Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2012   #1
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Battle Red game in the playoffs? Bring it!

Let's just say the Texans go on to win these final three regular-season games against the Colts and Vikings - securing the first seed in the AFC and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. They will get to play the divisional round and possibly the AFC Championship game at Reliant Stadium after that. Two home games separating them from traveling 350 miles East to the Superdome for the Super Bowl.

My question is simply this: Are the Houston Texans allowed to wear any uniforms they want for the playoff games? If they elect to wear their "Battle Red" jerseys and declare it a sea of red playoff atmosphere like they had against the Ravens earlier this season, will the NFL allow that or do they pre-determine what the teams wear before hand? I don't recall the ruling on that as well as whether or not the Texans have to open or close the retractable roof? Is this all the Texans' decision or the NFL's decision?

My preference would be if the Texans wear their Battle Red jerseys with a closed retractable roof. The noise would be electric and maybe the loudest in the NFL. And the sea of red would be difficult on the opposing team. It will feel like they're seeing blood out there.

I'm telling you guys right now baby! If the Texans can just win out and get this 1st seed that would make a world of difference come playoff time. If we see Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or any elite AFC QB we'd kick their ass like there's no tomorrow at home in the playoffs. On the road we're not going to stand much of a chance to beat teams like the Patriots and Broncos in the playoffs.

Now if we do reach the Superdome in New Orleans for Super Bowl 47, I'd like to consider it like a home game. I'm sure the Houston fans will be making the 350-mile trip in massive amounts. We played this hard all season long to make sure we are playing on February 3, 2013. We can't stop now just because of one road loss and some key players injured on defense.

I still believe: Bulls On Parade! Get 'er, done!!!!!!

The Texans offense has to do their part also. Score more points. Way too much talent not to be lighting up the scoreboard. Come on Kubiak, I still believe in your playcalling even though it has been highly criticized at times.

I'm listening to some Tubthumping by Chumbawamba right now. A good "pick me up" song this morning for Houston fans. Yeah, we'll get back to the top and whoop dat ass soon enough. You better believe it! Too much pride and heart on this team. They'll respond in a big way on Sunday against the Colts.

http://youtu.be/2H5uWRjFsGc
Old 12-11-2012   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Battle Red game in the playoffs? Bring it!

We just got our butts kicked on national television last night. Is somebody paying you to write long, positive OPs on a few forums after bad losses?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #3
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We just got our butts kicked on national television last night. Is somebody paying you to write long, positive OPs on a few forums after bad losses?
You never know how many chances you have to realistically reach the Super Bowl. I feel the Texans have a good opportunity to do that if they get to play the playoff games at Reliant Stadium. These final three regular-season games are critical to win. Last night's loss upset me and it was frustrating to watch, but in no way does it hinder my excitement for what the Texans can still accomplish. Plenty of football left to be played. If the players and coaches are thinking like me then I believe anything is possible. The 1st seed in the AFC playoffs is very important. Probably more so for the Texans than any other team in the league.
Old 12-11-2012   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Notice he didn't answer my question.

Old 12-11-2012   #5
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Notice he didn't answer my question.
Nothing for me to answer bro. I posted what I felt. I'm not trying to BS you. I want my question answered about the uniform selection and retractable roof option for home playoff games. We'll talk after the Texans beat the Colts on Sunday.

Old 12-11-2012   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure the team decides on the roof status. And since it's not opened when it's 70 degrees outside and not a cloud in the sky I'd assume it'll be closed for the playoffs regardless.

As for the uniforms, I dunno. They'd get blown out either way no matter what cute uniform combination they wear if they show up and play like that abomination I saw last night.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #7
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
My question is simply this: Are the Houston Texans allowed to wear any uniforms they want for the playoff games?
No alternate or throwback uniforms are allowed in the playoffs. I'll try to find the source later.
Old 12-11-2012   #8
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
No alternate or throwback uniforms are allowed in the playoffs. I'll try to find the source later.
I don't know if Wikipedia is a trusted source but it says otherwise, I don't know for sure:

Quote:
National Football League

The NFL was the last of the major professional sports leagues to adopt the third jersey rule in 2002, with the only exceptions being the 1994 season, when teams issued a throwback uniform in honor of the league's 75th Anniversary. Initially, the NFL rule stated that a team may wear their third jersey only once a year, however, after one year this restriction was increased to twice a year. There are currently no rules on wearing alternate pants. Teams are also permitted to wear alternate jerseys as often as desired in playoff games (except the Super Bowl, where teams must wear their standard uniforms); the only team to do so (other than in 1994) was the 2008 San Diego Chargers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_jersey
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Beating a rookie QB isn't going to convince me not to believe what I saw against Brady and Rodgers. Beat Luck in a couple of years and I'll listen.

Besides that, I bet Luck beats us in Indy and splits it (giving NE the HFA we've been fighting for all season).

Old 12-11-2012   #10
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I don't know if Wikipedia is a trusted source but it says otherwise, I don't know for sure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_jersey
Yeah that could be right - I could have been thinking of the Superbowl. The only stuff (not on wiki) that I can find is alternates are allowed in only 2 regular season games max. No mention of playoffs at all.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read