Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Suh points, laughs at concussed tackle

gtexan02

Working?
The Indianapolis Star reported that Suh and his teammates were seen pointing at, laughing and dancing over the Colts' Winston Justice after the Lions' defensive tackle knocked down the Indianapolis offensive tackle after cornerback Don Carey intercepted Andrew Luck in the fourt quarter of Detroit's loss. Justice suffered a concussion on the play.

The scene infuriated Colts right tackle Mike McGlynn, who according to the Star was seen confronting Suh after Luck's game-winning touchdown pass to Donnie Avery with no time remaining.

"Totally ignorant on their part Just childish stuff," McGlynn told the newspaper. "We're all battling out there; I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They're good players, but there's no room for that. It's disgusting, really."

McGlynn said players on the Colts would never act that way if a player on the Lions was hurt on a play.

"If that had happened to one of their players, we'd never do something like that. But that's what makes (the Colts' win) even sweeter. That's why they lose. I hope they never win another game," he told the newspaper.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...olts-calls-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-antics

Anyone know of a video of this? I sure would like to see it. It would be even better if he was Mic'd Up for that game, maybe then the league can suspend him for a few more games.

Even though I'd like to get more distance from the Colts, this makes me even more glad to watch Andrew Luck running past the pursuing Suh for a long gain on the game-winning drive that led to Suh's Lions choking yet again. And Suh's lack of containment on Luck played a big role in it. Love that part!

Is Suh even a good player anymore?? His first year with 10 sacks was good for a rookie but his last 2 season he hasn't even been top 50 at his position. His job is to get pressure on the qb and stop the run.

Last year he tallied 4 sacks and 26 tackles in 14 games. no ff or int.

This year 5.5 sacks and 21 tackles. no ff or int.

He has been pretty bad for 2 seasons. I guess that's why he tries to take out other players because he can't get the job done.

I personally feel he should switch to nose guard. He's strong enough to blow up the center every play.

Last edited:
Is Suh even a good player anymore?? His first year with 10 sacks was good for a rookie but his last 2 season he hasn't even been top 50 at his position. His job is to get pressure on the qb and stop the run.

He has been pretty bad for 2 seasons. I guess that's why he tries to take out other players because he can't get the job done.

5.5 sacks isn't bad for a DT. Suh is good, but he's the dirtiest player in the league. I hated to see the Colts beat the Lions on the last play, but after reading about this I'm not too upset about it. Suh is a POS.

Ya it's not that bad but theres plenty of guys putting up better numbers without all dirty stuff on the side. People always put him in their top 5 dts but I don't even consider him the best of that draft. Check out Geno Atkins in Cinci who was picked 210th that draft.

I personally feel he should switch to nose guard. He's strong enough to blow up the center every play.

He may be distracted with all the dirty player talk. Instead of just playing his game, he's thinking about stupid crap.

He's certainly building himself a nice, fat bank account of karma....that's for sure.

I can't wait until he makes a withdrawal on that account.

He needs to be humbled in a big, big way.

Wonder if the league will take any action on this...?
Probably not since there's no rule against laughing.
...then again, maybe they'll consider this under the no taunting rule

He's certainly building himself a nice, fat bank account of karma....that's for sure.

Maybe the Iron Sheik can humble him. Old Country Way.

Wonder if the league will take any action on this...?
Probably not since there's no rule against laughing.
...then again, maybe they'll consider this under the no taunting rule

But is there a mechanism for fining someone for taunting? I thought the sole remedy for that is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, IF the official sees it and decides to throw the flag.

I'm not sure there's an offense to fine here. But it solidifies his reputation as a punk.

Ya it's not that bad but theres plenty of guys putting up better numbers without all dirty stuff on the side. People always put him in their top 5 dts but I don't even consider him the best of that draft. Check out Geno Atkins in Cinci who was picked 210th that draft.

THIS. Atkins is a monster, and never does any of this crap. He is a football player, plain and simple. You can be tough without chicken **** dirty play.

I think the league has broad latitude to define a player's actions as detrimental to the league, and can fine him under that premise if they want to.
Conduct detrimental to the league is a vaguely defined term, IIRC, giving the league a lot of wiggle room to drop the hammer if they see fit.

Hell, Geno Atkins is on the "if the MVP were given to people other than QBs, he'd be a candidate to win it" list.

Hell, Geno Atkins is on the "if the MVP were given to people other than QBs, he'd be a candidate to win it" list.

Yep. SO many good defensive players in the league now. It gets lost in the offense first NFl, but there is a lot of talent on that side of the ball.

(In my best Dos Equis commercial voice)"I don't always wish injuries on sports players, but when I do, its on guys like Suh"

Am I a bad person for looking forward to the day when Suh either goes off the deep end or gets a serious injury?

:goodbad:

Am I a bad person for looking forward to the day when Suh either goes off the deep end or gets a serious injury?

No you're not bad.

I was smiling from ear to ear when the Titans' Dave Stewart got carted off the field.

For dirty players, I cheer injuries that happen to them. They're subhuman people. They've earned it.

Nah, you're good.

No you're not bad.

I was smiling from ear to ear when the Titans' Dave Stewart got carted off the field.

For dirty players, I cheer injuries that happen to them. They're subhuman people. They've earned it.

Nah... I'm with you!

GP?.... sorta!

I knew this chick once, her name was Karma and she is a BEYOTCH!!!

Nah... I'm with you!

GP?.... sorta!

I knew this chick once, her name was Karma and she is a BEYOTCH!!!

LOL. Well, before 2011 I didn't have those strong feelings.

But since these dirt bags are now gunning for OUR guys??? Trying to ruin OUR chance at a title???

Yeah, Stewart was one on my list.

Incognito and Suh are the other 2.

LOL. Well, before 2011 I didn't have those strong feelings.

But since these dirt bags are now gunning for OUR guys??? Trying to ruin OUR chance at a title???

Yeah, Stewart was one on my list.

Incognito and Suh are the other 2.

Hey man, I agree with Suh and Incognito on the list for sure... I didn't realize that Stewart was on that list as well...

Hey man, I agree with Suh and Incognito on the list for sure... I didn't realize that Stewart was on that list as well...

Our first game with them this year, Stewart was continuing way past the end of the play, shoving Watt in the back...chipping people from a blindside at the end of plays. Maybe even jumping onto piles and stuff. I think he even took Watt's helmet off one time. He was being a major pain in da azz.

This makes me want to go back and re-watch that game now!

From PFT.com

An unnamed member of the Lions’ coaching staff told Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports that Suh left his rush lane on the Colts’ winning touchdown, giving Luck space to step up out of the pocket and find receiver Donnie Avery open for the score.

“It’s Football 101. Don’t let the quarterback get out of the pocket,” the anonymous coach said. “[Zone] coverage, only a touchdown can beat you, make the [quarterback] throw from the pocket, get in his face. But don’t, under any circumstances, give the quarterback a chance to escape and create. That’s where the defense breaks down.”

When a defensive tackle is getting doubled, someone else on the line needs to step up and beat his one-on-one block, and it’s not Suh’s fault that the Lions’ other three defensive linemen failed to do that. And when the defense has more players dropping into coverage than the offense has running pass patterns, it’s a breakdown in coverage if one of the receivers gets wide open. That breakdown is certainly not Suh’s fault.

Apparently our DL coach and JJ Watt disagree with this line of thinking since this situation is very similar to the play where JJ was double teamed and didn't get to his assigned gap leaving the way open for the RB to get through. Glad JJ and our coach handled it better.

From PFT.com

An unnamed member of the Lions’ coaching staff told Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports that Suh left his rush lane on the Colts’ winning touchdown

If you thought the Lions had an opportunity to do something in the near future, forget about it... This kind of talk, to the media... causes too much trouble in the locker room. If the Lions don't fire a DL coach (& I would do it soon) they don't have a chance in he77 to be anything but the dysfunctional organization they have been.

This is one of the things I've always given Kubiak kudos for. He controls his locker room. To a player (except the Dunta thing) they would all repeat the same message, his message. They bought into what he was trying to do & they respected that.

A mature organization, with a history of winning, this wouldn't be a problem. But young groups, where you're trying to get everyone on the same page, where you're trying to instill a new culture, it will never work. Never.

Back