Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mancave/TV room almost complete

Last November I started a thread about what I was going to do w/ my winnings if I won my 2 fantasy leagues. Well I won one and came in third in the other (damn you Jamal Charles, or I would have won them both).

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102999

So it's still a work in progress (need some more sports/cars/Jeep memorabilia). And I currently have seating for 7 but I'm looking at other options to increase. The TVs are: 1-55 inch, 2-50 inch and 1-40 inch (I didn't get the Seiki). Like I said it's a work in progress but so far I'm pretty please with how it has turned out.

My Dad and I have been season ticket holders since day one (we still are) but he's had some health issues lately and has not felt like going to the games. So this will help lessen the blow of not attending the games, but he and I (and as many neighbors/friends we can squeeze in) will be watching together.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mancave/TV room almost complete

Cool beans and good job. Great job of making it comfy for your Dad!

rep to ya

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

the geeks among you want to know what hardware you decided on and what toys you have
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 2447 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking good!

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
the geeks among you want to know what hardware you decided on and what toys you have
What I want to know is where his toys are. I can't imagine dedicating a garage to this although I think it's really cool.
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I only bought two new ones and none of them have any bells and whistles (no smart TV, 3d, etc):

the top TV is Insignia 55" - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV and I'm really pleased w the picture quality especially for the price.

the bottom right is a Samsung 51" plasma which looked like dog crap in the store until I adjusted the settings. It was on sale for about $300.

The old ones are:
the bottom left is a 50" Samsung plasma which is at least 5 years old and still running strong. Also it is built like a tank. When I was installing the TVs all of the other TVs I could pretty much handle by my self; not this one.

the bottom middle is a 40" Westinghouse LCD.

All of the TVs are connected to Directv.

toys? do you mean other than the TVs

The Highwaymen
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What I want to know is where his toys are. I can't imagine dedicating a garage to this although I think it's really cool.
Thanks. This isn't my garage; it is a game room upstairs that my daughter kinda had free rein over (and wasn't real thrilled about my plan originally)

The Highwaymen
Sponsored links
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Damn son, yes. And I'm not talking about anything that fits in a bedside table.
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn son, yes. And I'm not talking about anything that fits in a bedside table.
now you've exited the man cave and gone into the bedroom
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
now you've exited the man cave and gone into the bedroom
Which when properly done, is the man cave.
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Which when properly done, is the man cave.
I live alone; my whole house is man-cave.

I just wanted some outfitting ideas
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Very nice
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice!

Now you just need some Texans pillows and throws and a couple of JJ Watt Fatheads for the walls.
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I only bought two new ones and none of them have any bells and whistles (no smart TV, 3d, etc):

the top TV is Insignia 55" - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV and I'm really pleased w the picture quality especially for the price.

the bottom right is a Samsung 51" plasma which looked like dog crap in the store until I adjusted the settings. It was on sale for about $300.

The old ones are:
the bottom left is a 50" Samsung plasma which is at least 5 years old and still running strong. Also it is built like a tank. When I was installing the TVs all of the other TVs I could pretty much handle by my self; not this one.

the bottom middle is a 40" Westinghouse LCD.

All of the TVs are connected to Directv.

Yes, like Xbox or PlayStations, etc., etc...

And I'm totally digging those sale prices you scored.
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Yes, like Xbox or PlayStations, etc., etc...

And I'm totally digging those sale prices you scored.
Damn y'all think small. I'm talking cars, bikes, bikes (the other kind), hunting gear, paintball gear, crawfish pot and burner.....

You know, the essentials.
Old 1 Week Ago   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Damn y'all think small. I'm talking cars, bikes, bikes (the other kind), hunting gear, paintball gear, crawfish pot and burner.....

You know, the essentials.
I figured you were talking bikes when you said garage.
I must confess that paintball gear or crawfish fixin' gear didn't enter my mind at all

I'm just interested - for the sake of this convo - in outfitting the man-cave

Speaking of cars I'm on the hunt for a 650i ragtop...
not new, I ain't rich; but something stylish for my retirement road trips.
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
I figured you were talking bikes when you said garage.
but I'm just interested - for the sake of this convo - in outfitting the man-cave

Speaking of cars I'm on the hunt for a 650i ragtop...
not new, I ain't rich; but something stylish for my retirement road trips.
Dude if you're retiring go classic. You aren't carrying kids.

Heavy was invented by BMW. Rails were invented by Porsche.
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Dude if you're retiring go classic. You aren't carrying kids.

Heavy was invented by BMW. Rails were invented by Porsche.
thought about those. The only Porsches that will hold my golf clubs are four door models. And a four door Porsche is just wrong.
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
thought about those. The only Porsches that will hold my golf clubs are four door models. And a four door Porsche is just wrong.
That's not true. Trust me. I've been there. I've had two bicycles in one. Cop who pulled me on the way to Beaumont just chuckled and walked away.

Maybe there is a god. It's game day and I can smell bbq from my balcony.
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
That's not true. Trust me. I've been there. I've had two bicycles in one. Cop who pulled me on the way to Beaumont just chuckled and walked away.

Maybe there is a god. It's game day and I can smell bbq from my balcony.
two bikes?
Where?
Not in the trunk... even with the wheels off I can't see you getting two bikes in the trunk of a 911

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read