Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2012   #21
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Underdogs again

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Jus' sayin', before anyone gets butt hurt over the heads picking the Pats over us.
Old 12-09-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_Oki View Post
To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Jus' sayin', before anyone gets butt hurt over the heads picking the Pats over us.
I'm actually enjoying this. I feel better when the heads pick the opponent over us. The only thing that has me feeling "funny" is that Lombardi went against the grain & picked the Texans.
Old 12-09-2012   #23
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

I love that I get to watch the game while I'm at work.

Football season is awesome over hear because I've got the SUnday night game on Monday morning and Monday Night Football on Tuesday. Plus the Thursday night game on Friday morning. My work week moves pretty quick from September to December.
Old 12-09-2012   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I know exactly what we should be able to do to their defense. The question is can we keep up with them? We don't exactly light up the score board for 4 quarters consistently.

I also said we can do it but that its going to be hard.
The Texans are 2nd in the league in scoring. I guess no team lights up the scoreboard "consistently" except the Pats? Some of New Englands big numbers stem from keeping their starters in the game when the outcome is in hand, and running up the score. Kubiak and the Texans prefer to milk clock and use the running game. Doesn't make the Texans any less dominant. This game will be hard for the Pats, as well.
Old 12-09-2012   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans are 2nd in the league in scoring. I guess no team lights up the scoreboard "consistently" except the Pats? Some of New Englands big numbers stem from keeping their starters in the game when the outcome is in hand, and running up the score. Kubiak and the Texans prefer to milk clock and use the running game. Doesn't make the Texans any less dominant. This game will be hard for the Pats, as well.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if you're a Patriot or Texan fan, either side should be worried. This will be a difficult game for both teams.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #26
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

3.5 isnt really that bad, most home teams get 3 anyway. Did you honestly expect us to roll into Foxboro and be favorites?

Lets just go out there and handle business and get back home to recover.
Old 12-09-2012   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I like walkovers much better... or that is, my blood pressure likes walkover games much better
Old 12-09-2012   #28
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

11-1 Underdogs.

Only a team from Houston...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #29
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 657 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Vegas is now issuing a memo for a colder night with snowfall up to one inch.

The lines are now uniform at 3-1/2.

Aren't they the Football god or what? LOL
Unless the cold front moves in much quicker than expected I don't see it getting nearly cold enough to snow. I live 25 miles from the stadium and it was in the low 40's last night at the same time and today and tomorrow are supposed to be warm. I think you and I have chated on Pats talk.

And honestly while I think the snow would give the Pats a major advantage in this game I don't want it. I think this is a great test and I want to see how they do straight up vs the Texans on both offense and defense. I hope it doesn't rain either.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
And honestly while I think the snow would give the Pats a major advantage...
Why? You know how many Texans are from snow states? K-Dub, Jj Watt, & a slew of Texans grew up playing in that stuff.
Old 12-09-2012   #31
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 657 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Why? You know how many Texans are from snow states? K-Dub, Jj Watt, & a slew of Texans grew up playing in that stuff.
The Patriots have an amazing track record in the snow. They blew out Tenn 59-0, an AZ team that went to the SB 49-7 or something close to that and a Bears team that went to the NFCCG 36-7 in Chicago. They just know what works.
Old 12-09-2012   #32
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Patriots have an amazing track record in the snow. They blew out Tenn 59-0, an AZ team that went to the SB 49-7 or something close to that and a Bears team that went to the NFCCG 36-7 in Chicago. They just know what works.
So what. History is history.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #33
Everlong
Rookie

History shows a pattern of success under a given circumstance. Regardless it's not worth the time to debate since it's not going to snow any way.
Old 12-09-2012   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
So what. History is history.
Well from a historical perspective every time the Texans go some place cold pundits state it is an advantage to their opponents. Oddly enough though, the Texans have been very good in cold weather games. Schaub holds the passing yards record in Lambeau Field from a game which was the coldest of the season.
Old 12-09-2012   #35
Everlong
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well from a historical perspective every time the Texans go some place cold pundits state it is an advantage to their opponents. Oddly enough though, the Texans have been very good in cold weather games. Schaub holds the passing yards record in Lambeau Field from a game which was the coldest of the season.
I down played the rain and temps in the 40 as any type of advantage for the Pats because I honestly think there is no advantage. If it were to snow I honestly think there is an advantage. I'm not being a homer. I'm just giving my perspective. As I said I think these teams are dead even and I'd give the home team a slight advantage no matter where the game is. If we play in Houston in the playoffs I think the Texans are the same 3.5 point favorite the Pats are at home.
Old 12-09-2012   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I down played the rain and temps in the 40 as any type of advantage for the Pats because I honestly think there is no advantage. If it were to snow I honestly think there is an advantage. I'm not being a homer. I'm just giving my perspective. As I said I think these teams are dead even and I'd give the home team a slight advantage no matter where the game is. If we play in Houston in the playoffs I think the Texans are the same 3.5 point favorite the Pats are at home.
Heck I would give an edge to the Patriots in the snow or very cold (I don't consider what I have heard as forecasts as very cold). I was just saying people often assume the Texans will be bad in cold weather and it hasn't proven to be the case.
Old 12-09-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
eh.....

I'm pretty sure we're undefeated in the snow.

History & that grain of salt y'know.
Old 12-09-2012   #38
Everlong
Rookie

Quote:
Heck I would give an edge to the Patriots in the snow or very cold (I don't consider what I have heard as forecasts as very cold). I was just saying people often assume the Texans will be bad in cold weather and it hasn't proven to be the case.
I agree it's a bad assumption. Some warm weather teams don't travel well that's a fact but thinking it's always true is stupid. It was about the same temp in Chicago. The difference was that grass field vs the field turf at Gillette. It will still be a fast track even with a little rain.
Old 12-09-2012   #39
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why? The cold would nullify the advantage that is Tom Brady and Houston is built to run the ball and play defense. I would think the snow/cold would be a huge advantage for the Texans in this game.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board, Everlong.

No matter what, I do feel like the Pats have an advantage if the game is play under a good snow like that Cardinals game.

The Cards looked very slow like they were stuck in mud or something.

Anyhow, here's to a good game and may the best team win.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read