Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Danieal Manning tweets, uh oh

Danieal Manning @ManningUp38
97.9 the box is right about the fair weather Texans Fans. Ride with ur team. We r Texans.
about 1 hour ago

Then: Danieal Manning @ManningUp38
Fair weather fans. It's cool if u don't like me or other players but don't hate or your Home Team. In many ways we rep. All you Texans
about 1 hour ago
Old 12-14-2012   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning tweets, uh oh

Aw geez...the old "fair weather fans" gimmick.

Well, I guess that'll just about do it. If that's the mindset of our "pros" then there's definitely fire where there's smoke.

Nothing like a preemptive twitter strike just before the regime falls.
Old 12-14-2012   #3
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Danieal Manning @ManningUp38
97.9 the box is right about the fair weather Texans Fans. Ride with ur team. We r Texans.
about 1 hour ago

Then: Danieal Manning @ManningUp38
Fair weather fans. It's cool if u don't like me or other players but don't hate or your Home Team. In many ways we rep. All you Texans
about 1 hour ago
Before this gets blown WAY out of whack...what was he responding to? Idiot tweets after the Texans lost? Maybe he shouldn't reply at all but nothing he said is wrong.
Old 12-14-2012   #4
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

He is right but Im sure the Texans wont like his actions
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Well, I guess that'll just about do it. If that's the mindset of our "pros" then there's definitely fire where there's smoke.

That's the way I'd handle it. With a tweet.

It's been mentioned before, no one who participates on this board qualifies as a "fair weather fan"

It's not possible.

If you (& I'm not speaking of you in particular GP) don't like this kind of talk from the players... fine. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion.

But please, please, please, don't take this personal, because he's not talking about anyone who regularly participates on this board....... win or lose.
Old 12-14-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Before this gets blown WAY out of whack...what was he responding to? Idiot tweets after the Texans lost? Maybe he shouldn't reply at all but nothing he said is wrong.
Never a good idea for a player to make broad generalizations.

Ever.

All he had to do was say something like "Our fans are the best. Thank you for cheering us in our 11 wins and thank you for standing by us in our 2 losses."

Instead, he goes the ill-advised "Hey all you fair weathered fans out there!..." route. Dumb.

I don't care because I know he's not talking to me. But still, it's just bad form. This is why teams don't like social media. Yeah, it's good in some forms, and other times it's a hindrance to brand growth and expansion.

He needs to get back to being a ball hawk and stop trying to act like Bernard Pollard. IMO. Go make some plays on passes, not just playing the run or the big hit on every pass play.
Old 12-14-2012   #7
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never a good idea for a player to make broad generalizations.
<....> This is why teams don't like social media. Yeah, it's good in some forms, and other times it's a hindrance to brand growth and expansion.
He probably shouldn't have replied at all. I admit that. But...he's probably addressing SPECIFIC fans that tweet crap after losses. I seriously doubt he's calling ALL Texans fans "fair weather".

Meh - people will see what they want to see I guess.
Old 12-14-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From the first tweet he was evidently listening to radio progran on 97.9 the Box and responding to comments
Old 12-14-2012   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

What he ought to do is not go anywhere near Twitter after a loss like that, just like he shouldn't look at Texans forums. If he has to be on there to see comments from important people, then he should have some kind of separate account gets their tweets and not all the "fans" tweets. Like myself; I didn't call him out specifically, but I was ticked at the safeties and I don't think it would be real helpful for him to read my rants from the last 3 days. He better listen to his coach, though, LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
He probably shouldn't have replied at all. I admit that. But...he's probably addressing SPECIFIC fans that tweet crap after losses. I seriously doubt he's calling ALL Texans fans "fair weather".

Meh - people will see what they want to see I guess.
In terms of image, perception is reality. What is truth and what isn't is never the deal...if a person THINKS something is true (or false) then that's truth to that person until proven otherwise.

Using social media where the dialogue is really hard to control, you can't have a true conversation (to say "What did you mean by that?"), is where things get sticky in a hurry.

It's not a bid damn deal. But it is silly. He should know better than that, but then again communication skills are sometimes not in a person's skill set. To me, he comes off as being irritated that the team is receiving criticisms.

They won 11 freaking games. He should roll with it and ignore it. By validating the whiners, he's giving a piece of soul away to them. Which makes me have small doubts about our team's true mettle.

I hate anybody who uses "fair weathered fans" type of talk. It's childish.
Old 12-14-2012   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Stop tweeting and go study game film on Luck and the Colts.

Old 12-14-2012   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I clicked this thread thinking he was going to say something potentially explosive, like throwing a player or coach under the bus. This seems harmless. What's the issue with what he said?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #13
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

How would you even know who a fair weather fan is?

I'm a fair weather fan of the Astros...I simply like to see them do well because they represent Houston, but when they suck I don't even think about them...I damn sure don't waste any time talking about them.

Seems like the term fairweather fan is used to describe people who call them team out after an ugly loss.

This isn't little league. The guys don't get gatorade and orange slices on the side line. People pay a lot of money and invest a lot of time and emotions into the teams they are fans of. Of course there is going to be some vitriol spewed after a loss like that.

Fair weather fans don't give a damn about you, so why the hell do you care about fair weather fans?

The only people that should be concerned about fair weather fans is the marketing department because when things go bad they stop showing any kind of support. They buy merchandise when you're good and ignore you when you're bad.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #15
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess he did not like the response of the fans after embarrasing themselves infront of the world "in the biggest game of Texans history".

WTF did he expect??
TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #16
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Stop tweeting and go study game film on Luck and the Colts.

Yeah there is so much film on the guy he couldnt possibly have gone through it all
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hope they are just psyching themselves up into an everyone is against us mentality and the only people that believe in us are in this room kind of thing...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

People need to learn when to STFU. Sure, you can say whatever you want, but sometimes, you shouldn't. My wife still dislikes Matt Schaub just because of that idiotic comment he made about the fans a few years ago. I mean, she really dislikes him. I'm sure if she hears about this, I'll have to hear her rant about Manning, LOL.
Old 12-14-2012   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, but I saw tweets of a bunch of people in Boston hanging "The Texans are coming...The Texans are coming!!!" on Paul Revere's statue. Plus they had to take a beat down from Patriot fans and still repped. Those fans need to be recognized.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This shouldn't surprise anyone. They got their collective asses handed to them by the Patriots, they got their manhood questioned by their coach, and they're now trying to pull together and circle the wagons. It's all part of the "Us against those who are not with us" reflex that just about every NFL team seems to come up with when this series of events plays out.

Nothing to see here I think.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read