Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2012   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Network Playbook AFC

Anyone else watching? I dont know when they tape the show (tonite, Friday is the first airing) but Sterling Sharpe just said Brice McCain needs to "step up", "play big" and "will have his hands full" as the nickel corner against New England. WTF?????

And Sterling, Donovan McNabb and Brian Baldinger all picked the Pats.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL Network Playbook AFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
And Sterling, Donovan McNabb and Brian Baldinger all picked the Pats.
Makes me feel better.
Old 12-07-2012   #3
TexansRule1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Playbook used to have some OK analysis last year. This year their analysis is very superficial. It's just terrible...why even bother to air a program. Occasionally, they get good input from Brian Billick, but he is not a regular.

For me, NFL Matchup with Ron Jaworski is the best program out there.
TexansRule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansRule1 View Post
Playbook used to have some OK analysis last year. This year their analysis is very superficial. It's just terrible...why even bother to air a program. Occasionally, they get good input from Brian Billick, but he is not a regular.

For me, NFL Matchup with Ron Jaworski is the best program out there.
That's interesting, because I can't stand Jaws.

I think the guys on play-book do a pretty good job. I don't watch it much any more don't have the time. But I do DvR it & catch the Texans part of the show nearly every week.

McNabb made a good point about our LBs looking lost in pass coverage. I've said so many times. Most of the guys who share their analysis have said so as well. Our LBs aren't very good at pass coverage. I think Cushing was the best, but that's not really saying much.

Rudd intrigues me. I'd like to see him get more snaps because he "appears" to get it. If he can truly cover a zone, it would expand what Wade can do a lot more.

But TEs & Fullbacks generally kill us because our LBs don't understand pass coverages.
Old 12-08-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Baldie talked about the Pats run at the teeth of the Dolphins defense while they have a hat on a hat; that's not the teeth of the D.

Then he talked about how they ran for 2 yards, but he didn't mention that they were stuffed 4 times after that play and had to settle for a FG, LOL.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
That's interesting, because I can't stand Jaws.

I think the guys on play-book do a pretty good job. I don't watch it much any more don't have the time. But I do DvR it & catch the Texans part of the show nearly every week.

McNabb made a good point about our LBs looking lost in pass coverage. I've said so many times. Most of the guys who share their analysis have said so as well. Our LBs aren't very good at pass coverage. I think Cushing was the best, but that's not really saying much.

Rudd intrigues me. I'd like to see him get more snaps because he "appears" to get it. If he can truly cover a zone, it would expand what Wade can do a lot more.

But TEs & Fullbacks generally kill us because our LBs don't understand pass coverages.
Our LBs have played much better of late in both phases.

The Pats don't have the Gronk.
In all reality, we should have the advantage.

Brady won't have as much time as he often does.
He's still very dangerous, but if we can limit the play like we should, I think we match up very well with them, seeing how their line has seen health issues at least as much as ours.
Old 12-08-2012   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Another thing is that one of their RBs, Bolden, just comes back from a 4-game suspension for PED.

Not even sure if he's going to play; even if he does, he will probably be a little rusty.

On the other hand, Tate has had the chance to knock the rust out.

Our O-line is healthier than theirs, with Ben Jones improving week by week and Brandon Brooks showing some nastiness.

Watt should be able to take advantage of their RT Vollmer, who's been bothered by his back.

Their two guards are young and unproven.
Watt had "for the most part" dominated Cannon in the Rose Bowl a few years back, unless they double-teamed him.

Watt has become a monster since then.
I expect another good showing from 99; let's hope the weather doesn't turn too nasty.
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Our LBs have played much better of late in both phases.
eh....

I don't really care to debate the merits of McNabb's analysis. Just pointing out he made an astute observation that I agree with. Then he demonstrated that weakness with video evidence from our most recent games.
Old 12-08-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
eh....

I don't really care to debate the merits of McNabb's analysis. Just pointing out he made an astute observation that I agree with. Then he demonstrated that weakness with video evidence from our most recent games.
I didn't see that part.
Do you have a link?
Old 12-08-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I didn't see that part.
Do you have a link?
To my DvR?

No.
Old 12-08-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To my DvR?

No.
Which game(s) were you talking about?

The one that Sharpton missed his coverage near the endzone that allowed an easy TD?
Old 12-08-2012   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

The one that Sharpton missed his coverage near the endzone that allowed an easy TD?
He showed clips from the Titans game, the Lions game, & the Broncos game I think.
Old 12-08-2012   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

They showed Mia running the ball vs the Pats D. In 2 of the 3 plays they showed Bush with wide open cut back lanes instead calling Bush's indecisiveness great run D by the Patriots... Lol.

The point they did make that was correct imo... Was showing judt how incompitent our LBs are in coverage.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He showed clips from the Titans game, the Lions game, & the Broncos game I think.
I just finished rewatched the Jags and Lions games.
Sure, there were a few plays, like the Sharpton's mishap that I mentioned.
It was his first game back.

The other "subpar" plays weren't disastrous when looking at the whole bodywork.

They made a ton of play, too.

I will rewatch the Titans game; but really, do I need to?

IMHO, this is the best our ILBs as a group, has shown.
Old 12-08-2012   #15
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1st play: Dobbins giving up a reception to Bills' TE Chandler.
2nd play: Sharpton & Ruud vs Lions on crossing patterns looking a little lost.

Mcnabb is cherry picking.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
They showed Mia running the ball vs the Pats D. In 2 of the 3 plays they showed Bush with wide open cut back lanes instead calling Bush's indecisiveness great run D by the Patriots... Lol.

The point they did make that was correct imo... Was showing judt how incompitent our LBs are in coverage.
Do you have a link?
Old 12-08-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
1st play: Dobbins giving up a reception to Bills' TE Chandler.
2nd play: Sharpton & Ruud vs Lions on crossing patterns looking a little lost.

Mcnabb is cherry picking.
Definitely cherry picking!
Old 12-08-2012   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you have a link?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook

I used my DVR.. Seems to be diff.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks, I'll check it out later.
Got to run now.
Old 12-08-2012   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The video doesn't start for me for some reason. Probably some stupid setting in IE I don't have the energy to find right now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read