Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-29-2012   #21
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Other Than the Texans, Who Do You Root For?

Da bears. Bear down Chicago bears. But not this season.
Old 11-29-2012   #22
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure.

Along with the Texans: Colts because of Luck, Broncos because of Peyton, Saints because they were my first favorite team, Giants because of Eli, Cowboys because if the Cowboys are a good team the NFL is more interesting, Packers because they are synonymous with the NFL, Patriots because of Brady, 49ers because of Harbaugh, and the Falcons because of Matt Ryan. That's about a third of the league.

Can't stand the Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Lions, Vikings, Chiefs, Raiders, Titans, Jags, Chargers.....they are just schedule-filler for the rest of the league.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #23
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoevers playing against the cowboys.

Whoevers playing other afc south teams.

Texas college teams...and when 2 Texas teams are playing I root for the highest ranked.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

We moved to Arizona at about the same time the Cardinals did. So the Cardinals became my "NFC" team for awhile. I still hope for the best for them although I never expect it.

We lived in the Philly area for a couple of years and I became an Eagles fan for awhile. It hurts that they're sucking so bad right now but I've never liked the way they drafted or built their team.

I have a tendency to root for whoever's an underdog and whoever's playing Dallas as long as it has no bearing on the Texan's playoff life/future.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #25
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Starstruck is Starstruck

Love the Texans and have been there since day 1. Next would be the 49ers, then the Vikings.

I follow with interest the Ravens and Packers.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Nobody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
No other NFL team, but there are a few teams I hate a little less than the others Okay, truth be told, there's a couple teams I am "neutral" about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Also, anybody playing the Cowpies I'll root for during that game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Whoever is playing the Cowboys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I've stopped watching NFL games that don't involve the texans. I don't root for any other team. I'm just a hometown team type of guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I just pull for any team playing teams I dislike - like the Cowboys.
Same here.

I got old enough to choose my own team, and since that was back in the day when the Lubbock station carried the Cowboys games...and the other Lubbock station carried the Oilers games...my dad was a lifelong Cowboys fan, and being a free-thinking pre-teenager boy who just knew I had to be different than my dad, I decided to choose the Oilers because I could at least see their games on TV.

Ha ha, on days when Cowboys and Oilers played at the same time on the same day...my dad would watch the Cowboys game on the color TV in the living room, and I had to watch my Oilers in my bedroom on my tiny black and white. BLACK AND WHITE. 13-inch THIRTEEN. INCHES. television set. Kids don't even know what the hell a black & white TV is. It's not even a blip on their radar. For me, that little black and white TV was my escape hatch. Oilers games, Married With Children, and Saturday Night wrassling with my friends The Freebirds, Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert, One Man Gang, and Sting.

Before Sunday Ticket, you had to choose that way--Seriously, you did. End of story. Who wants to follow a team that you can't see any of their games? Not me.

When 35-3 happened, I went from being on top of the world to going outside on a cold Texas Panhandle day (sleeting, snowy, wind blowing hard) and I took, and I kid you not, a Louisville Slugger baseball bat to our big tree in the back yard. I shredded that bat like a homicidal maniac on bath salts. I had to kill that poor baseball bat. I begged my parents to let me stay home from school on Monday, because I knew my classmates (who were ALL Cowboys fans) would tear me to pieces over how the Oilers choked.

I briefly followed the Vikings when the Oilers left Houston, but only because Warren Moon was the Vikes QB...it was sort of like a consolation prize I suppose. One last spin around the block before selling the Oilers house I lived in. Dudes, do you any of you feel this way like I did: The last real year in Houston, when Steve McNair was sort of getting his shots (and Eddie George, too) I couldn't even really stand to watch it...I did, but it felt wrong. Icky and gross. I even tried to watch their first season in TN, and I couldn't stomach it. It wasn't them anymore. Same colors, yeah, but not the same team. Sigh...that was the day my NFL world came to a screeching halt.

So yeah, I have zero room for any other team(s). I don't even follow college ball because I have no leftover energy for it. I suppose for awhile I followed Texas Tech until they sold their soul to the devil Craig James and decided they would let tittie babies run their program. Look at 'em now: They have an old man slapping headsets off grad assistants' heads. You showed Mike Leach, Tech. Way to go, you doofuses.

Texans All The Way. They just might erase 35-3 after all, which would be sort of like those magical years in 1994 and 1995 when the Rockets erased some bad memories.
Old 11-29-2012   #27
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been living in the Bay Area California for 12 years now. You would think I'd somewhat root for the 49ers or Raiders, but I can't stand seeing either of them win.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2012   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Colts because of Luck, Broncos because of Peyton
Because of the fact you are an incognito Colts fan trying to keep your mask on this MB.
Old 11-29-2012   #29
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 105796 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys
Old 11-29-2012   #30
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I am married to the Texans, but the Saints are like a $20 lap dance, and the Titans are my crazy ass ex-wife who comes to town once a year to cause trouble.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #31
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

And the Cowboys are the desperate housewife neighbor whose attention whoring got old years ago.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #32
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys are the team I grew up with, so I still cheer for them.

I also cheer anyone that is beating the Patriots
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #33
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I've grown up a Raiders fan in a family full of 49ers fans. I've always hated them with a passion but as of late I've grown to respect and envy them. How I wish the Raiders were at that level.

I also have a huge soft spot for the Texans, thats the reason I signed up here. I think I started following the Texans mainly because you guys drafted Steve Slaton, who I really was a big fan of at the time. Through him I became a huge fan of guys like Andre Johnson and have been keeping an eye on the Texans ever since.

I also like some other teams such as the Giants, for Eli, and Ravens, for Ray Lewis. Most teams I'm fairly neutral towards save for a few like the Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Falcons, and Jets who I absolutely hate.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Texans and anyone who plays the Cowboys. In college, sadly I am a UH fan. Have been since I was a kid. My wife is an Alabama alum, so I've watched enough of them over the years to develop a mild affinity for them, despite my dislike for Saban. The only team I experience true highs and lows for is the Texans though. So I don't know if those other teams qualify.
Old 11-29-2012   #35
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Grew up in Cleveland, so I root for the Browns to do well, but Texans are #1 if they ever play eachother. So far it hasn't been an issue. I also like the Packers, I used to follow them as a kid when Favre was there and won the Super Bowl. I like that team, and Aaron Rodgers is a good enough guy to root for when he's not playing the Texans.

Other than that, I just root for my fantasy players and guys I like and respect around the league. I always root for individual players who are former Aggies like Von Miller, former Texans like Vonta Leach or just excellent players like Adrian Peterson. Not that I care how their team does, but I like to see them succeed if they are respectable.

I actively root against teams I don't like. Right now my **** list is:
Titans
Cowboys
Jets
Patriots
and anyone contending for the #1 seed against the Texans.

I follow quite a few other sports, but most of my teams are based around Houston and Cleveland. In no particular order: Aggies, Buckeyes, Rockets, Dynamo, Astros, Cavs, Indians, Tottenham Spurs, FC Barcelona and the US national soccer team.
Old 11-30-2012   #36
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Starstruck is Starstruck

Love the Texans and have been there since day 1. Next would be the 49ers, then the Vikings.

I follow with interest the Ravens and Packers.
Because of the board name I honestly thought, no, assumed, you were a Cowboys fan.
Old 11-30-2012   #37
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I root for the teams playing my least favorite teams.

Jets vs Titans... I won't even watch it...
Old 11-30-2012   #38
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Wifes from Saint Louis and I've been going there for the past 18 years so the Rams are my NFC team. I get harrassed constantly about being an Astros fan and when they announced the move to the AL I started getting hit up about following the Cards. I've tried to hate them and I can't. I've been to games and had a great time.

Someday they may end up my NL team but it may take some time.
Old 11-30-2012   #39
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not believe in sports bigamy.

Old 11-30-2012   #40
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a hometown guy. I will not root for any other team.

I have a friend who is a Cowboys fan and a "Texans" fan. (Bandwagoner, jumps off the second they go bad) He always tells me that I am not a true texan since I don't root for Dallas teams. I always tell him, sure, you can call me a Houstonian.

There are teams that I tolerate more than others. Those teams would be the Giants, Redskins, Packers, Patriots, and Steelers.

What I find somewhat interesting, is other than the Titans and Cowboys (Teams that I hate regardless) I normally don't like a team if they're really bad, as opposed to being a threat. For example, I laugh at the entire AFCW, because for the past few years, they have been so sub par!

I also hate the Browns and Bengals, oh man they suck. The Jets suck too. Yeah, just a hometown guy.

As for college, uhhhhh Eat em Up Kats!!!

But before I came to SHSU, I liked UH, and I had a love hate relationship with A&M. Always rooted for them, but kinda got tired of them. It's kinda cool to see them now, with a good team, but I don't care at this point.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read