Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-14-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans roster moves

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Texans cut RB Chad Spann, RB Ray Graham, CB Loyce Means, TE Phillip Supernaw, DB Steven Terrell, WR Rico Richardson
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #2
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans roster moves

Only surprising one to me is Graham. I thought he would at least make it to camp.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Only surprising one to me is Graham. I thought he would at least make it to camp.
Too many RBs on the roster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #4
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

No not Uncle Rico!!
Old 05-14-2014   #5
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Too many RBs on the roster.
The problem is three of them are injury prone. If we can keep Arian Foster, Andre Brown and Alfred Blue healthy we should have a top five rushing offense in 2014. That would help our unknown quarterback situation a lot. A strong running game and dominating defense would net us an 11-5 or 10-6 record and an AFC wild-card berth regardless of our quarterback play. Assuming it's not so horrible a la Matt Schaub and his pick six burgers last year. All we need is a game manager. Which I believe Tom Savage and Ryan Fitzpatrick can do. Even Case Keenum if he's not asked to throw it a ton.
Old 05-14-2014   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
The problem is three of them are injury prone. If we can keep Arian Foster, Andre Brown and Alfred Blue healthy we should have a top five rushing offense in 2014. That would help our unknown quarterback situation a lot. A strong running game and dominating defense would net us an 11-5 or 10-6 record and an AFC wild-card berth regardless of our quarterback play. Assuming it's not so horrible a la Matt Schaub and his pick six burgers last year. All we need is a game manager. Which I believe Tom Savage and Ryan Fitzpatrick can do. Even Case Keenum if he's not asked to throw it a ton.
True, but we're not gonna cut our top 3, are we?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

surprised about supernaw, i figured he'd at worst be a helpful camp body at the tightend and fullback positions. i wouldnt have penciled him as part of the 53, but would've kept him to or through the first cut.
Old 05-14-2014   #8
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Agreed.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #9
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We've had running backs named Green and Brown and now Blue. Colorful running game (except in the red zone.)
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
surprised about supernaw, i figured he'd at worst be a helpful camp body at the tightend and fullback positions. i wouldnt have penciled him as part of the 53, but would've kept him to or through the first cut.
I was hopeful of Supernaw developing well. However, when he suffered a stress fracture of an unidentified bone of his foot, the prognosis was not able to be determined.........much like the question that I have of Ques, who we don't know what fracture of the foot he sustained.........a favorable prognosis break like a Jones fracture, or another type that would lead to chronic problems and/or susceptible to re-fracture in a big man (like Yao Ming)
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #11
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
We've had running backs named Green and Brown and now Blue. Colorful running game (except in the red zone.)
Maybe all those colors will "Foster" in a new era...
Old 05-14-2014   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Enough with the puns already.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I was hopeful of Supernaw developing well. However, when he suffered a stress fracture of an unidentified bone of his foot, the prognosis was not able to be determined.........much like the question that I have of Ques, who we don't know what fracture of the foot he sustained.........a favorable prognosis break like a Jones fracture, or another type that would lead to chronic problems and/or susceptible to re-fracture in a big man (like Yao Ming)
As big a part as TEs are going to be to our offense, I didn't expect this either.

However, I can see why they decided to go this way, next to Whitney he's the only player with a name more bad ass than our QBs...
Old 05-14-2014   #14
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Enough with the puns already.

Making you Blue?
Old 05-14-2014   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Making you Blue?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #16
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

So we are down to 84 players now? Let the trimming commence!
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I cannot believe you said that! Look what happened to me." signed A J McCarron.
Old 05-14-2014   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 57152 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
"I cannot believe you said that! Look what happened to me." signed A J McCarron.
TK is gonna totally neg rep yo azz!!!! LMAO!!!!
Old 05-14-2014   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

time to trim a little more of that fat big boy
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
TK is gonna totally neg rep yo azz!!!! LMAO!!!!
Nah, he knows I was a fan of McCarron before TK was. I have posted that being a game manager is not necessarily a bad thing especially for this team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read