Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2012   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans VS Colts. Let's predict :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
No, the pattern is...

Lose to a team with an elite QB and then win the next 6 games in a row.

Colts
Vikings
Colts
divisional playoff
conference championship
Super Bowl
That would be nice Stan...

Question is do you believe what you're typing?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #22
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That would be nice Stan...

Question is do you believe what you're typing?

Hey, I'm a glass 1/16th full kinda guy!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Oliver Luck is already, in his rookie year, proving thst he's an elite QB, and will be a thorn in our side for the next 10-15 years. We have been horribly exposed for the team they really are . . . A paper mâché 11-2 team that probably won't even win the division, and end up with a first round playoff loss.

Gotta leave the homer tag in the glovebox. I predicted the Pats would blow us out, and the score was even worse than I even predicted. Luck will lead the Colts to another come from behind win . . 27-21 . . and it might not even be that close.
Oliver Luck is too old to play. However, we should be concerned about his son, Andrew, as he's been playing very well this year.

I agreed with you about the Patriots last week. I did not expect to win, but I hoped the Texans were competitive.

But I disagree with you about the Colts next Sunday. I think the Texans will come out strong and win the division at Reliant. It won't be an easy game, though.
Old 12-11-2012   #24
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Although the whole "Sky is falling!!" attitude of many board members has been hilarious, it's time to move on. The Texans will lock up division on Sunday and we will all go back to worrying about our seeding.
Old 12-11-2012   #25
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Oliver Luck is too old to play.
If we have to face Archie Manning in the playoffs, we are done for.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #26
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #27
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77470 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Oliver Luck is too old to play.
yeah, I think he is, DB.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2012   #28
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll roll with 27-17 Texans in this one. Luck gets picked off twice and we return to a more Foster/Tate 1-2 punch.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #29
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1276 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I would hardly call Andrew Luck "elite" at this point. He throws as many picks as he does TD's and he's been feasting on awful competition. The Colts beat GB, which is good, but that's the only good team they've beaten. The Pats beat them 59-24 by the way.
I fully expect the Colts to get beat this weekend as the match-ups clearly favor Houston, but is the Houston schedule really all that different? You guys played the Ravens while the Colts got the Browns. And then you got the Broncos while Indy plays the Chiefs in a couple of weeks. Other than that, the schedules are no different.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
I fully expect the Colts to get beat this weekend as the match-ups clearly favor Houston, but is the Houston schedule really all that different? You guys played the Ravens while the Colts got the Browns. And then you got the Broncos while Indy plays the Chiefs in a couple of weeks. Other than that, the schedules are no different.
I hate you guys. Not in an evil sort of hate, but just the fact that you had a once-in-a-generation player with Manning for over a decade, and now you've got the next once-in-a-generation player with Luck.

Seriously, it took us years to dig out of 2-14 season, and y'all are hunting for a playoff spot the next year!! grrrrr.....
Old 12-11-2012   #31
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Those two games could make all the difference at this point.

Assuming you got the Ravens and Broncos, Your record could have gone from 9-4 to 7-6.

Big difference.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #32
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh and also, I predict we clinch the division in this game.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #33
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Clubber Lang does not show up in this thread, at least not in my post. The Texans have embarrassed Clubber and he's too busy pitying them to make a prediction.

I predict that the Texans season hinges on how they respond to that ass-whipping they took last night. Either they've lost the last game they're going to lose this year or they're about to go down in an epic three game skid and I don't which one it is.
Old 12-11-2012   #34
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like has already been posted, those 2 games make a big difference. The Browns and the Chiefs are goddawful and we had to play 2 of the best teams in the AFC and beat them. I was just pointing out that Indy really hasn't beaten anyone that can be considered good, other than GB, and have barely beaten bad teams. I know we squeaked one out over JAX but we've for the most part have beaten the crap out of bad teams while you guys almost lost to the Tacks just last week.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #35
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 25856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Chad Henne set the bar against our D. Luck is much better and will throw for at least 3 TDs. The question is will he throw enough int's to offset it for us to win.
klockWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #36
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

if texans play like they played at NE then i see colts blowing out the texans...no we didnt play r avens or broncos...but we beat lions in regulation without a free td...we beat the packers who kicked your guys ass...we played new england aand were lighting them up for two quarters...
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #37
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect the Texans to score early and often, so that the game is out of reach by the 4Q. No heroics from the Colts on Sunday. Not after what happened at Foxboro.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #38
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I expect the Texans to score early and often, so that the game is out of reach by the 4Q. No heroics from the Colts on Sunday. Not after what happened at Foxboro.
you better hope your right...would be sad to go from 11-1 to 11-2 to getting knocked down to wild card by losing to a rookie..from waht i read you dont have alot of faith in your qb or coach...that doesnt fair well in the playoffs...if everyones in doubt
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Don't get me wrong. I hope like hell I'm totally wrong in my prediction, but the prediction still stands. The Colts will have fresh film on what the Pats did to us, and I expect the same if adjustments aren't made.
You mean they know how to get the refs to call all sort of bogus PI on us?

Or do they know how to make our receivers dropping balls by doing nothing?
Or how to get our guys to fail to pick up a fumble without their guys having anything to do with it?
Or how to get Schaub to miss receivers by just staring at him?

If so, we may as well not show up at Reliant
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts don't have Vince Wilfork.
Their LB corp cannot be compared with the Pats'.

Luck is no Brady.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read