Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2014   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 116610 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans 2015 Schedule

Home:
Indy
Tennessee
Jax
New England
Ny Jets
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Kansas City

Away
Indy
Tennessee
Jax
Carolina
Atlanta
Buffalo
Miami
Cincinnati

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 488802 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2015 Schedule

A little tougher than 2014.
Old 12-28-2014   #3
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178408 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Way too early prediction based off of continued good defense and solid QB play: 12-4
Old 12-28-2014   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 255450 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

anything can happen but I like it as of now.
Old 12-28-2014   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 310553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

6 games vs 2014 playoff teams. Get New England at NRG. Get the NFC South. What's not to like?
Old 12-28-2014   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19506 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's too early to tell but that schedule now looks even easier than this years schedule they just finished!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 218797 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I might try to go the Miami game with my boy w is a long time Dolphins sufferer.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2014   #8
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38222 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't like getting my hopes up, what with this franchise's history. But I'm feeling good about that schedule--10+ wins good.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014   #9
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 15484 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad we got the tough games at home...

Now if only we could figure out this QB situation.
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117913 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not one road team on that schedule scares me. Honestly no reason to not go at least 6-2 on the road. Of course, you know, schedules on paper don't take into account our perpetual lack of luck.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014   #11
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 15484 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

Carolina had a down year but their defense is no joke. Who knows what you'll get with Cam though.

Hoping our ground game can just punish Atlanta. But Matty Ice could tear up our secondary if it ends up being that kinda game.

Buffalo plays tough. I don't think they were ever really blown out this year.
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 421707 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we played Indy, Jaxs and Tits last year and this year. What's up with that? Don't we play then every year?

Who makes these frigging schedules?

Isaac Asimov
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 40895 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami is a short flight from Houston. I'm going.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #14
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79346 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Home:
Indy - win
Tennessee - win
Jax - win
New England - loss
Ny Jets - win
Tampa Bay - win
New Orleans - win
Kansas City - ?

Away:
Indy - loss
Tennessee - win
Jax - win
Carolina - ?
Atlanta - loss
Buffalo - win
Miami - win
Cincinnati - loss
Looks like 10-6 or 11-5 to me if we stay healthy, and Mallett can come in and perform.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 112256 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Looks like 10-6 or 11-5 to me if we stay healthy, and Mallett can come in and perform.
And if Mallett turns into one of those quarterbacks that can win games for the team rather than just not lose them, those question marks have a better chance of being wins.
Old 12-31-2014   #16
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 27711 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I can realistically see 10-11 wins and possibly winning the AFC South. Indy's schedule isn't quite as friendly in that they have to face Denver (home) and Pittsburg (road). That Denver game will be interesting seeing as Peyton will almost certainly be back, and we all know he's the regular season champion of all time.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #17
austins23
All Pro

Section: GridIron 525
Rep Power: 34547 austins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Luck, Brady, Brees, and Ryan are the only "prolific" passers the Texans face next year. Newton is the only dual threat on the schedule.

Schedule is set up for the Defense to get a lot better. The last few games this year it was awesome, it can only get better next year imo.

I'm liking 11-5.
Old 12-31-2014   #18
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 220932 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I wold almost bet the Patriots game will be Prime Time. Teacher vs Student: Brady vs Mallett, BOB vs Bellicheck.

He wont say it openly but you know O Brien will be fired up
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #19
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 39242 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

I see a couple road trips in my future... FINALLY!!!

- Jax for sure
- Miami
- Atlanta, possibly.
- Carolina, depending on schedule

Excited to finally be back in the US.
Old 01-13-2015   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 488802 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 2015 opponents breakdown
Code:
NRG STADIUM OPPONENTS
Division	 Team	2014 Record	2014 Road Record
AFC South	
                *Colts	   11-5	                5-3
                Jaguars	   3-13	            	0-8
                Titans	   2-14	            	1-7
AFC East	
                *Patriots  12-4	            	5-3
                Jets	   4-12	            	2-6
AFC West	
                Chiefs	   9-7	            	3-5
NFC South	
                Saints	   7-9	            	4-4
                Buccaneers 2-14	            	2-6

TOTAL		           50-78	        22-42
Quote:
In 2014, the teams coming to NRG Stadium struggled. They struggled overall, finishing with a combined 50-78 record. Just a pair of those squads were playoff teams, in this weekend's AFC Title finalists Indianapolis and New England. The Chiefs finished 9-7, the Saints were 7-9, and none of the other five were able to muster more than four wins the entire year.

Further, the Patriots, Colts and Saints were the only teams coming to NRG Stadium that were .500 or better on the road in 2014.
Code:
ROAD OPPONENTS

Division	 Team	2014 Record	2014 Home Record
AFC South	
                *Colts	   11-5	            	6-2
                Jaguars	   3-13	            	3-5
                Titans	   2-14	            	1-7
AFC East	
                Bills	   9-7	            	5-3
                Dolphins   8-8	            	4-4
AFC North	
                *Bengals   10-5-1	        5-2-1
NFC South	
                *Panthers  7-8-1	        4-4
                Falcons	   6-10	            	3-5

TOTAL		           56-69-1	        31-32-1
Quote:
On the road in 2015, the Texans get just three playoff teams: the Colts, Bengals and Panthers. Carolina won the NFC South despite a 7-8-1 record. Unlike the home slate, the road slate is a bit tougher. Five of the eight opponents were .500 or better in 2014. The combined home record of the eight the Texans face was 31-32-1.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read