Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-29-2012   #21
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OAK LB Rolando McClain to be waived

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Correct - about $285K

He's also under contract for '13 (right at $4 Million) and '14 (Right at $5.8 Million), but after this season, he could be waived without any cap consequences, or we could attempt to renegotiate.

That's the idea, cheap midseason rental player. If he sucks cut him, if he's great then renegotiate his contract or cut him. I doubt he clears waivers all the way down to us and doubt the Texans would be willing to bring in this type of team cancer to the locker room. It's sad, I really thought this guy was going to have a great career, got Aaron Curry wrong as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #22
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were you guys I'd be hoping and praying the Texans DON'T go after McClain. You guys have a great defense in Houston, this waste of a pick will do nothing but harm to your team.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking Alabama is overrated for good pro prospects .
Old 11-29-2012   #24
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks. He should be in jail not being paid millions to play football. For sure not on the Texans.

Quote:
McClain, 6-foot-3 and 255 pounds, and Jarodiaus Willingham were charged with assaulting Rishard Tapscott, who was a friend of the two, on Nov. 30, 2011. Tapscott testified that the Raiders linebacker pointed a gun at his head and threatened to kill him before firing it beside his ear.
ESPN Story
Old 11-29-2012   #25
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
There is that.
And not as bad as giving up a 2nd and 3rd to the raiders for philip buchanttackle.
Old 11-29-2012   #26
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless Kubiak wants a gun pointed at his head and made to beg for his life, only to have a shot fired right by his ear...

Stay the F away from Rolando McClain...That dude's head is a bag full of cats, you can smell the crazy on him (Avengers)....

As Matty Nutshot would say...

"He is not Texans worthy"

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickpatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm, been arrested and quit on his team. Does that sound like the Texans? Heck no!

Just another dumbass that wasted his talent.

Speaking of dumbasses, Tyrann Mathieu plans to enter the 2013 NFL Draft. Smdh
Old 11-29-2012   #28
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76298 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Wow, I just read that he recently got pulled in their subpackage where they only use two LBs.
I check the snap counts at FB Outsiders and Phillip Wheeler, an Ex-Colt who has never been great, got the most playing time.
McClain trailed the rookie Miles Burris by some 60 plays.
And to think Burris was one of the dark horses a few of us clamored for around draft time...
Ro is one of the reasons the Raiders D sucks. Burris has been playing great for a rookie. He still has some things to learn, but I prefer Burris over Rolando by far.
Old 11-29-2012   #29
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Not Texans Worthy.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #30
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
That's the idea, cheap midseason rental player. If he sucks cut him, if he's great then renegotiate his contract or cut him. I doubt he clears waivers all the way down to us and doubt the Texans would be willing to bring in this type of team cancer to the locker room. It's sad, I really thought this guy was going to have a great career, got Aaron Curry wrong as well.

After doing some more reading on McClain I'm changing my mind, the guys a complete douche bag. No Thanks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...mlb-moving-on/

Some of above:
Against the run, while the numbers are solid, they don’t tell the whole story. He’s currently seventh in the league in Run Stop Percentage at 11.4 percent and tied for 11th with 27 stops. There’s nothing wrong with those figures, but when we look at the film, a lot of his plays are made as the unblocked defender. He does a nice job of sifting through traffic and finding the ball, but he’s struggled when offensive linemen get their hands on him. When the scheme puts him in position to make a play, he can get there, but he hasn’t made many plays while working off blocks since his strong Week 1 game against the San Diego Chargers.

Another positive for McClain is his tackling as he ranks ninth among inside linebackers this year with a Tackling Efficiency of 21.0. He’s only missed one tackle in the running game, so as to the previous point, when he’s put in position to make a play.

was arrested last December and originally sentenced to spend 180 days in jail after an alleged shooting incident, but those charges were later dropped.

Can any one post link to his behavior other than the gun incident with charges dropped? I can't find anything but "other incidents."
Old 11-30-2012   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

Some of above:
Against the run, while the numbers are solid, they donít tell the whole story. Heís currently seventh in the league in Run Stop Percentage at 11.4 percent and tied for 11th with 27 stops. Thereís nothing wrong with those figures, but when we look at the film, a lot of his plays are made as the unblocked defender. He does a nice job of sifting through traffic and finding the ball, but heís struggled when offensive linemen get their hands on him. When the scheme puts him in position to make a play, he can get there, but he hasnít made many plays while working off blocks since his strong Week 1 game against the San Diego Chargers.

Another positive for McClain is his tackling as he ranks ninth among inside linebackers this year with a Tackling Efficiency of 21.0. Heís only missed one tackle in the running game, so as to the previous point, when heís put in position to make a play.

was arrested last December and originally sentenced to spend 180 days in jail after an alleged shooting incident, but those charges were later dropped.

Can any one post link to his behavior other than the gun incident with charges dropped? I can't find anything but "other incidents."
Like I said earlier...I'd pick him up...He could help this team on first and second down IMO.

I know he has some issues, but it's a risk reward type of thing.

But it all seems moot anyways because it doesn't appear that Oakland is going to cut him. Or at least it seems that they are trying to retaliate and keep him away, not pay him and not let him go to another team all at once...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #33
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't find anything else either but if you review the few facts put out, looks like he was guilty and either the accuser was paid off or didn't want to go through another trial. Meh - just my opinion.

"Tapscott testified that the Raiders linebacker pointed a gun at his head and threatened to kill him before firing it beside his ear."
"Willingham (McClain's friend), 23 of Decatur, pleaded guilty to third-degree assault in the case Thursday morning. He received a 90-day jail sentence."

"Court documents show that Morgan County Circuit Judge Glenn Thompson dismissed the charges this month after McClain's accuser told prosecutors he no longer wanted to pursue the case."
Old 11-30-2012   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I can't find anything else either but if you review the few facts put out, looks like he was guilty and either the accuser was paid off or didn't want to go through another trial. Meh - just my opinion.

"Tapscott testified that the Raiders linebacker pointed a gun at his head and threatened to kill him before firing it beside his ear."
"Willingham (McClain's friend), 23 of Decatur, pleaded guilty to third-degree assault in the case Thursday morning. He received a 90-day jail sentence."

From: Charges Dropped"Court documents show that Morgan County Circuit Judge Glenn Thompson dismissed the charges this month after McClain's accuser told prosecutors he no longer wanted to pursue the case."
More than I had but does anyone know what caused the incident? Seems like that would be in court documents that news media would have gone after like sharks after blood scent.
Old 11-30-2012   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I can't find anything else either but if you review the few facts put out, looks like he was guilty and either the accuser was paid off or didn't want to go through another trial.
Bingo.... or scared off.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #36
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Raiders suspend Rolando McClain for conduct detrimental to the team http://wp.me/p14QSB-6zvz via @JayGlazer
Old 11-30-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Raiders suspend Rolando McClain for conduct detrimental to the team http://wp.me/p14QSB-6zvz via @JayGlazer
AT least it is not vague. chuckle.
Old 11-30-2012   #38
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2228 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

Would take him over shu.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #39
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76298 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Some of above:
Against the run, while the numbers are solid, they donít tell the whole story. Heís currently seventh in the league in Run Stop Percentage at 11.4 percent and tied for 11th with 27 stops. Thereís nothing wrong with those figures, but when we look at the film, a lot of his plays are made as the unblocked defender. He does a nice job of sifting through traffic and finding the ball, but heís struggled when offensive linemen get their hands on him. When the scheme puts him in position to make a play, he can get there, but he hasnít made many plays while working off blocks since his strong Week 1 game against the San Diego Chargers.

Another positive for McClain is his tackling as he ranks ninth among inside linebackers this year with a Tackling Efficiency of 21.0. Heís only missed one tackle in the running game, so as to the previous point, when heís put in position to make a play.

I'm telling you, any team that would be interested in McClain is foolish; however, I will admit sometimes a wake-up call (suspension) and change of scenery (new team) does make a difference in a player. All the same, go to this link: http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/20...m-2011-season/ and make sure you check out the video of McClain from last year.
Old 11-30-2012   #40
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardc5637 View Post
Would take him over shu.
Really?

I know we all don't like Suh...but he's not a bad person off the field like this guy might be. He's just a dirty MFer on the field...and also a pro-bowl caliber player on the field.

Suh every time over this guy.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read