Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hypothetical Question?

If Phillips moves on to head coach? (Knock on wood) If Rex Ryan is fired. Is Rex to big personality for Kub here? I still think Rex is a great DC.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #2
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hypothetical Question?

Um. Why did you post this? Did you just want to stand out? WTF? This is about 3 months too early.

I know that 2 years ago and before it was acceptable to have discussions like this in the regular season but when you're 11-1 you DON'T talk about this kind of stuff.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Their secondary schemes are vastly different ... Wade runs signifantly more man where Rexy plays a lot more zone. Not so sure the Texans current DB's fit well into that scheme.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #4
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Um. Why did you post this? Did you just want to stand out? WTF? This is about 3 months too early.

I know that 2 years ago and before it was acceptable to have discussions like this in the regular season but when you're 11-1 you DON'T talk about this kind of stuff.

Mike
No I don't want to stand out.
When you're 11-1 teams come a calling for your personal & coaches just because we don't talk about doesn't mean it don't happen.
It came up this weekend during the game and a buddy threw it out. Looking at the NFL landscape there will be a lot of head coaching jobs available. We all know Wade wants to be a Head Coach again.
Old 12-03-2012   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Their secondary schemes are vastly different ... Wade runs signifantly more man where Rexy plays a lot more zone. Not so sure the Texans current DB's fit well into that scheme.
Thanks i did not know this.
Old 12-05-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

Mike
It is a perfectly logical question. Throw some salt over your shoulder, avoid mirrors and black cats and allow others to post without your superstition.

To OP: I posted question a few weeks ago about Phillips maybe being offered a HC position after such as highly successful season and he will be offered. Many think Wade has come home to roost but he has said he thinks he can still be a HC. I am hoping McNair and Smith have a plan. I am not a Ryans fan.
Old 12-05-2012   #7
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
If Phillips moves on to head coach? (Knock on wood) If Rex Ryan is fired. Is Rex to big personality for Kub here? I still think Rex is a great DC.
Rex may be a great DC, but the 3-4 he runs is extremely different than the one Wade runs.

Wade runs more of a hybrid 3-4 with 1 gaps. He expects the 3 downlineman to shoot the gaps. He uses man coverage nd expects his front 7 to harass the QB or upset the QB's timing.

Rex plays more a traditional massive space eating NG and relies on being a stout run stopping team. His DEs tend to be bigger and are primarily responsible for the clogging the lanes and batting down balls. Rex uses pressure from his LBs(all 4) and uses exotic schemes such as overloading one side or using multiple DB blitzes with LB dropping into coverage. Rex plays a ton of zone and typically excells when he can use a CB to completely cut off part of the field, like Revis. This allows him to send additional help to CB2 in the form of S1, S2, or a dropping ILB.

I don't think the players in the current scheme would fit the Rex Defense as well. For one, there isn't a space eating NG. Watt would be asked to focus on the run and not rush the QB as much, so he may be wasted in that scheme.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2012   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-05-2012   #9
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Rex and his loud mouth would ever be welcome here

I also don't think Wade will be a HC ever again

If for some reason WADE leaves, I would consider Vance Joseph as DC, the way he has transformed our younger secondary players speaks volumes to me, he was just as successful in San Fran too
Old 12-05-2012   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The only DBs we've got that are suited to man over zone are Jjo & McCain. Harris & Kj are more zone corners, I think.
Old 12-06-2012   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The only DBs we've got that are suited to man over zone are Jjo & McCain. Harris & Kj are more zone corners, I think.
I think with game experience both KJ and Harris will be better at man.
Old 12-06-2012   #13
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

For what it's worth, I heard J&R interview Phillips earlier this week and it sounds like he is going to stay here. He pretty much told them he isn't going anywhere unless they (Texans organization) get rid of him.

Last edited by Perki-Perk; 12-06-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: clarity
Perki-Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #14
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
For what it's worth, I heard J&R interview Phillips earlier this week and it sounds like he is going to stay here. He pretty much told them he isn't going anywhere unless they (Texans organization) get rid of him.
Thats good to hear, he should just be our Dick Lebeau and be happy about it
Old 12-06-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
If that's true then I am a very happy person.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If that's true then I am a very happy person.
I heard the interview and my interpretation was he would have to be offered something he considered an ideal situation. Stated a definite preference to stay in Texas.
Old 12-06-2012   #17
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Exactly, Why even bring this up now -___-
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rex Ryan is disgustingly unlikeable. He's also not anywhere near the type of person McNair and Smith bring in.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, there is that shoe repair place on Westheimer.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Up & coming Defensive coordinators, who's out there?

Any DC candidates with ties to Houston?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read