Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
What team ever just rolls through a season? As has been mentioned, the Giants, the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION GIANTS, lost 7 games last year. Say what you want about them, they have the hardware, and if you tell Giant fan they slopped to the title, it doesn't matter. Scoreboard.
I've got a NYGiants fan at work. Everytime I tell him they slopped their way to the Super Bowl, he says, "Yeah!!, Twice, so what's your point. We'll probably do it again."
Old 11-26-2012   #22
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

The last 6 (9 if you include the playoffs) games for NE in 2007's 16-0 run, they weren't DOMINANT at all.

Check it out for yourselves. After the 10-0 start:

Struggled vs. PHI
Refs screwed the Ravens
The PIT game was 17-13 in the 3rd
20-10 win over NYJ...Brady was horrid that day
Brady not sharp vs. ONE WIN Miami
We all know about the shootout in week 17 vs. NYG

JAX took them to the limit in the divisional round, SD had a boatload of injuries (Remember Rivers playing with an ACL tear; LT being out after 2-3 plays) and they lost the Super Bowl.

Looking for the Mona Lisa week to week just is unrealistic.
Old 11-26-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
And the funny thing is, the Texans will get it together next Sunday, bash the Inbreds 42-10, and it still won't be good enough because it was the Inbreds. Hard to please some people.
It's all about context. Chances are the score was 42-3 to start the 4th Qtr. But because Kubiak turtled up, he allowed the Tits to score a TD & almost let them back in the game.

You know as well as I do, you won't win against the better teams in the NFL playing that way.

I mean forget the fact that we did. Other than that, it's not going to happen.
Old 11-26-2012   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We should beat them by that score but do you think we will? Does not mean it will be sloppy but I expect us to beat the opponent on the field whether the scoreboard reflects it or not.
It doesn't matter what I think they'll do. What I know is, if they have more points than Tennessee when the clock hits triple zero, they'll be 11-1 no matter what the game looked like or how they did it. I don't care if the final score is 2-0 or 55-54.

You can say they won't beat so and so if they play like that all you want. Nobody knows what will happen until they play the game.

A football season is brutal. You're not just going to breeze through it no matter how good you are. Guys hit a wall, hit a lull, injuries take their toll, and you've got to fight through it, hope you get healthy, catch your second wind, and finish the job.

Right now the Texans are finding ways to still win those games, games they probably shouldn't be, and would lose in a heartbeat in seasons prior. The last 2 games, 3 really, haven't looked pretty, but all 3 went in the W column. I don't see how you can ask for more than that.

It's not a league about looking good winning, it's a league about winning, period.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

As opposed to what??? Quality of losses????

And what I mean by that is:

Would you rather have losses where the Texans lost but playing a good game and just coming up short.....

--OR--

The Texans scraping out wins????

I'm going with the wins, me!
Old 11-27-2012   #26
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Would you rather have losses where the Texans lost but playing a good game and just coming up short.....

--OR--

I am totally with you Bill. Just win baby!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #27
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the score at the end of the game that counts, NOTHING ELSE!! Let's move on!!

NOW, I've gotta come up with a small fortune before Christmas to pay for playoff tickets! Money spent that truly puts a huge smile on my face!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

--OR--

Before the season, (fill in your name) "predict" the Texans will go (fill in your prediction).

One of the game they probably lose to is the Broncos on the road.
And why the hell is is that they almost let Manning come back?

Yeah, they probably lose to the Packers. But boy, never thought is would be so bad. How are they going to handle other good teams on the road?

Pretty sure they lose in Windy City, too.
But man, the offense looks so bad, stupid Schaub and his stupid INTs again.

Sure they should win against the Bills but should have score more. The spread was 10 points, and they only won by 12.

Told you so shoulda fire Kubiak and make Wade the HC. Looks how many points the Jags and the Lions scored.

Oops, wrong thread. This post shoulda been in the Irony thread; so sorry!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It's the score at the end of the game that counts, NOTHING ELSE!! Let's move on!!

NOW, I've gotta come up with a small fortune before Christmas to pay for playoff tickets! Money spent that truly puts a huge smile on my face!!
Well if that is true why watch the game? Just tune in and get final score.
Old 11-27-2012   #30
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Oh my, you know not what you do. Good luck with that post.

Old 11-27-2012   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Oh my, you know not what you do. Good luck with that post.

I know what I do. Thought about it before enterring but she has a sense of humor.
Old 11-27-2012   #32
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know what I do. Thought about it before enterring but she has a sense of humor.
Bad boy being bad, LOL
Old 11-27-2012   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
This post shoulda been in the Irony thread; so sorry!
Well actually, that's not.......

whoops, thought you were someone else.

I agree.
Old 11-27-2012   #34
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

--OR--

I've had enough of the "moral" victories.
They never got the team into the playoffs. I'll take the ugly wins all day long.
Old 11-27-2012   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Bad boy being bad, LOL
Hey now, I resemble that remark.
Old 11-27-2012   #36
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because the GAME is the reason we are fans! At the end of the day it's still the score that matters. Besides, if I don't watch the game there would be NO reason to log on to TT
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #37
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Speaking of which, shouldn't they have already sent out the play-off invoices?

I'm ready. Been ready. I know Bob wants my money, what's the hold up?
Invoices are online. All I can say is OUCH!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #38
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom line. Would you take ugly win in SB? Or, would you rather see the Texans in hard fought game but loose? I'd seen enough of hard fought loses. I want the Texans to Win and Win it all if possible whether it is ugly or not. Doesn't matter if the game is a perfect one or not! Of course, I want the Texans to Win in strong commanding lead fashion. But, I won't complain if we win in ugly fashion. We waited long enough! Houston deserve to have a Lombardi Trophy. And, that's all I can say to this subject.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Bottom line. Would you take ugly win in SB? Or, would you rather see the Texans in hard fought game but loose? I'd seen enough of hard fought loses. I want the Texans to Win and Win it all if possible whether it is ugly or not. Doesn't matter if the game is a perfect one or not! Of course, I want the Texans to Win in strong commanding lead fashion. But, I won't complain if we win in ugly fashion. We waited long enough! Houston deserve to have a Lombardi Trophy. And, that's all I can say to this subject.

Go Texans!!!
Preach it again Samurai-San!

Did I use the term correctly? LOL
Old 11-27-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post

Houston deserve to have a Lombardi Trophy.
pssshhhhhhhh........ Houston can't even get a space shuttle.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read