Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-25-2012   #1
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 'Fireman Ed' quits

Jets hit new low as superfan 'Fireman Ed' quits his beloved team for season

I'm not a Jets fan, but its getting pretty ugly in Jersey.

Quote:
"This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another," Anzalone wrote. " The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll which is an outright lie have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it's in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

"Although I can 'hold my own,' I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake,"
As far as reasons to not show up at games, that one not half bad. But then again, how bad is it getting up in those stands when people for the same team can't get along.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 'Fireman Ed' quits

Kevin Depew ‏@kevindepew
Obnoxious Jets Fan in Fireman Hat Stepping Down as Imaginary Leader of Something

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
So "Fireman Ed" will be just Ed sitting in a different section without his hat? Drama much? So stereotypical #Jets
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't agree with Steph here. It's not like Fireman Ed has a history of flip-flopping... over 40 years of proven loyalty. It's good to see their fans lashing back at the Jets for the garbage they have put out there. I just wish they weren't attacking each other so much. That part is disgraceful... and probably the Jets front office's fault. You can't have stupid leading the stupid.
Old 11-26-2012   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they should move the Jets to LA .... Bah , those bastards would still have the Giants .... They wouldnt know what it was like to have no team. I hated Sundays without the Oilers .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Cry us a frickin river!!!!

Signed,

All Real Texan Fans from the '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09,2010 seasons.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a ***** try a 2-14 season and lets see how you handle that.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #7
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kevin Depew ‏@kevindepew
Obnoxious Jets Fan in Fireman Hat Stepping Down as Imaginary Leader of Something
Old 11-26-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

All he had to do is not wear a Sanchez jersey. How hard is THAT?

Geez, Ed, figure it out. Some things are an easy fix, pal.

Of course, IMO, this was him wanting to quit...he just needed a good enough reason. All those years of being Super Fan and you quit over the remarks received because of a Sanchez jersey??? That's what blows my mind.

Why not wear a Namath jersey anyways? So funny.
Old 11-26-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

So, is it Tebow time?
Old 11-26-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kevin Depew ‏@kevindepew

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
So "Fireman Ed" will be just Ed sitting in a different section without his hat? Drama much? So stereotypical #Jets
I think we may be making more of this than it is. He's not quitting on the Jets, he's just not going to make a spectacle of himself anymore for the team.

If this is because he's being heckled by "Jets fans" then I can understand the issue. What are you going to do? Get in a fight with some !diot because you're a bigger !diot?

I'd also imagine there is some !diot watching the game from home who may be disappointed that he isn't leading the crowd as they've come accustomed to over the years, so I understand his public announcement explaining his decision.
Old 11-26-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think we may be making more of this than it is. He's not quitting on the Jets, he's just not going to make a spectacle of himself anymore for the team.

If this is because he's being heckled by "Jets fans" then I can understand the issue. What are you going to do? Get in a fight with some !diot because you're a bigger !diot?

I'd also imagine there is some !diot watching the game from home who may be disappointed that he isn't leading the crowd as they've come accustomed to over the years, so I understand his public announcement explaining his decision.
Multiple problems with his line of thinking, though:

1. At some point, he's going to be back in that stadium....Jets fans are relentless in their fanhood, they will heckle him for quitting. It's the nature of the beast. You're screwed one way or the other.

2. All he had to do was drop the Sanchez jersey. Which has merits on many levels: (A) He sucks as a QB, so it comes off as a bit dense to wear a sucky QB's jersey especially right now, and (B) He had been accused of being paid by the Jets organization to wear that jersey...drop the jersey and it shows there was never a payoff, and (C) Him quitting DOES make it seem like he had been on the Jets payroll. If you're not guilty of something, just do the things necessary to show you're not a shill for the organization.

I "get it" that he didn't want the high drama anymore. But if he's that loyal of a Super Fan, which by all counts it's true that he IS that caliber of fan, then how does this make a guy quit? Which brings me back to my original post in this thread, the idea that he was ready to be done with it and it might have been a burden he was no longer ready to "go to the hilt" over.

Fine. But he's going to have a hard time anyways. Out in public, people will hammer him for being a quitter. If the team in 2013 (or beyond) improves, what does he do? Does he come back to the stadium, and if he does how is he received by the fans around him and in the concourse and out on the parking lot? On the streets, do people heckle him for "quitting" even though he never really quit the team, he just laid down a role for awhile.

He's screwed, by then again it's of his own doing. He created a role for himself that required full commitment and now he's decided to leave the mob. You never ever realllllly get to leave the mob, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-26-2012   #12
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
So, is it Tebow time?
Yes.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

And btw, I smell a book deal.

I can see the title now: Fireman Ed: The Day I Laid Down My Helmet

If somebody isn't knocking on his door, asking him to publish a memoir of being a Jets fan through thick and through thin, then I might need to locate the guy and introduce him to GP Publishing Company.
Old 11-26-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I can tell you one thing, I could never see Joe Texan doing this. I bet he'd tell you, "You can pry my hat from cold dead hands!" This Jets guy just sounds like a shameless attention whore, but that kind of makes sense given the organization he follows.
Old 11-26-2012   #15
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

After realizing he won't be the Jets starting QB, Tim Tebow will replace Fireman Ed, but instead of a firemans hat he'll wear a crown of thorns with the Jets logo.
Old 11-26-2012   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Fireman Ed is full of crap. Not a real fan, move on!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #17
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Fireman Ed is full of crap. Not a real fan, move on!
Thirty-seven years is a long time and a lot of loyalty. Things must have really soured recently. Once upon a time fan smack was just that, but over the last few years some of what was once good natured fun, has taken a turn for some really ugly incidents. The shirt could have gotten him assaulted by disgruntled fellow fans.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I can tell you one thing, I could never see Joe Texan doing this. I bet he'd tell you, "You can pry my hat from cold dead hands!" This Jets guy just sounds like a shameless attention whore, but that kind of makes sense given the organization he follows.
Didn't a Patriots fan grab Joe's hat and take a bite out of it when Houston hosted the Super Bowl? I seem to remember him telling me that story.

Every team has "super fans". Of course I have known Joe, Preston and some others there in Houston for years. I have already gotten to know and tailgated with the ones here such as Capt Bones, Shiphead, Capt Rino, etc.

They all like the attention. It's why they dress up in their costumes. It's part of the fun for them. I personally enjoy being around them on game day as it adds to the experience.

That said, underneath the costumes they are no different than most of us fans. They feel the same frustration when things are going bad and the same excitement when things are going well.

Of course with the costumes comes the attention and sometimes the spotlight as in the case of Fireman Ed. I am sure he has gotten perks over the years so you have to take the good with the bad.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i think its TEBOW TIME !!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

15 min of fame! I've never heard of him before the media decided they needed something else to talk about, since the Jets apparently SUCK this year, and they just can't give up trying to find SOMETHING to talk about when it comes to the Jets.

ONE fan does not represent all fans!! The media loves to sensationalize stories and try to make something out of nothing. So he quit!! BIG deal!! Move over Ed, I'm sure there's someone who would just love to take your place!! It's all about attention!! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read