Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-01-2012   #61
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Other Than the Texans, Who Do You Root For?

I love all the comments on this thread. It's very cool to see the perspective of all of us, Texans fans older and younger.

To the folks that favor the Steelers to whatever degree and whatever reason, I get it. I hated them when I was an Oiler, but after the Oilers left I was left without a team an I admired them for their style of play. Punishing defense and whatever happened, happened, I liked that. I soften my hatred of them for that. After all, the Oilers were dead as far as I was concerned and I know the Steelers/Oilers rivalry was not without respect and mutual admiration.

To the ones who say "f-'em all" God Bless You, I know. I feel the same way. I'm from Houston and live or die, I'm Houston Proud.

To those of you live in another country saying F THEM ALL and what's up with that? Respect, but you need to live here in the US for that to be taken with full ..........honesty.

For those who like other teams other than the Texans throughout the NFL, I get it. F-'em if they are playing our team with no mercy towards them.

Those who wonder about a secondary allegiance, F- them if they are playing the Texans.

PERIOD.
Old 12-01-2012   #62
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

49'ers, and whoever plays the Cowboys.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #63
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

The UH Coogars, SHSU

THE ONLY TIME I WATCH OTHER NFL TEAMS AT ALL is if it has implications to the texans play-offs like homefield/seeding. But other than that i dont even watch games if the texans arent playing. So i cant say i am even a fan of the NFL, just of the texans .
Old 12-01-2012   #64
BigLee713
Rookie

I grew up watching Cowboys with my grandpa so I was born a Cowboy but I'm a Texan fan by location. I've been watching the Texans religiously for the last six years, it was tough at times lol. But watching the Cowboys suck every year isn't any easier...
BigLee713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #65
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

no other team. but ill admit i dont mind when the vikings win. got a soft spot for them because they are the closest team to me
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #66
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Because of the fact you are an incognito Colts fan trying to keep your mask on this MB.
Not exactly incognito; I just pointed out that I pull for the Colts, but isn't that the point of this thread? Lots of us pull for multiple teams. So what.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012   #67
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I root only for Texans but during the early Oiler years, I also rooted for Dallas because I admired many of their players & the organization. That ended with Jerry Jones. I have a many year tradition of spending Sundays with a couple that I have been friends with for many years; food & football and often watch a follow up game due to their interest not mine. I have always been homer for Houston teams until Astros and Rockets drove me away. As a side note, when Oilers moved to Tenn. I tried to follow that next year due to players but it was not the same.
Old 12-01-2012   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I root for the 'Gurls and the Tinnbreds.....

Yeah, I said that....

I root for them sucking!!
Old 12-02-2012   #69
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacksonville Jaguars because I like seeing tarp.
Old 12-02-2012   #70
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll always root for my hometown Houston teams over everything first and foremost.

After that, I've always had favorite players around the league that I root for with different reasons. Some are because I followed them from college and wanted to root for them in the pros as well, and other times it might be because I just find them to be exciting and admirable players. Growing up Joe Montana was always my favorite player, so after the Oilers I always rooted for the Niners and then the CHiefs when Montana was over there. As an adult I've always rooted for Favre and for Tom Brady, so naturally the Patriots are a team I've rooted for ever since I became a fan of Brady in his first few games when none of us hardly knew anything about the guy. In basketball as a kid I was always a huge Barkley fan, so when I wasn't rooting for the Rockets it was either the Sixers or the Suns I rooted for.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #71
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Was pulling for the Steelers today.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Was pulling for the Steelers today.
Me too. Steelers & Bengals. I don't want the Ravens in the play-offs.

They're going to have to score some points over the next three weeks & they've been struggling to do so.

Skins, Broncos, Giants...... then they play @ Cincy for week 17
Old 12-02-2012   #73
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I root for the Titans

to lose.
^^^^
This
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #74
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Next weekend I'll be rooting for Tennessee, Washington and Oakland.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #75
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dolphins, pretty much for Ryan Tannehill.
I support all Aggie players in the NFL. *is homer*

Texans take the top as the team I will always cheer for. I became a fan of football in general in 2009 but religiously watched every game in 2010 (which was rough :P... nearly cried after Jax and Jets games). Texans ftw

I like underdog teams. Rams on occasion. I hate the Colts, strongly dislike the Titans, meh to Jax (they're bottom feeders right now). Out of our division I dislike the Patriots (because its so easy to be on the Pats bandwagon), the 49ers (sorry, their fans annoy me with their talk of "we're better than the Texans") and the Cowgirls. Seriously, screw Jerry Jones and screw the Cowgirls.

I like the Bengals because I live(d) in Katy and Andy Dalton's a hometown hero, even though I went to Cinco Ranch High School and we're rivals with Katy.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #76
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Pulling for the Redskins to beat the Giants tonight, in order to give the Cowboys a little help in the NFC.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Pulling for the Redskins to beat the Giants tonight, in order to give the Cowboys a little help in the NFC.
Me too.

If the Cowboys win out, they also have a chance at the Wild-Card. That's Seattle & Greenbay/Chicago.

It's highly unlikely they will win out, but that's the hole they've dug.
Old 12-03-2012   #78
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Every team that is playing against a AFC contender
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #79
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will confess to some admiration for the Vikings because of AP and some interest in the Redskins because of RGIII.

...and they're both NFC teams

All AFC teams are the enemy.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #80
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant honestly say that I root for any other team. However, I do enjoy watching the Patriots (always an incredible team) and the Vikings (AP).
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read