Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2012   #21
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anybody know if Schaub is seeing Sports Psycholgist

"Doc, I have this problem. When I call a Red 42 Rover, I can't decide if the Mike is going to blitz or drop back. It's giving me anxiety."

"You need to have more open communication with your mother. That'll be $500."
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anybody know if Schaub is seeing Sports Psychologist

Sounds to me like it's some fans who post on this board that need to see a shrink!! Geeeeeezzzz!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Sounds to me like it's some fans who post on this board that need to see a shrink!! Geeeeeezzzz!
I've been crazy for years. It's to late for me to change now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

He'd scare the veal out of a psychologist after a half hour in a session

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The psychology regarding losing in sports is about process, not outcome. The successful players talk a lot about what they learned from the loss. You watch the post game interviews—and I almost do this in my head now—but if you hear a guy saying, "You know, I got beat up, but I tried to hang in there, and I won’t make those mistakes again," I know this player is going to comeback, because he’s already talking about the process, what he learned, and what he can work on, as opposed to, "Oh, the refs screwed me or the opponents played dirty pool." That might even be true, but it’s not within your control.

The term for this, in sports psychology, is locus of control. Internal locus of control, focusing on the positives and negatives that you can directly impact, usually equates to long-term competitive success and a healthy mental attitude. By contrast, external locus of control, obsessing about cheating opponents, incompetent or blind refs, are a recipe for disaster.

Oddly enough, this theory holds true even in controlled experiments where the test subject is being cheated. Those who attribute failure to something they did and something they can change, even if they’re wrong, were more likely to be successful in future competitions.

These little "hints" as to where the state of mind of Schaub and other players (as well as coaches and owners), may help you be able to better assess your gut impressions.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
He'd scare the veal out of a psychologist after a half hour in a session

I think you're right.

The psychologist will have to go see another psychologist to get that psycho image out of his head, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #27
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anybody know if Schaub is seeing Sports Psycholgist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
We must begin by asking it...
..."What is losing?"
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as bubonic plague...

now if you just bring in the football equivalent of Roy Hobbs....
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2012   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The psychology regarding losing in sports is about process, not outcome. The successful players talk a lot about what they learned from the loss. You watch the post game interviews—and I almost do this in my head now—but if you hear a guy saying, "You know, I got beat up, but I tried to hang in there, and I won’t make those mistakes again," I know this player is going to comeback, because he’s already talking about the process, what he learned, and what he can work on, as opposed to, "Oh, the refs screwed me or the opponents played dirty pool." That might even be true, but it’s not within your control.

The term for this, in sports psychology, is locus of control. Internal locus of control, focusing on the positives and negatives that you can directly impact, usually equates to long-term competitive success and a healthy mental attitude. By contrast, external locus of control, obsessing about cheating opponents, incompetent or blind refs, are a recipe for disaster.

Oddly enough, this theory holds true even in controlled experiments where the test subject is being cheated. Those who attribute failure to something they did and something they can change, even if they’re wrong, were more likely to be successful in future competitions.

These little "hints" as to where the state of mind of Schaub and other players (as well as coaches and owners), may help you be able to better assess your gut impressions.
Sounds like it's better to give the other guy the benefit of the doubt, even if he doesn't deserve it at all. Stay humble, etc.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #29
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, you may be right about that, grandma. I might need to have my head examined if I keep thinking that Schaub can take us where we need to go. I'm not happy with him at all.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

My prayers go out to Matt Schaub.

4 games now, 4 games in a row, something ain't right. I hope it all works out for him. Because we need him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read