Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2012   #81
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans VS Colts. Let's predict :)

Pats fan perspective having played both teams.

It comes down to their run defense and your passing defense. The unit that steps up wins. The Colts are very porous against the run and you should be able to wear them down. Shaub is much more effective when he's throwing play action when the running game is clicking. While your team is dramatically more talented it's a QB driven league. While Luck is no Brady or Rogers at this point he might be as good as Stafford, who IMO wouldn't be good at all without CJ, and Stafford had a big day against your defense. Luck will eventually be much better than Stafford but for now I think it's a valid comp. I also think the first quarter is clutch for both teams. If the Texans come out mad and run the ball down their throats I think they'll roll. If Indy can survive that onslaught watch out for another comeback and close game win.

All that said Texans 31-21.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #82
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, yeah, fine. You guys just relax and lay an egg against the 49ers Sunday. You don't need that win anyway.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #83
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yeah, yeah, fine. You guys just relax and lay an egg against the 49ers Sunday. You don't need that win anyway.
It shouldn't matter what they do. We should win out, it's ours to take or give away.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #84
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans destroy the Colts.

3 touchdown lead by the half and no turtle mode in the 2nd half.

42-0 Texans.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #85
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 16428 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Texans destroy the Colts.

3 touchdown lead by the half and no turtle mode in the 2nd half.

42-0 Texans.
The only way we get a blowout like that if our defense and special teams help us out. If they don't it's 7-0 Texans. The offense go on autopilot with a lead every time.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #86
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta break the #12 curse for this season. Knocks on wood, kisses rabbit foot

ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #87
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This read may make you feel better about playing the Colts.

LINK
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2012   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
This read may make you feel better about playing the Colts.

LINK
That can't be right. Dude must be a Colts hater. Only the Texans have "issues" and are less than perfect.
Old 12-12-2012   #89
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

After the thread that I just read about Kubiak "calling out players manhood", I have two predictions:

A) Pain! Signed, Clubber Lang

B) Way too much to not nearly enough.

Texans!
Old 12-12-2012   #90
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65137 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...e-game-houston

Here is another article from the same guy, i do like the research he does and he makes a lot of valid points on all his articles i have reado so far.
Old 12-12-2012   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
HA!!! I see what you did there!
Old 12-13-2012   #92
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I got my RED, WHITE, and BLUES mixed up on MNF, I'm keeping my trap shut and sitting the bench!!

NO predictions from me EVER! Well, at least the rest of this year!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #93
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Gotta break the #12 curse for this season. Knocks on wood, kisses rabbit foot

3rd time's the charm right?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #94
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Since I got my RED, WHITE, and BLUES mixed up on MNF, I'm keeping my trap shut and sitting the bench!!

NO predictions from me EVER! Well, at least the rest of this year!
I wouldn't worry at all.

Sometimes, well, often times, when the signal is too strong, it bounced the other way.

But there's no harm in "trusting" your emotion regarding your football team.

As long as we know the outcome might be contradicting, I like it much better going into the game with full of hope.

When the situation turns dire, we realize that it's just a regular season game.
No biggie.

The play-offs are different though, because anybody can win on game day.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #95
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
After last night, the Texans will be in a mood to kick some ass. And that's what they will do. The Dolts are going down by 17 points or more.
This.
Texans 2 losses are against Rogers and Brady. Luck is neither.
The colts have no running game.
The Texans D is PIZZED!!!! Have a lot to prove and they are at home.
Texans by a lot!
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #96
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Texans +17... Yeah, I said it!!
Old 12-13-2012   #97
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be surprised if the Texans don't take the colts to the woodshed and beat innegan out of them
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I believe the Texans have the resolve & the talent now, to not allow themselves to lose two in a row. Don't get me wrong, good teams have & will lose two in a row. But after watching New England & knowing where they want to go I think they know that they've got to be better than a "good team"
Old 12-14-2012   #99
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41467 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I will be surprised if the Texans don't take the colts to the woodshed and beat innegan out of them
But were you surprised when the Pats took the Texans to the woodshed Monday night and beat the "innegan" out of them ? Just remember, by definition a surprise is when something unexpected happens, so brace yourself for this Sunday in Reliant.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #100
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I really didn't think the Texans would win in new England last week. Guess the reason I wasn't mad or anything. I don't know why. However I do expect them to sweep the colts. I have no idea how that team is winning with that crappy of a defense.

With that said. I jinxed the Texans
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read