Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2012   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Good for you, I had a good evenly laugh.
I love Karen, too; but you can have her.

Well, not really, it wouldn't be fair to her, right?
Never mind, Demi Moore is on the phone wanting to take me dancing to Reggae. She can't sing but she doesn't have to.
Old 12-06-2012   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Never mind, Demi Moore is on the phone wanting to take me dancing to Reggae. She can't sing but she doesn't have to.
I laugh so freaking hard I choke myself, hahhaha
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #23
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brandon Brooks

Didn't see this mentioned or posted anywhere. Looks like Brooks could be the starting RG this season. It's good to see he's stepping up. http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...c-3159f69e3367
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #24
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Didn't see this mentioned or posted anywhere. Looks like Brooks could be the starting RG this season. It's good to see he's stepping up. http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...c-3159f69e3367
He's been in that role since day one of OTAs.

Beastly.

He's the guy that when they have open training camps, fans will be all whoaaaaaa.

Just beastly. Pictures don't do it justice.
Old 05-29-2013   #25
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Barring injury, I think Brooks will be a stud at RG next season. The big question is what will happen at RT, the injury to Newton has me very concerned.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #26
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

He's the most important development on the team. When you think about the problems that stalled the offense in the second half of last season, he is the biggest piece of the solution.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
He's the most important development on the team. When you think about the problems that stalled the offense in the second half of last season, he is the biggest piece of the solution.
There's still the little problem at RT. Newton and the draft pick Williams injured and sitting out OTAs. Harris, Gardner, and a 6th round pick getting the reps. And I've got the most hope in the 6th round pick. Scary.
Old 05-29-2013   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope quess wins the RT spot. I think he'll end up being the best one for that position in the long run.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Harris, Gardner, and a 6th round pick getting the reps.
You will very rarely hear me bad mouth a player.

I don't "know" these guys. They all work harder than I do at this game. They are all more athletic than I am. They are the ones getting their heads smashed in for my entertainment.

But that Gardner guy... I come close to losing my religion last season because of him.
Old 05-29-2013   #30
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's still the little problem at RT. Newton and the draft pick Williams injured and sitting out OTAs. Harris, Gardner, and a 6th round pick getting the reps. And I've got the most hope in the 6th round pick. Scary.
I don't want to get into a whole thing about the veracity of the Texans vis-a-vis injuries, but Kubiak said he "hoped" to get Brennan Williams back sometime in week 4 of OTA's. Obviously if that happens, he should also be available for the mandatory mini-camp.

Let's hope he gets back soon and we get some competition at RT between the Rookies. I honestly feel like any upgrade at that position will come from one of them, or (maybe) a healthy Newton. I don't see either Harris or Gardner as a potential upgrade to that position over 2012.
Old 05-29-2013   #31
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Between Quess, B. Williams, Harris & Newt they should be able to find a reliable starting RT who can stay healthy and consistantly play well because they've got 3 months to do it.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I hope quess wins the RT spot. I think he'll end up being the best one for that position in the long run.
If Quiz gets the RT job, I'll be "okay" with Brooks starting at RG. I'd really like to see Brooks at LG & Ben Jones at RG. But with a rookie at RT we need all the experience we can get.
Old 05-29-2013   #33
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Between Quess, B. Williams, Harris & Newt they should be able to find a reliable starting RT who can stay healthy and consistantly play well because they've got 3 months to do it.
They should? Yes, Newton and Williams will have more time to heal between now and camp. Doesn't mean they will be healed or will stay healthy. Harris is what he is. And he has had back problems in the past. I think many think the Texans found nice value in the 6th round with Quessenberry. But it's crazy to assume he will be ready to be the starter come opening day. This is easily the biggest concern coming out of these OTAs.
Old 05-30-2013   #34
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You will very rarely hear me bad mouth a player.

I don't "know" these guys. They all work harder than I do at this game. They are all more athletic than I am. They are the ones getting their heads smashed in for my entertainment.

But that Gardner guy... I come close to losing my religion last season because of him.
Old 05-30-2013   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
They should? Yes, Newton and Williams will have more time to heal between now and camp. Doesn't mean they will be healed or will stay healthy. Harris is what he is. And he has had back problems in the past. I think many think the Texans found nice value in the 6th round with Quessenberry. But it's crazy to assume he will be ready to be the starter come opening day. This is easily the biggest concern coming out of these OTAs.
Harris is underrated.
To me, he was the better RT last year.
Don't want to count on him being healthy long-term though.
Old 05-30-2013   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Harris is underrated.
It's a promising sign that given a year after his back surgery, he was able to play in 16 games last year. You would have to consider that a successful surgery, something that is not necessarily the norm.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #37
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It's a promising sign that given a year after his back surgery, he was able to play in 16 games last year. You would have to consider that a successful surgery, something that is not necessarily the norm.
Has the percentage of successful back surgeries improved any over the last 5 to 10 years? I know that's a broad question, but I know of a number of people who've had back surgery/surgeries in years past that are in bad shape, and they don't even play football. I would have to think that someone playing pro football would have even a lower percentage chance of full recovery and playing again.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #38
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Harris is underrated.
Agree, I think he was clearly better. Hope he holds up.

Quote:
Good to hear, thanks Doc.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #39
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really pumped about this, you expect linear improvement from young players but here we have a guy who got his ass chewed a little this time last year for being a fat barsteward and nowhere near NFL shape, had marginal impact through his rookie season, and has reported back in the shape they wanted him to be, and is getting smoke blown up his arse from every angle by those who are watching him play.

That is exactly what we need if we are to continue to improve, and I think the line looks good for the future.

Now, given Schaubs Age/Health/Ability, you have to think this gives him a great chance to make the most of what he has left in the tank over the next few years (possibly), whilst seeing good young players looking promising gives me hope that when we do inevitably make a change at QB, whoever comes in won't have the issue of poor line-play hampering their development.

I get the impression while we've failed to spend high picks on a QB, should one of either Keenum/Yates not vie for the starting position, any rookie coming in is going to have a quality young line, and a set of exciting young receivers to target, and a good running game at their disposal.

The last couple of years have begun to really show me that Smithiak are in this for the long haul. A lot of great guys have been and gone during the turnaround but while you may like to have a DeMeco, Winston etc still on the team, the overall quality/future potential of the roster, I believe, is at an all time high.

I'm also seeing nothing but great things about this current draft class, as well as the last seemingly offering starters all over the field with continued development, only complacency will stop this team from being a force for years to come I feel.

No more Frank Okams and non-effort guys, all seem to have fixable flaws and a coachable work-ethic. Great scouting and good team management.

I'm happy in May. Got the feeling things are gaining momentum. I'm also deliriously tired which may be adding to the extremely positive emotions pulsating through this post.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Harris is underrated.
Agree, I think he was clearly better. Hope he holds up.
So maybe the rotation was just as much about easing Harris back into the game as it was protecting Derek Newton.

That Kubiak...... crazy like a fox.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read