Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default History of the Texans. Good video

Havent seen this posted. Thought this was a very good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu0UBVK2hOM

A lot of great historic clips that you might not find otherwise about when we discovered the NFL was finally coming back to houston. And my favorite part is the unveiling of the texans logo and team name.
Old 11-26-2012   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: History of the Texans. Good video

That was interesting watching the old newcasts after they announced Houston getting the 32nd team. Thanks for posting.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #3
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great video! It gave me goosebumps and my eyes teared a bit. So many years watching this team knowing that one day they will be as formidable as they are today. Its a beautiful thing!
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Enjoyed that. Rep.

Bit surprised my biggest chill bumps came with TJ Yates coming off the bench and getting it done.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait to watch it when I get home from work.

But I think the history of the team can be summed up pretty easily:

Sept. 8, 2002 -

Sept. 15, 2002 through 2010 -

2011 through the present -

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

All that early footage of the Texans playing the tacks but nothing of the game that really mattered. 19-10 over the "girls" in their 1st game! How could they miss that? Anyway, I enjoyed the rest. It's been a long bumpy road with a lot of ups and downs. Just hope we can get a few of these real soon!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #7
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen this video before, and left the following as a comment on the comment feed:

Quote:
This video could have been a little better. I like how you focus on the pre texans era, however you could have included more than just the 2011 season. What about the first game in history that includes a win over the Cowboys? The drafting of Carr, the firing of Capers, Kubiak coming in, drafting Williams, letting go of Carr and trading for Schaub, and the first MNF game is another one. Those moment could have made this History of the Texans video a lot better. I liked it though.
Still agree with what I said when I first saw the video.

I can't wait for a professional history of the Texans video from NFL Films or something like that. That would be awesome!

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2012   #8
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

someone copy & pasted a bunch of youtube videos together. there is no organization to the video. the timeline goes like this

2011 defense - 1999 team announcement - 2000 logo unveiling - arian foster nfl video - 2011 highlights..

seem to have missed much of the terrible years, there was a few david carr lowlights scattered in there..
Old 11-26-2012   #9
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I've seen this video before, and left the following as a comment on the comment feed:

I can't wait for a professional history of the Texans video from NFL Films or something like that. That would be awesome!
agree with your comments.

I liked the vid, but I didn't like to see the injuries to AJ, MS and the train wreck of Jacoby vs. the Ravens.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still liked it, but yeah, way too much missing.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

I'm pretty sure they'll do one after this season. It will most likely focus on this season alone, but there'll be a lot of information about our short 10 year history.
Old 11-27-2012   #12
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans are more than just "an NFL expansion team." On a bigger scale, this team is more than that.

The NHL over-expanded, so there likely won't be any new hockey teams. The NFL may have some teams move, but, there likely won't be any "new" NFL teams (other than possibly being re-named). Major League Baseball has given no indication of expansion, and, in fact, has admitted that they expanded too much in the 90s. The NBA likely won't expand. Major NBA cities like Seattle will likely just steal a team from another city that doesn't really need a team (cough, cough, New Orleans?).

The Texans are likely the last new team in major league sports in the United States. Yes, teams will move, re-brand, re-name and whatnot; but, we likely won't see a brand new team started in the U.S.

San Diego will likely lose its team; but even if they do, another team will likely be shipped into San Diego eventually. Don't see a new team being created from scratch in any major NFL markets in the United States.

We're it. That's a big deal.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

seen it they pretty much skip over our entire Capers Era
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #14
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This video could have been a little better. I like how you focus on the pre texans era, however you could have included more than just the 2011 season. What about the first game in history that includes a win over the Cowboys? The drafting of Carr, the firing of Capers, Kubiak coming in, drafting Williams, letting go of Carr and trading for Schaub, and the first MNF game is another one. Those moment could have made this History of the Texans video a lot better. I liked it though.
Pretty much summed it up, but it was still great to see the old newscast
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Pretty much summed it up, but it was still great to see the old newscast
Thanks.

When I saw this video, I almost posted it upon first watch, but after watching I felt just like...meh.

That being said, it is probably one of the best Texans history related video on Youtube, and that's sad.

We need something better! So I can smile.

Old 12-04-2012   #16
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Just wanted to bring up to anyone who would like to have a good debate, a Cowboy fan has replied to my comment on the video discrediting our first victory due to their two victories over us.

If y'all are up to it, go ahead and respond to his comment. I already got him.

Quote:
Yes your first win over my Cowboys by 9 points. Cute. 2006 Houston Texans 6 Dallas Cowboys 34. 2010. Dallas Cowboys 27 Houston Texans 13. Is it just me or did we blew yall out more then 14 points. Wow that is way more then 9 points. I am looking forward to 2014 against yall. I am not gonna be of those Cowboys Fans and say we got 5 rings cause that is old and don't mean **** in this era. But those 2 big wins on yall does. I want yalls best no injuries so no excuses. It will be another big again.
This is what he said.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read