Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2012   #41
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Wade Phillips = Fool's Gold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
One word..."Fitzpatrick".
I couldn't recall his name, so I had to use the AD as a scapegoat, LOL.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Brady wasn't even looking at Welker that play. I don't like it when guys get calls like that and they were not even on the QB's radar for that play.
I don't know if a ref should verify the QB was looking at Welker, he probably wasn't because Welker was being held. I think it is correct to err on the side of caution.

However, the thing that gets me about this one, is it was 3rd & 6. Harris gets 5 yards. Sometimes it takes the defender & the receiver (because he's just as guilty in these situations) to clear themselves up.

Just like that ticky-tack illegal formation, it was too close to call in the month of December when these games mean what they mean.

That said, the Texans need to be mature enough to not let that affect their play. There were PIs not called that would have helped the Pats. Some obvious. There were holding penalties that weren't called on both sides, hands to the face, etc... I think the refs called us closer than they called the Pats, the Daniel Manning PI was no different than the Offensive PI called on LeStar.

But they gotta play through it. Those bogus calls do not explain us being shut out for two & a half Qtrs.
Old 12-12-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Everytime someone lights that little hobbit up like a Christmas tree I look for it on Youtube, warch it repeatedly and laugh like it's Richard Pryor on the Sunset Strip. It's my sincerest hpe that when they come back in January the secondary takes turns seeing who can give him a concussion and the LBs do the same to knowc that smug little grin off Thomasina Brady's girlish face.
I have no doubt that we got into Welker's head. He doesn't drop balls like that. 10 targets, 3 catches....
Old 12-12-2012   #44
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

No disrespect to Bradie James and Tim Dobbins, but a healthy Brian Cushing and DeMeco Ryans at ILB in a 3-4 defense is pretty sensational to say the least. You're talking about two pro bowlers compared to a couple of guys who should be backups at best. James was a beast in his younger days in Dallas but he's not the same player anymore.

The Texans "Bulls on Parade" defense used to kick ass all over the field. Now I see too many big gaps in the middle of the field. Easy runs and passes up the middle for the opposing offenses. Just a year ago I could argue that the Texans had the four best starting linebackers in the NFL. We didn't take a back seat to any team's linebackers, not even the 49ers or Bears. Right now I don't even think we're a top 10 team when it comes to linebackers. Especially with Brian Cushing and Brooks Reed out.
Old 12-12-2012   #45
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
No disrespect to Bradie James and Tim Dobbins, but a healthy Brian Cushing and DeMeco Ryans at ILB in a 3-4 defense is pretty sensational to say the least. You're talking about two pro bowlers compared to a couple of guys who should be backups at best. James was a beast in his younger days in Dallas but he's not the same player anymore.

The Texans "Bulls on Parade" defense used to kick ass all over the field. Now I see too many big gaps in the middle of the field. Easy runs and passes up the middle for the opposing offenses. Just a year ago I could argue that the Texans had the four best starting linebackers in the NFL. We didn't take a back seat to any team's linebackers, not even the 49ers or Bears. Right now I don't even think we're a top 10 team when it comes to linebackers. Especially with Brian Cushing and Brooks Reed out.
Yep.

Defense took a step back from last year. Demeco was awesome and I'm still upset that we let him go.

And even though Mario was hurt, Barwin and Reed can't hold Mario's jock strap. Even if Mario was playing half-interested at times.

Texans had the best LB corps in the NFL last season, took a step back. Now we need to hope that Smith picked the right guy in Mercilus and that some guys step up.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #46
TexansRule1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respected

This game was over 3 possessions into the game. The Texans had only a remote chance of coming back once it was 21-0.

I thought the Pats offensive game plan was phenomenal and they beat us primarily through the air (when the game counted). The early long pass to Welker took advantage KJax aggressive play style. It was a planned double move and Brady never looked at him to keep the safety away. The over the top TD to Brandon Lloyd took advantage of Quin aggressive role as a run stopper.

In general, they had an inordinate number of 3rd and long conversions signs that the run defense was sufficient, but the pass rush was lacking. I thought the Texans started to finally make stops when they increased their blitzes...but then they were more vulnerable to the run.

On offense, Schaub actually came out sharp on the 1st two series. His only bad pass was the interception. Every other pass hit the receiver's hands. After that, it appeared that New England started to get an effective pass rush and blitzed a lot (over 52% of the plays). Our new guys on the line (Jones, Gardner, Harris) were not effective in pass blocking and even Myers had a failed blitz pickup -- something that almost never happens. I thought the improved pass rush (or perhaps the interception) was the trigger for Schaub becoming more erratic -- though he was far from terrible in this game from a QB perspective, just not good.

The Texans were hardly effective running the ball. Initially (1st two plays) we looked good. After that, we were getting man-handled (especially by Wilfork) and run blitzes that caused Foster to have no holes to run into. Finally, (after game was over), we started to combat this tactic with screens wide but by then Schaub was not accurate and the game was already out of hand.

Overall, we were out-coached in this game. Offense couldn't adjust to the QB pressures and blitz packages. Defense was surgically taken advantage of and didn't dial up the pressure early enough. I'm not sure we could have won this game with any set of players.

Just my thoughts...
TexansRule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #47
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He won't be fool's gold until Kubiak gets fired and he takes the HC job.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2012   #48
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Ladies and Gents if those muff-huggas DO come back in January I have one world which will be ETCHED into my every waking THOUGHT:

Revenge!!!! Leave no survivors, kill the livestock, salt the fields, tear up and bow railroad ties and burn every standing structure to the ground. Let thier women weep and let them curse us for generations at the very mention of our names when they speak of the events of the playoffs of the 2012 season.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #49
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ladies and Gents if those muff-huggas DO come back in January I have one world which will be ETCHED into my every waking THOUGHT:

Revenge!!!! Leave no survivors, kill the livestock, salt the fields, tear up and bow railroad ties and burn every standing structure to the ground. Let thier women weep and let them curse us for generations at the very mention of our names when they speak of the events of the playoffs of the 2012 season.
What kind of coffee ya drinking these days?

Old 12-12-2012   #50
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The injuries are hurting us too.

I'm sorry, but we're hurting because the Right Guard is a wet-behind-the-ears rookie, not even really "blue chip" player as well.

Newton has been gone from Right Tackle. He was decent, but let's be honest: It was an iffy position to begin with and it got even more iffy with Newton out.

There is some crap going on with our RBs, too. They don't look like a cohesive, All For One and One For All "team" to me. Foster, for whatever reason, is sort of mailing it in too much for my taste. When things are rocking and rolling, he is dynamite...when things are stalling, he tends to (IMO) play down to that level and sort of curl up and go into "Protect myself" mode. Which might be wise considering he only gets a paycheck if he is not in I.C.U. due to the punishment he'd take if he did try 100% the whole game long. Throw in the tiff between Kubiak and Tate and it adds another level of uncertainty to the mix.

Then we've got our Linebacker situation. Honestly, this team needs an entire draft with nothing but Linebackers taken. Seriously. And draft them in the make and model of Brian Cushing, or die trying. Because without quality LBs in the middle, everything is mush. And JJ Watt is trying to firm that mush up as much as he can, and it's wearing on him. It's wearing on me, too.

So yeah, people think JUST because we have AJ and Schaub healthy that things ought to go better like they did in most of 2011. Well, we've got injury problems that are hurting us in NEW ways this year. A good Schaub ain't worth much if the OL is in shambles and the defense is banged up in ways that makes it easier for opposing offenses to sustain drives and keep our O off the field.

Then our O does, indeed, get onto the field and they can't do anything much unless all the conditions are right for them.

We need Newton back. We need guys like Ben Jones to find their sea legs RIGHT NOW. And Wade has got to find ways to mask our deficiencies and get things handled despite the injuries to our secondary and our MLBs.

Secondary and MLBs are the biggest problems with the defense. The OL, specifically the right side, and the weird crap going on with Foster and Tate is the things hurting us on offense.
Old 12-12-2012   #51
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
What kind of coffee ya drinking these days?
Cafe Du Monde. How about you?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #52
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And as much as the media think we're fake and we're not "top level" material, the 11-2 record is still what it is: We found ways to win 11 games and only lose 1 game before playing the All-Universe Patriots who have been dismantling teams in December to the tune of 20 straight games.

So just as it's no accident that the Patriots have won 20 straight games in December, it's no accident that the Texans (as flawed as they are) have managed to find a way to win 11 out of 13 games so far this year.

11 out of 13 games is hard to win in the NFL even when you're an All-Universe team like the Patriots, let alone an inexperienced yet talented team like the Texans.

Pretty much that ******* on the Jets who ended Cushing's season is a major reason why we continue to struggle a lot on defense. That guy didn't even levy a true block, he blindsided Cushing away from the play with nothing but ill intentions. You don't throw a block to the BACK SIDE of a guy's knees unless you're trying to do damage. Even in their loss, Rex Ryan and his schit-bag ways ended up making us lose. For that, the man and that team forever hold my ire.
Old 12-12-2012   #53
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Cafe Du Monde. How about you?
Folgers instant, LOL.

Old 12-12-2012   #54
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wait a second! Who's town are we terrorizing here???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read