Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-08-2005   #1
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss
Default Top 50: Manning tops list of the NFL's best

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7423842
they can not be serious about this list! only one texan!!!and at the bottom!!!! :brickwall B.S. flag comming up.

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

eh, that seems about right to me.

I mean.. I dont like it, and I know we have players that are potentially better than alot of the guys on that list.. BUT.. they havent proved it yet.

Johnson deserves to be on there.. and I would.. at this point.. rate him below Harrison, Owens, Moss, and Chad Johnson.. but he will start to eclipse them soon.

Dunta could be on there.. but he is still young and only had one good season.. he will have to keep it up for a couple more before he is considered one of the best in the league. he is only POTENTIALLY one of the best in the league now.

DD is great.. but not even considered to be one of the top ten RBs in the league right now.. and rightfully so.. he has yet to put up a full season.

Carr has loads of potential but has not yet had the opportunity to flaunt it.. hopefullythat will change this season.

Our pass rush has sucked since our inception, so dont expect anyone from our defensive front 7 to make the list.. no matter what their potential is.. that could change though.

really.. I dont see anyone other than Johnson that should be considered top 50 AT THIS POINT.. but I see that changing soon.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, this list is from June 2004.
Old 06-09-2005   #4
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I must admit it was interesting to see the reponse from Grid as he sees the team today even though the list is a year old. The post has an intriging phsychological twist to it. Does anyone have the new list?
Old 06-09-2005   #5
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Dude, this list is from June 2004.
Correct... the 2005 list is here.

Interesting lead-in about Brady. I didn't know his passer rating is 30 points higher than his average when the Patriots are trailing, but that's exactly the kind of thing that makes him so good.
Old 06-09-2005   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the only Texan:

Quote:
38. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans: We put him in the top 50 last year, and that opened some eyes. Are there any doubters now?
Old 06-09-2005   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think we'll see DRob make his way onto that list in the next couple of seasons. He's definately got the skills and mindset of a top flight CB.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2005   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't agree with Portis & Bailey both being rated so high. Dunta Robinson is better than Bailey & Portis was a product of a system (much like Brady) but when have their teams won anything? This ***** is also missing the best TE in the game Alge Crumpler what the Texans would'nt give to get him......I remember talking about him breaking out during the season then the Falcons quickly moved to tie him up long term :brickwall
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Dunta will be considered a top 25 player next time around. Jeremy Shockey at #33? Get out of New York & watch a game once in awhile.
Old 06-09-2005   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you'd almost have to see every team play every game to determine a truthful "Top 50" player list.

You can't deem that from a few MNF games a year or a Fox game.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Definitely wasn't feeling shockey being rated above AJ. That's nonsense.

Bailey is still the best CB in the NFL. He plays more man to man than anyone. Portis well the jury is still out on him but I think he was pretty decent considering how BAD the O was in dc.

Not sure how Brady isn't #1 here though. I mean what was the thing that put Peyton over Brady here Manning's contract?

The top 7 were accurate beyond that it gets a bit shaky.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read