Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans horned helmet? Where to get?

BufordTJustice

Practice Squad
Howdy to my fellow Texans fans!

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get one of the Texans horned helmets that you see people wearing at the game. I live in california so going to see a game and buying one there is a bit difficult at this time.

I have looked on the Texans shop and found nothing (I even called them up in case I missed it and they said they don't have it). Google has been googled and still I have no leads. So I come here asking if anyone knows how to get it online. Just in case you need a visual, they are the ones that resemble a viking helmet but with bull horns. I realize some you see people wearing at the games more than likely are custom made by them, but I've seen some that look the same so I am 99% sure those are sold there at Reliant.

OR if anyone has one and would be willing to sell, then we can set something up.

Thanks for reading and to all those who can help!

BufordTJustice

Practice Squad
????

I didnt even see that!!! Looks great!

The one that I see is like a hardhat with horns on it, but I'll still get that one too.

If anyone else can find others shoot me a link. The more Texans stuff to wear on my head the better(besides caps and beanies...got plenty of those).

Thanks for your help!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I've seen some fans in the Grid Iron wearing giant sombreros I thought were pretty cool.

No horns, just saying.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Most of those are created by the fans. Preston (Bullpen 1) was the first to ever wear a helmet with horns at a Texans event. The first time I ever saw him was at the Reliant Stadium construction open house they held while the stadium was still being built, yes he had it on then.

On a side note, talk about being fans from the very start. Anyone remember posting on that nfl2002.com message board before we officially had a team?

FirstTexansFan

The Unknown Fan
I do, there was another local site as well that was put up by one of the local TV affiliates, but I don't remember the name.

Señor Stan

El Guapo
Most of those are created by the fans. Preston (Bullpen 1) was the first to ever wear a helmet with horns at a Texans event. The first time I ever saw him was at the Reliant Stadium construction open house they held while the stadium was still being built, yes he had it on then.

On a side note, talk about being fans from the very start. Anyone remember posting on that nfl2002.com message board before we officially had a team?
Hoo boy...that place was in need of some serious moderation...

The Texans /Apollos / Bobcats /Roughnecks / Stallions debate was not pretty.

think I remember someone who had come up with his own name and website he was trying to get picked up...Renegades I think...

FirstTexansFan

The Unknown Fan
Señor Stan;2067833 said:

think I remember someone who had come up with his own name and website he was trying to get picked up...Renegades I think...
I was in the Apollos group at that time, I don't think I got out of hand, but no telling, I didn't learn manners until I got here :)

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!

Predates me as a fan :)

Bull Pen 1

All Pro

I remember posting on nfl2002.com message board.

I remember my boss asking me how I could be such a fanic fan when the team didn't even have any players.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
I remember my boss asking me how I could be such a fanic fan when the team didn't even have any players.
LOL, that's pretty funny. As a former Oilers fan all I wanted was some sort of replacement in Houston. Like many others here I followed the NFL LA story from the beginning hoping they would fail so that Houston would have a chance. So in a way you could say many of us were following the team before it even existed.

TexansFight

Veteran
I remember posting on nfl2002.com message board.

Remember the guy who went to the owners meeting back in 1999. How about us battling the LA dudes on the LA Times message board regarding expansion. That's how old school I am

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
Señor Stan;2067833 said:

That was a time when I was afraid of message boards and web stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

But back at the beginning, I just went to events. Knew a bunch of y'all from back then. :fans:

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
That was a time when I was afraid of message boards and web stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

But back at the beginning, I just went to events. Knew a bunch of y'all from back then. :fans:
I joined TexansTalk (the "original" TexansTalk) in early 2003 (after the Texans' inaugural season) and I was petrified (i.e.the cheesy username) . This was the first message board I had ever joined..

Didn't know you waaaaaaaay back then, but certainly glad, nay honored I've known you since.

SheTexan

Hall of Fame

Clearly remember that site. Preston was the first Texan fan I met, and it was on that board. Had a lot of fun on that board too, simply because I didn't let anyone know I was a female! I think I shocked Preston half to death when i told him! First time a bunch of us met was at Jillian's on I-10. Man, what fun it was to actually MEET other fans, and not just chat with them on a MB. Good times!!

Bull Pen 1

All Pro
Clearly remember that site. Preston was the first Texan fan I met, and it was on that board. Had a lot of fun on that board too, simply because I didn't let anyone know I was a female! I think I shocked Preston half to death when i told him! First time a bunch of us met was at Jillian's on I-10. Man, what fun it was to actually MEET other fans, and not just chat with them on a MB. Good times!!

Man this thread sure does bring back memories.:splits:

Bull Pen 1

All Pro

Here is a picture from that day in the Astrodome

http://ne1-attach.ymail.com/us.f1209.mail.yahoo.com/ya/securedownload?mid=2_0_0_21_3619_AKZe2kIAARcdPMN1PAql8goZhmM&fid=Stadium%20Pictures&pid=2&clean=0&appid=YahooMailNeo&redirectURL=http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/php/outage.php?b=_6382&mid=2_0_0_21_3619_AKZe2kIAARcdPMN1PAql8goZhmM&fid=Stadium%2520Pictures&yid=pchauvin&nAtt=1&cred=e9QRnTYGKqPX0HkACz1tYQ5dqAyvRuWWu7l24ZkeIpvJ5tjP2atxblIXxDsdMBQdbGuq5ZEbyC2GDy_uQ2AeWfQwLpmUgzS1oWeHXvpUfQ--&ts=1354931504&partner=ymail&sig=KQs3BhA5pQ3Jt9bZTVSgKg--Well I don't know how to atch a pictute.

Last edited:

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Man i remember meeting preston at an audition in the Galleria sheraton. And applying for the Bullpen Committee

Bull Pen 1

All Pro
Man i remember meeting preston at an audition in the Galleria sheraton. And applying for the Bullpen Committee
Yeh, I remember that Joe, We were at the audition for the Reliant Entergy commrcial. Also I locked my keys in my miata and you got them out for me. Thank You agaib