Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2012   #41
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 25265 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Wade stop dialing so many blitz and leaving those cb's on an island. Most of our sacks and pressure come from 4 man rush. If Titans WRs hadn't drop so many passes on those blitz play we probably be playing our 3rd straight OTs.

But it was the offense that's most disappointing. 6+ in turnovers and they manage 1 score from it.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #42
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Secondary = Hot Garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Secondary is garbage.
No pass rush except for Watt
LBs can't cover.
People gas them running up the middle all day.
Just spread the Texans out and destroy them.

Schaub sucks.
What's wrong with Foster.
AJ too old; Walter can't get separation.
Dreessen is missed.
We need Vonta.
Right side of O-line will hurt Texans this year.

Fire Marciano.
Graham can't make that kick.
What's that LS doing on the roster.

11-1 baby!
All great points.

This team is just complete trash.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #43
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I wish Wade stop dialing so many blitz and leaving those cb's on an island. Most of our sacks and pressure come from 4 man rush. If Titans WRs hadn't drop so many passes on those blitz play we probably be playing our 3rd straight OTs.

But it was the offense that's most disappointing. 6+ in turnovers and they manage 1 score from it.
Well kubiak went into a shell EARLY in this one, and after AJ has the best 2 game stretch ever in the NFL the dont utilize him at all in this game. Didnt go down the field very often either, Next week he wont be able to go into a shell so should be a lot more interesting.

Jean looked good today, saw him on the field a lot today also. Thats encouraging.
Old 12-02-2012   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I need to rewatch that; I think perhaps he was gambling on an inside route and was wanting to have an early jump and couldn't recover.
He was just trying to prevent the first down to the inside and he lost the gamble. There was a play later in the game when KJ took inside position on Britt inside the end zone and damn near picked it off. The 2010 KJ would have given that TD up very easily.

Not exactly a brain fart. I mean, no CB shuts out every single WR on every single play for an entire year. Not even for an entire game.

Whereas KJ was giving everything to WRs in 2010, this year it's the exact opposite but with the occasional great play by a QB-WR that any CB in the NFL would be challenged to stop. I wasn't even mad at KJ on that play. I also thought Demps, #27, should have shaded over more to the sideline than he did...he was late to the party, but then again it was just a great QB-WR play, IMO.
Old 12-02-2012   #45
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He was just trying to prevent the first down to the inside and he lost the gamble. There was a play later in the game when KJ took inside position on Britt inside the end zone and damn near picked it off. The 2010 KJ would have given that TD up very easily.

Not exactly a brain fart. I mean, no CB shuts out every single WR on every single play for an entire year. Not even for an entire game.

Whereas KJ was giving everything to WRs in 2010, this year it's the exact opposite. I wasn't even mad at KJ on that play. I also thought Demps, #27, should have shaded over more to the sideline than he did...he was late to the party, but then again it was just a great QB-WR play, IMO.
This in bold. It looked like Demps was late over the top. Big Fing deal. How many time has that play happened this year, bet you can count them on one hand.

good throw, good catch, bad coverage, bad angle = TD for the tits and they still suck...

11-1 headed to Foxboro....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
He made some plays. I'm not denying that. Brandon Harris made some plays. Roc Carmichael made some plays. But their "mistakes" makes them a wash.

If Kareem had made an INT on that play where Brit grabbed his helmet.... I'd say that would make up for the "mistakes"

That was perfect coverage by the way & if he could have located that ball.... man.... that would have been sweet.

He jumped a post route today & broke up a sure TD.
Brandon Harris had his hands all over his guy a lot. I loved the tight coverage, but he was just too amped up.

If he gets his legs underneath him, he can be really special because I like what I see out of him. His head isn't quite CORRECTLY telling his hands what to do, though. For me, that's just trying to get adjusted the game speed that's nothing like practice speed. Nothing like preseason game speed. Overall, IMO, Harris did pretty good. Not saying you said he was bad, just saying I thought he looked OK today.
Old 12-02-2012   #47
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we know the extent of Ball's injury?

"Hot garbage" might be a bit a a hyperbole. Actually, its a total load of BS. We have a very solid secondary that can excel when the front 7 is playing as well as they can. I'm excited to see Harris and Carmichael as they get more comfortable out there.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2012   #48
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
This in bold. It looked like Demps was late over the top. Big Fing deal. How many time has that play happened this year, bet you can count them on one hand.

good throw, good catch, bad coverage, bad angle = TD for the tits and they still suck...

11-1 headed to Foxboro....
Teams dial those plays up when they're down 21 points. So, yeah, good for the Titans...but in the grand scheme of things, we were playing them everything up front and they slipped by us for a change. I agree with what you said.
Old 12-02-2012   #49
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Do we know the extent of Ball's injury?

"Hot garbage" might be a bit a a hyperbole. Actually, its a total load of BS. We have a very solid secondary that can excel when the front 7 is playing as well as they can. I'm excited to see Harris and Carmichael as they get more comfortable out there.
Let us not also forget that the refs were missing a lot of calls on BOTH sides today. Hot Garbage should be what we use to describe the refs.

Seemed like every time we held them on 3rd and long, the refs would throw the obligatory Get Out of Jail Free card for the Titans. It really was, at one point, obvious that the refs were trying to keep them in the game...trying to not let this be a blowout. And I'm not even joking.
Old 12-02-2012   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
This in bold. It looked like Demps was late over the top. Big Fing deal.
He was the only safety back there. Looked like he was cheated to the other side (2 receivers) as if Kj was supposed to keep dude in front of him. If there is any play you don't cheat & jump the route, that's the one.

I don't know if we can blame Demps.... if I'm Van Joseph I'd be telling Kj, "Uh huh.. uh huh, what I tell you? what I tell you? You can't let this happen here, you're on your own.. you owe me a ball, no. You owe me a TD. Go get it!!"
Old 12-02-2012   #51
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
He was the only safety back there. Looked like he was cheated to the other side (2 receivers) as if Kj was supposed to keep dude in front of him. If there is any play you don't cheat & jump the route, that's the one.

I don't know if we can blame Demps.... if I'm Van Joseph I'd be telling Kj, "Uh huh.. uh huh, what I tell you? what I tell you? You can't let this happen here, you're on your own.. you owe me a ball, no. You owe me a TD. Go get it!!"
Demps was playing pretty much center field, IIRC. He might not be the scape goat here, but I don't think KJ is either.

Maybe we just draw this one up as a WR option route where the Titans QB and WR felt out the play and for where Demps was shading, they were going flag route at the WR's break? I can't blame KJ for gambling on the inside there.

If the route stays inside, he stops it. If he gambles to the sideline, and the route went to the middle, he's getting torched anyways. And he can't tell where Demps is shading to anyways.

Good pitch and catch by the Titans, to me.
Old 12-02-2012   #52
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Secondary has always been the weakest point of the defense, even with Joseph. Manning and Quin are solid, but not elite. Kareem is far from elite even with the great year he's having and Joseph had a great season last year, but with all the injuries he's had, he hasn't been as good either. The one thing I'll say about them though is that when the Texans have needed a stop, they've gotten one this season. The defense as a whole does a great job of that, and I'm slowly realizing that we don't need the defense to be dominant. Just need them to make plays when the team really needs them.
Old 12-02-2012   #53
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the secondary played pretty well today. And that's without Joseph. I mean most of Locker's yards came in the 4th quarter when the game was basically over.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If the route stays inside, he stops it. If he gambles to the sideline, and the route went to the middle, he's getting torched anyways. And he can't tell where Demps is shading to anyways.
Wow.... tables have flipped, you're defending Kj.

I don't know what the defensive play call was. I don't know what Kj was supposed to do, what Demps was supposed to do. But it is feasible, I've seen play's where, the safety was supposed to give you a single high look, but actually play over the doubles side & let those corners play man under. Takes away the deep route & any come-back.

Your best corner in this situation would be asked to play on an island, to stay on top, not allow the big play. He should keep the reciever in front of him & not allow him to get past him. If the ball is thrown in front of him, he has to drive through the receiver & test how badly he really wants to catch that ball.

The way that play developed, that's what I thought I saw. Kj made no attempt to jam him at the line. Didn't try to "run with him" He kept it in front of him & instead of playing the receiver he gambled & chose wrong.

There's a time to gamble & a time not.

I could be wrong. We may never know. But that is something that all CBs will have to learn sooner or later. When they've got help & when they don't.

Damn........ my posts are super long too.
Old 12-02-2012   #55
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll see how HOT this thread gets next Monday night.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #56
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Injuries are tough to get through. Hopefully Joseph is there otherwise we're losing against New England.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #57
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

The secondary was playing the ball really well in the first half. When the other team is down 20 points they have to throw it every down, the guys will get tired. The single high safety is also a gamble, but it at least creates some confusion compared to the prevent defense.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #58
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeesh Rookie receiver DeVier Posey would have been next in line to play as a corner if the team needed someone extra. Seriously!
Old 12-02-2012   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Jeesh Rookie receiver DeVier Posey would have been next in line to play as a corner if the team needed someone extra. Seriously!
getting thin.
Old 12-02-2012   #60
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I think JJ Watt and the (sometimes) above average plays made by our front 7 is the reason why the DBs come away with picks. I can only imagine how badly KJ & Co. would get torched if it weren't for our blitzes and the pressure we put on opposing quarterbacks.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read