Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2012   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Offensive Line

I wish JJ Watt could go up against our OL for 16 games.
Old 12-10-2012   #2
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Offensive Line

It might be useful for Kubiak to call a freakin run play that makes Wilfork move more than a foot or so laterally. Seriously he's the dumbest 'offensive genius' I've ever seen at times.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure everyone will point out some great stats after the game that soften how bad this OL is, but right now, in the game, I'm watching them get their asses kicked.
Old 12-10-2012   #4
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Butler going down was a killer. We're on our 3rd or 4th choice RT at this point...and don't get me started on Caldwell being a total bust.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Butler going down was a killer. We're on our 3rd or 4th choice RT at this point...and don't get me started on Caldwell being a total bust.

3rd RT, Butler, Newton, then Harris but honestly I thought Harris was a small step up from Newton who wasn't all that much worse than Butler so it probably amounts to a wash. The truth is we had no real plan for the RT problem created when we kicked Eric Winston to the curb. I'm far from his biggest fan but I've always found it hard to believe that we couldn't have found a way to renegotiate his contract and keep him. He wasn't great but he was better than any of these guys.
Old 12-10-2012   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
3rd RT, Butler, Newton, then Harris but honestly I thought Harris was a small step up from Newton who wasn't all that much worse than Butler so it probably amounts to a wash. The truth is we had no real plan for the RT problem created when we kicked Eric Winston to the curb. I'm far from his biggest fan but I've always found it hard to believe that we couldn't have found a way to renegotiate his contract and keep him. He wasn't great but he was better than any of these guys.
Kubiak had a plan - play Butler.

Old 12-10-2012   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston was a good to very good run blocking OT but not very good pass locker at all. But he was better than anybody we had or have there. That's gonna be
a high priority at the Draft.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read