Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2014   #121
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All work and no play for JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He's playing with their head, too.

What a challenge he's been putting himself through.
So much easier when you live his Spartan lifestyle. The bad guys have no doubt JJ has put the time in.
Old 07-31-2014   #122
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Fun and interesting read. Thanks.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014   #123
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha......the man's a legend. They'll write books.
Old 08-01-2014   #124
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn View Post
Ha......the man's a legend. They'll write books.
They'll make movies! Children will be named after him!
Old 08-01-2014   #125
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt is a damned decent human being!

"I went camping with Watt ... I'm in the back of a pickup with Watt and a live deer. Well, Watt, he grabs the deer by the antlers, looks at it and says, 'I'm J.J. Watt! Say it!' Then he squeezes the deer in such a way that a sound comes out of its mouth -- "JJWatt!" It wasn't exactly it, but it was pretty good for a deer."

"I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury."

"Watt's ranked eighteenth in the AP college football poll"

"He breast feeds John Madden"

"I remember one time Watt took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when Watt got splashed. So Watt yells, 'I'm J.J. Watt and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, 'How do you like it?' And then damn if Watt didn't step in there and finish the show."
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014   #126
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

"I went camping with Watt ... I'm in the back of a pickup with Watt and a live deer. Well, Watt, he grabs the deer by the antlers, looks at it and says, 'I'm J.J. Watt! Say it!' Then he squeezes the deer in such a way that a sound comes out of its mouth -- "JJWatt!" It wasn't exactly it, but it was pretty good for a deer."

"I remember one time Watt took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when Watt got splashed. So Watt yells, 'I'm J.J. Watt and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, 'How do you like it?' And then damn if Watt didn't step in there and finish the show."
What an odd post...
Old 08-01-2014   #127
Happy187
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Happy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno if anyone has posted this or not. J.J. Watt is awesome. Here is an article on Grantland: http://grantland.com/features/j-j-wa...4-nfl-preview/

One of Watt’s favorite moves is one he calls the jab-and-go.3 It typically starts with him lining up just outside of a guard. In Phillips’s one-gap defense, that space between the guard and tackle is Watt’s responsibility. The standard way players are taught to control that gap is by firing into it just as the ball is snapped, to claim that space with the most speed and authority possible. Every so often, Watt will eschew those lessons. Instead, he takes a step inside, momentarily leaving him and the defense vulnerable. “If it works, you’re giving up your gap for a brief second to gain an advantage in getting back in your gap more effectively,” Watt says. “If it doesn’t, you’re giving up your gap, and you’re also blocked, so now there’s one gap unaccounted for.” Usually, it leaves a guard so off-balance that he has to catch his footing just to keep from falling on his face.

Last edited by Happy187; 08-01-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: too long
Happy187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2014   #128
Happy187
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Happy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respectedHappy187 is a quality contributor and well respected

one paragraph from article

In nearly four decades of pro football, Phillips has been lucky enough to coach some of the best pass-rushers ever. He had five years with Bruce Smith in Buffalo. He coached Reggie White for three in Philadelphia. Before arriving in Houston, he oversaw the prime of DeMarcus Ware’s career with the Cowboys. “Two years ago was the best defensive line play in the history of football,” Phillips says. “He had more tackles, blocked passes, pressures on the quarterback. The conglomeration of all that was the best that anybody has ever played. I’ve had some great ones, but they’ve never made that many great plays in one year.”

Last edited by Happy187; 08-01-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: too long
Old 08-01-2014   #129
cland
Veteran

Rep Power: 4611 cland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respectedcland is a quality contributor and well respected

Great Article! Thanks for posting it.
cland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014   #130
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy187 View Post

Continued on next post.
Thanks for posting, but please do not post entire articles. Provide some salient quotes and a link. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2014   #131
Happy187
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Thanks for posting, but please do not post entire articles. Provide some salient quotes and a link. Thanks.
oops. Thanks. Next time I will keep that in mind.
Old 08-01-2014   #132
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Edit
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014   #133
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Great read!!
Old 08-01-2014   #134
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

He taught me how to love a woman - and how to scold a child.
Old 08-01-2014   #135
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45112 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt can crack a walnut with a feather.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014   #136
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt orchestrated the merger between UNICEF and Smith and Wesson!
Old 08-01-2014   #137
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt is an evil demon here to crush mankind into servitude for his alien masters. This is all a show to gain our trust.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014   #138
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
JJ Watt is an evil demon here to crush mankind into servitude for his alien masters. This is all a show to gain our trust.
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Old 08-02-2014   #139
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014   #140
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121752 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mosquitoes refuse to bite him, purely out of respect.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read