Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2012   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19488 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default One good thing about losing tonight

OK, there's really nothing good about that performance.

But, it does eliminate one actual worry I had, which was that we'd lock up home-field early, and then have several weeks where we're playing for nothing. I think that kind of wait can lead to players getting rusty and undisciplined. Odd as it sounds, if we had 2 games that had no effect followed by a bye week, I don't think we'd be very sharp in the playoffs.

Instead, we are going to be playing 3 games that matter, almost no matter how we do on these games. Even if we win next week, we have Denver and NE to worry about to get a bye, and we have to play to win in the following week. If NE continues their roll (and I don't see why not), winning out is the only way we are likely to get HF advantage. I honestly think we'll do best in the playoffs if we've played all the games hard, and then get one bye week.

All of that seems kind of ridiculous to think about after tonight's performance, but we still control our destiny. Our team is capable of winning out (though not if they play like tonight), and if we do, we have HF advantage in the playoffs. I'd love to have a chance at revenge against the Patriots in Houston.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One good thing about losing tonight

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #3
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad to see both teams play for something meaningful next week.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The only positive I see about this is that maybe it makes the Texans angry enough to go out and rip the Colts and Vikings a pair of new ones and we sew up HFA.

Then if we cross paths with these guys again the Texans will face them at home and if being beaten 42-7 doesn't motivate them enough to man-up in the rematch then nothing will.
Old 12-10-2012   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The only positive I see about this is that maybe it makes the Texans angry enough to go out and rip the Colts and Vikings a pair of new ones and we sew up HFA.

Then if we cross paths with these guys again the Texans will face them at home and if being beaten 42-7 doesn't motivate them enough to man-up in the rematch then nothing will.
Yep like the pats blew out the giants a few years ago
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not like we beat the pats twice. Just reaching......
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #7
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Another good thing is it sets things back to normal in the football world. Brady & Manning are back on top. Packers & Giants in control. The only thing that could make the media happier is if Roethlisberger wins the AFC North & Dallas sneaks into the playoffs. I think the media was scared the Texans might actually be the best team. Now the only way that can happen is the Texans winning the Superbowl.
Old 12-10-2012   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate losing in an ass kicking, but NE played well, had luck on their side, and every ticky tack call, and BS call went their way.

I think our boys getc mad, win out and use the ass kicking at home against NE.

Jump off the wagon if you want, we''re 11 and 2, best record in the AFC last time checked.
Old 12-10-2012   #9
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like flying under the radar. Everyone will dismiss us now and we can start playin better ball going into playoffs.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

One good thing about this game is that I no longer have my hopes up.

I have now accepted that this team is not a SB caliber team so anything positive they do from now on is a bonus.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I'm angry enough right now to beat the Colts and Vikings myself. Click the link to hear the kind of speech the team needs to hear before the next 3 games start. Not for young ears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just not sure if the Texans match up well with the Pats regardless of where we play. I don't think a rematch would be such a blowout, but it feels to me like the Pats exploited some major flaws on our team.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #13
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans need to lose this game to get psyched up again, then that pisses me off.

I know you can't win every week, but I just can't stand this whole "oh, at least they'll be hyped up next week" thing.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
One good thing about this game is that I no longer have my hopes up.

I have now accepted that this team is not a SB caliber team so anything positive they do from now on is a bonus.
You should write Hallmark cards.
Old 12-10-2012   #15
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'm just not sure if the Texans match up well with the Pats regardless of where we play. I don't think a rematch would be such a blowout, but it feels to me like the Pats exploited some major flaws on our team.
Not with our injuries and especially not in NE with the early calls going their way.

I feel better about this game at home.

We need to take care of business and finish up with a 3 game winning streak.

Talk radio is going to be brutal tomorrow. Think I'll just listen to a CD book instead.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think this is like when LBs see Arian for the first time, or Jj Watt for the first time. They heard all the stories, but until you see them you don't believe how fast or how strong they are.

I don't think our team believed they could score that quick on us. Not quite 21 pts in the first qtr, but purtdamnquick.

Then the penalties & the questionable drive-extending calls... I think we lost our composure & didn't regain it until it was too late.
Old 12-10-2012   #17
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
If the Texans need to lose this game to get psyched up again, then that pisses me off.

I know you can't win every week, but I just can't stand this whole "oh, at least they'll be hyped up next week" thing.
I've got to agree with you on that.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Except we got killed. What's the effing morale saving BS saying for that? What kills you can't kill you again, cuz you're already effing dead??? um..woo
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #19
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a good learning experience for us. We have been able to get away with not showing up for a few quarters but still win the game. It's a good reminder of how being unfocused really kills you against a good team.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #20
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Except we got killed. What's the effing morale saving BS saying for that? What kills you can't kill you again, cuz you're already effing dead??? um..woo
Except we are not dead. In fact, the Pats still look up at us in the standings.

We need to learn from our mistakes and move on, we have a very important stretch of games coming up.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read