Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2012   #21
BufordTJustice
Rookie

Section: My easy chair at home
Rep Power: 0 BufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respectedBufordTJustice is a quality contributor and well respected
Default One good thing about tonight...

Maybe we can finally get rid of those bandwagoners...

But seriously, check the boards after losing a game. They stand out like sore thumbs.

To all my true fellow Texans fans: Stand strong, support your Texans!

I just got my Texans car decals in the mail today...I'm going outside to put them on right now.
Old 12-10-2012   #22
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One good thing about tonight...

Agreed. It's DEFINITELY OK to be pissed about a game like this.

Just have to realize they have a HUGE chance to get things back in order with a win at home on Sunday.

Let's not lose sight of what's ahead.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #23
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One good thing about losing tonight

Pats play the 9ers next week.

If we beat the Colts and Pats lose I think we'd lock up at least the 2nd seed right? Because we have the tie breaker over the Broncos.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #24
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Pats play the 9ers next week.

If we beat the Colts and Pats lose I think we'd lock up at least the 2nd seed right? Because we have the tie breaker over the Broncos.
We have to beat the Vikings or Colts (last week of the season) to do so. We need two wins to win the division still.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #25
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Maybe we can finally get rid of those bandwagoners...

But seriously, check the boards after losing a game. They stand out like sore thumbs.

To all my true fellow Texans fans: Stand strong, support your Texans!

I just got my Texans car decals in the mail today...I'm going outside to put them on right now.
Actually the bandwagoners leave the boards and disappear. The diehards stick around to either criticize the team or criticize the criticizers.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Actually the bandwagoners leave the boards and disappear. The diehards stick around to either criticize the team or criticize the criticizers.
Hot pink soap will be all the rage on here for the next 5 days.
Old 12-10-2012   #27
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
We have to beat the Vikings or Colts (last week of the season) to do so. We need two wins to win the division still.
Nah, just one of the Colts games. Winning the Vikings game alone won't get us the division but one of the Colts games will.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2012   #28
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's put this in perspective - we're asking the Texans to be 13-0 right now. We should have beat the packers and we should have beat the pats tonite to prove we are for real, right??? Unless we lose to crap teams like the titans and the jags and then beat GB and NE to be 11-2. Either way - we have to be undefeated or lose twice to teams we should beat.

Maybe all we need to do is avoid teams that start with P.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Hot pink soap will be all the rage on here for the next 5 days.
I've been sporting pink soap for several weeks already.
Old 12-10-2012   #30
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Let's put this in perspective - we're asking the Texans to be 13-0 right now. We should have beat the packers and we should have beat the pats tonite to prove we are for real, right??? Unless we lose to crap teams like the titans and the jags and then beat GB and NE to be 11-2. Either way - we have to be undefeated or lose twice to teams we should beat.

Maybe all we need to do is avoid teams that start with P.
Heh...

And you know what? The other "Elite" teams have all dropped some games to some lesser teams.

The Texans so far have not lost a game they shouldn't have. So far the two losses have been blow outs but they have beat every team they should have and some people had them losing to the Ravens and Bears when they came upon those teams.

They are fine where they are at, I'll take it. Just finish off the season with 3 wins and get healthy for the playoffs.
Old 12-10-2012   #31
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

honestly i'd rather get caught slippin and drop games to teams that we should beat from time to time than get destroyed in so called "biggest games in texans history" that we circle on the calendar.

to win a super bowl you're gonna have to most likely go through an elite qb as opposed to chad henne or jake locker.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #32
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we (11-2) beat the Colts (9-4) that would lock up the Division. That would make us 12-2 and the Colts 9-5 with only 2 games left. Thank you, come again.
Old 12-10-2012   #33
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I'm going to let you slide because A) the Horns were terrible this year and B)this is kind of your board...
Old 12-10-2012   #34
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Heh...

And you know what? The other "Elite" teams have all dropped some games to some lesser teams.

The Texans so far have not lost a game they shouldn't have. So far the two losses have been blow outs but they have beat every team they should have and some people had them losing to the Ravens and Bears when they came upon those teams.

They are fine where they are at, I'll take it. Just finish off the season with 3 wins and get healthy for the playoffs.
HOMER!!!! Joking aside, I'm in total agreement here.

I just think more stock is put into these games by national media/most fans because they want answers to questions.

For example, "Are the Texans capable of winning a playoff game against a more experienced team?"

Of course, this game gave us a LITTLE BIT of insight into that. But ultimately, playoff games are played under much different circumstances.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #35
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
HOMER!!!! Joking aside, I'm in total agreement here.

I just think more stock is put into these games by national media/most fans because they want answers to questions.

For example, "Are the Texans capable of winning a playoff game against a more experienced team?"

Of course, this game gave us a LITTLE BIT of insight into that. But ultimately, playoff games are played under much different circumstances.
That's how I feel.

The Texans are past regular season 'Test' games. Just like the Falcons are, the Giants, Packers, etc.

What we say about these teams is decided in January. We are not the little brother Texans again, we've played in big games, we've won big games, now it's about moving forward and getting wins in the post season. That's how Kubes should be judged.
Old 12-11-2012   #36
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I'm going to let you slide because A) the Horns were terrible this year and B)this is kind of your board...
No worries, I am fair game just like anyone else. That said, not sure what you disagree with there.

The bandwagon fans disappear after losses. They don't care enough to come back to this board to say how much Kubiak sucks as a HC or criticize any players. The ones that do that are diehards too. They are just pessimistic diehards or realists depending on your personal view.

You don't have to be a "sunshine pumper" to be a diehard.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Heh...

The Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006. We finished 8-8 that year & beat them in week 16.
Old 12-11-2012   #38
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

The positives about tonight. Well firstly Kubiak has all the material he needs to make sure the players get (and well, him as well) go out and get home field advantage locked up - there is no way after tonight that they want to go anywhere near Foxboro in the playoffs.

If we're clinging to possible future positives, perhaps the players can use the experience tonight as a learning tool for the next matchup. We have a number of players who are good students and will hopefully be formulating their own ideas about how to handle the Pats if we meet them again, as well as the coaches.

After the GB game, this is a sickener - and I'm sure we all thought this kind of result was done for the season, but hey, it happened, the Texans are still a Superbowl contender.

I can understand people being pissed at the moment, but there are going to be more meaningful games for the team this season, regardless of what ESPN is telling everyone.
Old 12-11-2012   #39
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's actually completely wrong. We need one win against the Colts. A win against the Vikings does us no good if we lose both games to the Colts and they win their one remaining non-Texans game.

Last edited by midway; 12-11-2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: tired and angry, typed 'lose' where i mean 'win'
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #40
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
The positives about tonight. Well firstly Kubiak has all the material he needs to make sure the players get (and well, him as well) go out and get home field advantage locked up - there is no way after tonight that they want to go anywhere near Foxboro in the playoffs.

If we're clinging to possible future positives, perhaps the players can use the experience tonight as a learning tool for the next matchup. We have a number of players who are good students and will hopefully be formulating their own ideas about how to handle the Pats if we meet them again, as well as the coaches.

After the GB game, this is a sickener - and I'm sure we all thought this kind of result was done for the season, but hey, it happened, the Texans are still a Superbowl contender.

I can understand people being pissed at the moment, but there are going to be more meaningful games for the team this season, regardless of what ESPN is telling everyone.
Yeah...did the Texans come out and say this was the franchise biggest game? I keep hearing that, I stopped following all the weekly build up since NBA season is back so just wondering.

Would be odd to say since the Ravens playoff game was bigger.

The best thing though is what you said. This wasn't win or go home, not yet. The team lives to fight another day. All I know is if they show up and get whooped by the Patriots again? I'll be looking at the coach.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read