Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Does Wade Phillips = Fool's Gold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Honestly, that is guess work as we don't know what would have happened if the offense scored. Did they play badly? Yes. Worse unit out there. But the point is the defense did not play good either so saying they get a pass because they made a few stops AFTER going down 21 points,

I'm not saying the defense gets a pass. Just saying they adjusted to what was happening on the field and at least fought back. I'm also saying the 42 points isn't indicative of our defense.
Old 12-11-2012   #22
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25182 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm not saying the defense gets a pass. Just saying they adjusted to what was happening on the field and at least fought back. I'm also saying the 42 points isn't indicative of our defense.
Ah ok. Bad interpertation on my part then. Then I am in agreement as I feel the defense is the one unit that can change things around with the proper adjustments. I think even with the injuries they have enough to be a solid unit (but damn do I miss Cush being out there). Curious to see if Wade makes an adjustment and mixes up the coverages a bit more.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #23
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense is at a point now where they can't shut anyone down. The offense really has to pick it up.

Asking Dobbins/James/Sharpton to cover athletic TE's and scat backs is a disaster yet they keep getting stuck man to man on them. I really can't blame the players for their athletic limitations.

Bradie James would give up a TD to Aaron Hernandez 90% of the time.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Defense is at a point now where they can't shut anyone down. The offense really has to pick it up.

Asking Dobbins/James/Sharpton to cover athletic TE's and scat backs is a disaster yet they keep getting stuck man to man on them. I really can't blame the players for their athletic limitations.

Those are some of the things I mentioned before the game that might hurt us.
Bradie James on Hernandez.

Woodhead in the game together with Welker.
I thought it would be a better matchup to go with a dime package so that we can have two CBs on these guys instead of a LB on Woodhead.

That way we can still put one safety on Hernandez.

Who knows, maybe Wade is saving some scheme for the next game in January.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post

What was your game plan going in? What did you think we needed to do to win the game @ Foxboro?

I thought we needed to control the clock, methodically work our way down the field & score efficiently. I thought the defense just needed to get us 4 or 5 stops & our offense would keep us in the game with a chance to win at the end.

The defense...... Wade's damaged goods did what I thought they needed to do.

The offense came out & punted on the first possession (there was one play, the 3rd down play LeStar didn't make the catch) LeStar, OD, & Andre were all stacked on one side. LeStar got off the line basically untouched & couldn't separate from the CB. OD & AJ ran into each other.

The second possession, we had a nice drive down the field capped off with a Int in the endzone.

The third possession down by 14, I think we went 3 & out.

Forget about the defense, you're not going to beat the Patriots if that's your first three possessions.

The defense then gave up another TD early in the second qtr, but didn't give up another point (damn near not another yard) to "Tom Brady" Until their second possession of the third qtr.
Old 12-12-2012   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Those are some of the things I mentioned before the game that might hurt us.
Bradie James on Hernandez.

Woodhead in the game together with Welker.
I thought it would be a better matchup to go with a dime package so that we can have two CBs on these guys instead of a LB on Woodhead.

That way we can still put one safety on Hernandez.

Who knows, maybe Wade is saving some scheme for the next game in January.
If he's not, he needs to come up with one.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Is Belichick not a genius?

Did you see how he got his running game going against us? They knew our inside guys were going to be aggressive & shoot the gaps. They let them through, then their H-Backs put the 'ol wham block on our guys. Antonio Smith seemed to be the recipient of at least two of those & it opened up huge holes for their backs.

Then that Vareen.... that guy can cut laterally like no one I've ever seen before. He's not Peterson, he's not Foster, but that lateral cut... my God!!!
Old 12-12-2012   #28
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Would anyone be upset spending our first 5 picks on D again?
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
After our offense just got shut out in the first half against the 26th rank defense? They are ranked 26th after that game, they were probably 27th or worse before the game.

Yes, I would be upset if we spend 5 picks total on D this year. Kubiak has been making lemonade for 7 years now. I'm not his biggest fan, but I understand there is only so much you can do.
Old 12-12-2012   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Is Belichick not a genius?

Did you see how he got his running game going against us? They knew our inside guys were going to be aggressive & shoot the gaps. They let them through, then their H-Backs put the 'ol wham block on our guys. Antonio Smith seemed to be the recipient of at least two of those & it opened up huge holes for their backs.

Then that Vareen.... that guy can cut laterally like no one I've ever seen before. He's not Peterson, he's not Foster, but that lateral cut... my God!!!
Our ILBs need to shoot the gap quicker, more consistently when they see a combo block. They stood around too long. They are not as strong as Cushing to begin with. Wish we would have gone with Rudd rather than James.
Old 12-12-2012   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
We need a healthy JJo and a healthy Cushing.
Then you can upgrade a couple of positions wherever you please
Old 12-12-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brady failed to convert on 3rd and 6 on the first drive, but the ref called Harris for a bogus PI (at worst) and ticky-tacky (at best).

Welker actually pulled Harris into his body to get the call.
Smart play, but unsportsman-like tactic.

KJ failed to get that fumble.

Then Bradie James got beat on a quick out.
He needed to play that route; there were safety help for all the other routes.
He's just not good enough in pass coverage.
Brady wasn't even looking at Welker that play. I don't like it when guys get calls like that and they were not even on the QB's radar for that play.

In addition, I really don't like refs who throw a flag on a slight bump when the ball is 15 yards over the WR's head and had no chance of getting to it.

I thought the refs did a pretty bad job of making secondary calls that bailed out the Patriots. It didn't decide the game, but it added to the problems. It compounded our own errors. The elite QBs get a huge bump by the refs, because if the pass isn't completed then the refs think there HAD to be a reason why. Out comes the flag, and then they think really quick which guy they can reasonably call it on. Makes me furious.
Old 12-12-2012   #33
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brady failed to convert on 3rd and 6 on the first drive, but the ref called Harris for a bogus PI (at worst) and ticky-tacky (at best).

Welker actually pulled Harris into his body to get the call.
Smart play, but unsportsman-like tactic

KJ failed to get that fumble.

Then Bradie James got beat on a quick out.
He needed to play that route; there were safety help for all the other routes.
He's just not good enough in pass coverage.
Everytime someone lights that little hobbit up like a Christmas tree I look for it on Youtube, warch it repeatedly and laugh like it's Richard Pryor on the Sunset Strip. It's my sincerest hpe that when they come back in January the secondary takes turns seeing who can give him a concussion and the LBs do the same to knowc that smug little grin off Thomasina Brady's girlish face.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #34
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Brady wasn't even looking at Welker that play. I don't like it when guys get calls like that and they were not even on the QB's radar for that play.

In addition, I really don't like refs who throw a flag on a slight bump when the ball is 15 yards over the WR's head and had no chance of getting to it.

I thought the refs did a pretty bad job of making secondary calls that bailed out the Patriots. It didn't decide the game, but it added to the problems. It compounded our own errors. The elite QBs get a huge bump by the refs, because if the pass isn't completed then the refs think there HAD to be a reason why. Out comes the flag, and then they think really quick which guy they can reasonably call it on. Makes me furious.
What makes it even worse is that they didn't call PI on the Pats when their CB clearly got to KMart before the ball arrived in the third quarter. And we needed that 3rd down conversion.

But like I said, I already "knew" way earlier that it wasn't gonna be our night.

Very little has gone right for us; it's like a recurrence of the Packers game unfolding. There's no use crying over spilled milk.

Next opponent, please!
Old 12-12-2012   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Everytime someone lights that little hobbit up like a Christmas tree I look for it on Youtube, warch it repeatedly and laugh like it's Richard Pryor on the Sunset Strip. It's my sincerest hpe that when they come back in January the secondary takes turns seeing who can give him a concussion and the LBs do the same to knowc that smug little grin off Thomasina Brady's girlish face.
You're a violent young man, Dread.

How the hell they didn't let you try out back then, I don't know.

Perhaps you should have come to the athletic department and tackled the AD flying right over his office desk, LOL.
Old 12-12-2012   #36
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59150 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

My roll your eyes moment, and there were plenty, was when Jean got called for OPI when the Pats CB stopped and Jean ran into him...

The on call ref in the booth even said that was a horrible call...

Ah well, time to get the glue factory cranking...They got them some Colts that need to get got...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #37
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59150 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
wait a second, has anybody seen Dread-Head and Terry Tate in the same room together?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
wait a second, has anybody seen Dread-Head and Terry Tate in the same room together?

LOL, that's what I'm talking about.
Old 12-12-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
My roll your eyes moment, and there were plenty, was when Jean got called for OPI when the Pats CB stopped and Jean ran into him...

The on call ref in the booth even said that was a horrible call...

Ah well, time to get the glue factory cranking...They got them some Colts that need to get got...
Yeah, Jean was looking back at the ball the whole time.
The ball was nowhere near in sight.

But honestly, Jean didn't adjust to the ball very well there.
Schaub was throwing it as a fade; Jean had plenty of room on the sideline.
Wish it was AJ there.
Old 12-12-2012   #40
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're a violent young man, Dread.

How the hell they didn't let you try out back then, I don't know.

Perhaps you should have come to the athletic department and tackled the AD flying right over his office desk, LOL.

One word..."Fitzpatrick".
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read