Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 13 Preview - Texans v Titans

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
All right, First, please do something about balancing the volume through-out the skit.

Now, I liked you going to the board & diagramming the generic principles of zone coverage. I also think your comments about needing to improve the communication at the second level has some merit.

However, I think you missed the biggest reasons we struggled against the Jags, the Lions, & the Packers.

1st pass rush. For most of the game, there was no pass rush & more times than not, Rogers, Henne, & Stafford was able to camp in the backfield, phone a friend, then decide on what to do with the football. It's difficult for a secondary to hold up with that much time.

2nd.. mobility. Rogers & Stafford were amazing on the move & they both were able to deliver accurate balls from several launch points. I think we struggle with mobile QBs period. Plus those two are on another level. Henne, I think they came into the game thinking they're going to be playing the check-down king & ran into a gun-slinger with talented receivers (who knew?).

Thanks for giving props to Forsett, recognizing Matt's ability to spread the ball around, & the dominance of Jj Watt.

EmDiggy

Waterboy
All right, First, please do something about balancing the volume through-out the skit.

Now, I liked you going to the board & diagramming the generic principles of zone coverage. I also think your comments about needing to improve the communication at the second level has some merit.

However, I think you missed the biggest reasons we struggled against the Jags, the Lions, & the Packers.

1st pass rush. For most of the game, there was no pass rush & more times than not, Rogers, Henne, & Stafford was able to camp in the backfield, phone a friend, then decide on what to do with the football. It's difficult for a secondary to hold up with that much time.

2nd.. mobility. Rogers & Stafford were amazing on the move & they both were able to deliver accurate balls from several launch points. I think we struggle with mobile QBs period. Plus those two are on another level. Henne, I think they came into the game thinking they're going to be playing the check-down king & ran into a gun-slinger with talented receivers (who knew?).

Thanks for giving props to Forsett, recognizing Matt's ability to spread the ball around, & the dominance of Jj Watt.
Thanks Fiddler! Anytime you face a mobile QB it makes it 11-on-11...you just have to hope you get push not pressure from your ends to keep him boxed in

If the Texans can keep the draw play to CJ down, the Titans have no chance of even a first down. I don't believe in Locker or the OL to hold up against our D, as beat up as it is.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If the Texans can keep the draw play to CJ down, the Titans have no chance of even a first down. I don't believe in Locker or the OL to hold up against our D, as beat up as it is.
I was thinking if I were their OC, I'd have Locker drop back, watching the LBs. If they drop, hand the ball off to CJ.

Pretty much their only chance.

Or, if I were Munchak I would tell everyone that Locker is going to start, but yank him & throw Hasselbeck in the game. Worked for Jags... almost.