Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2012   #81
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I was in charge of making the gravy this year at my sister in laws house. We were supposed to eat around 4. The gravy did not get started until the game was over. One way to control the timing.

That was some vigorously stirred gravy......

Vigorously!
Old 11-29-2012   #82
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You don't win too many games by being sloppy in this league.

When mis-tackles or miss-assignments mount; that's when you start being concern. It is not rampant here so there's really no point of discussing it. But if one wants to be perfect then by all means =P
Correct 76. Missed field goals damn sure don't help either. Unless the opposing kicker gives us a courtesy yip in return like happened in the two "sloppy" games. Can't count on that every time and personally I'd just as soon not experience it again.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #83
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Sounds like I want to replace Schaub? Just because I say he's not as good as Brady or Rogers you gonna get offended by that? I want to take this thread seriously but with reaction like that then I'll probably go and play Madden.
By all mean, please do. Thank you

Just kidding of course.

I guess people just have different meaning for the word "quality".

The Jags played close to us because we missed several tackles and played the wrong coverage at times. This is rare for us. I fail to see the warning sign that you drummed up.

Despite all those mistakes, we rallied to win the game.
That's a quality win for me
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The Jags played close to us because we missed several tackles and played the wrong coverage at times. This is rare for us. I fail to see the warning sign that you drummed up.
For me, it's that I think Wade will get it fixed. It's disappointing that the defense showed "issues" in back to back weeks, but what happened in the Lions game was completely unrelated to what happened in the Jags game.

Doesn't appear to be the same problem to me, so I'm not going all chicken little.

If I were to just look at the score, & get distracted by the shiny helmets instead of focusing on the play.... then I can understand some of the "concern"
Old 11-29-2012   #85
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not be shocked to see 3 of 4 first draft picks in '13 go to defense. A nose, ILB and OLB if Barwin is gone would suit me fine. Of course that is what my mock says.
Old 11-29-2012   #86
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the thread title, the quality of the wins is not important. All that matters is the win itself.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read