Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans sign 2 new receivers

gtexan02

Working?
HOUSTON -- The Texans signed free agent wide receivers Kevin Kasper and LaTarence Dunbar Wednesday and released two undrafted free agents.

Does anyone know about these players? Why did we sign someone the browns released? Why are we still signing receivers who don't really have a chance at being our no. 2 starter?

gtexan02 said:
Why are we still signing receivers who don't really have a chance at being our no. 2 starter?
To get through the upcoming training camp. Gaffney is recovering from shoulder surgery. NFLE assignment WRs Suber & Narcisse were on NFLE's injured reserve. The Texans need the bodies at WR.

Texans Pride said:
Wasn't Keven Kasper a memember of the Denver Broncos a couple of seasons ago, or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes...Kasper has some ability to return kicks also. Both of these guys are long shots to make the team.

HOUSTON -- The Texans signed free agent wide receivers Kevin Kasper and LaTarence Dunbar Wednesday and released two undrafted free agents.

Kasper has 24 career catches for 297 yards and three touchdowns. He has played for four teams in four seasons, most recently the Patriots, where he saw action in eight regular season games for the defending Super Bowl champions. Kasper was inactive for all three playoff games.

Kasper, who played his college ball at Iowa, was originally drafted in the sixth round of the 2001 draft by Denver. He played in 14 games for the Broncos over two seasons before stints with the Seahawks and Cardinals.

Dunbar was released by the Browns in training camp last season after playing in five games for the Falcons in 2003. Atlanta drafted Dunar out of TCU in the sixth round of the 2003 draft.

The Texans also released defensive tackle Jonathan Simon and offensive tackle Myniya Smith.

LINK

"The Texans also released defensive tackle Jonathan Simon and offensive tackle Myniya Smith."

Huh, The Wall(Or Whatever his name was)did not make the cut.

I've kept my eye on Kasper for a few seasons now ever since he stepped in with the Cardinals. The guy is a very good route runner and has excellent hands. Of course he's a long shot to make the team, but he is a pretty decent player, no superstar mind you, but he did impress me when Plummer was slinging it at him.

Kasper has made some plays and is fast as hell with great hands, but he's had some injury problems. Maybe he can put it all together here.

Kasper in Houston. Sound familiar?

Hey if these guys can come in and fill the slot better than anyone we have, more power to them. I am just glad we didn't bring in another LB.

I remember him in Arizona, I think he was a third or fourth wide out. I don't see him being that here though. I wouldn't be suprised if he missed the team.

Sounds to me like the return duties is getting the most comp out of this. Could be that our offensive playbook will open up much more this year and we may need more WRs for that also, I don't know.

Does anyone think we may keep 5 WR this year?

El Tejano said:
Does anyone think we may keep 5 WR this year?

I think we will keep Johnson, Gaffney, Mathis, Bradford, Armstrong, and Swinton and I honestly don't see why we got two new WR because I definately don't see them making the team with all of the WRs we already have.

TexanFan881 said:
I think we will keep Johnson, Gaffney, Mathis, Bradford, Armstrong, and Swinton and I honestly don't see why we got two new WR because I definately don't see them making the team with all of the WRs we already have.

I think that Lucky answered that question pretty well earlier on in the thread. We need WRs to get through TC.

texasguy346 said:
I think that Lucky answered that question pretty well earlier on in the thread. We need WRs to get through TC.
This thread is an excellent example of people's tendency to not read all posts in a thread. :brickwall

Back