole life and seen the ebb and flow of the fairweather crowd. I'm certainly not defending them, and I'm not at all upset about Manning's tweets.

The Patriots and Packers games certainly sucked, but c'mon, this is still an 11-2 team that has a ticket to the playoffs!! There is no better time to be a Houston Texans fan!

It's easy to spot the bandwagon fans. Just ask them about 2-14. None of them get it.

Old 12-14-2012   #35
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Has anyone stopped to think that perhaps, just maybe, his dinky still hurts?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
My wife dislikes him because of that pass he tried to throw to Jacoby last year against the Raiders. She thinks he should have put his head down & run it in, or at the very least throw a pass that Jacoby had a shot to catch.

I told her Matt isn't that guy. Even though it only looked like 5 yards, Matt had no chance of running it in. Her answer is to get someone who can. It makes no sense to her to have a QB that can't run 5 yards when there's no one in front of him.

She hates Peyton Manning (because she loves the Texans) but every time he picks up a first down, picking up 6 to 10 yards she gives me the "SEE!!!..... SEE!!!" you'd think it wouldn't happen often & Peyton is as un athletic as you can imagine, but it happens more than you think.
Your wife and I share the same opinion of Schaub.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #37
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Only a fairweather fan would be upset by this tweet.
Old 12-14-2012   #38
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
this, i wouldve called people out also
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #39
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

This actually made me LOL in my office congrats
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #40
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40369 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

My only problem is the guys listens to music that isn't I wouldn't force a dog to listen to. When he listens to real music, then we can talk.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read