Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2012   #21
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 14 NFL Wraparound Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Which is why he's clearly the DPOY! But in my position, you have to offer up a possible solution.. I can't just say "Well, honestly you (my right tackle) will get beat like a drum today and you (my running back) will look like a complete and utter failure and you (my offensive coordinator) better not call any run plays or pass plays to his side because this guy is just flat out better than him (points again at my right tackle).
And your solution is not going to work. We've seen teams try that which is one of the reasons he leads the league in TFL. Instead of defending your position you would be much better served to listen to some of the guys here that know football. They are right and you are wrong. The only way to slow Watt down is to double team him and maybe even chip him after that. Everybody focuses on his numbers and misses what makes him amazing, which is his technique. Watt is kind of like Mario Williams + Dwight Freeney with a little bit of Cushing. Most DLmen can get into you with either a power or a speed move. The elite linemen can get into you and push you or go around you with both power and speed move, and then there is JJ Watt. He can litteraly change from power to speed or speed to power while in the move. See the Titans game when he bull rushes the guard, Johnson takes the ball and he disengages the guard while swimming past the tackle and hitting johnson for a 3 yard loss. You can't defend that, you just have to try to put enough people in his way that you get time to run.

Quote:
But as you mentioned before, the Playbook guys have a staff of 70 and I have a staff of 1. It doesn't make me look clueless, it makes my statements much more efficient because of the time it would take them to show and explain in a 15 min segment, I only have 8 words to make the same point. And I also have to explain from both ends, you just can't assume that everyone 'knows' football..
No. He is talking about research. You don't have enough people on your staff to do research. You would do well to find a few people and talk to them about each team and upcoming matchups instead of trying to do this all by yourself, just saying. Your analysis of Watt is the perfect example of why. In the generic sense you are correct and you might even get most people to buy into it but anyone who spends time watching Watt knows that what you're proposing won't slow him down, he is revolutionizing the position.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 14 NFL Wraparound Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

No. He is talking about research. You don't have enough people on your staff to do research. You would do well to find a few people and talk to them about each team and upcoming matchups instead of trying to do this all by yourself, just saying. Your analysis of Watt is the perfect example of why. In the generic sense you are correct and you might even get most people to buy into it but anyone who spends time watching Watt knows that what you're proposing won't slow him down, he is revolutionizing the position.

Mike
Exactly. Not meaning to be derogatory em, just trying to help.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read