Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-08-2005   #21
canadiantexan
Veteran

my favourite moment was before the game against the Packers when the ESPN intro to the game was that "new gunslinger (Carr) versus "the old sheriff" Farve man that was awesome it gave me goosebumps.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #22
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Even though this was a play, I'd have to say it was one of my favorite 5 seconds of Texans football.
Jamie Sharpers tribecta against the Jags (If i remember correctly) Sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery and TD!!! god that was great.... followed by:
a trifecta, is only three things, hence tri.... the term i prefer, and Boomer used on ESPN is a grand slam
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #23
bigtex77
Veteran

I know it was technically the end of a play and not a fond memory, but Gaffney's premature td celebration/fumble is pretty funny now.

Last edited by bigtex77; 06-08-2005 at 04:21 PM.
bigtex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #24
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Not playing Mr. Nice-guy to the Titans anymore:

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Not playing Mr. Nice-guy to the Titans anymore:

I still love seeing Peek come from the far side of the field to be around the ball on that play. The definition of sideline to sideline pursuit.
Old 06-08-2005   #26
wiley2002
Veteran

I was so excited over the game clinching play to even remember the Bull Pen celebration. Awesome picture.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #27
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody have the clip of D-rob laying out the Broncos Fullback or the catch against the vikings where AJ got flipped?
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2005   #28
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah the cell phone one with carr was good. He let everyone know fast it was a joke though LOL
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #29
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

best play was vs. the Raiders when Jason Simmons leveled that Oakland OL guy
Old 06-08-2005   #30
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Surrounded by Viking fans, they were some obnoxious get the hell out of my stadium jerkwads. Once the Texans started coming back, couldn't hear a peep from them. They left the stadium with a new respect for the Texans.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005   #31
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul
Does anybody have the clip of D-rob laying out the Broncos Fullback?

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #32
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

So, back to the original question of favorite moment other than a play... I would say (as is every season) the first tailgate of the season.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #33
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

A sea of red.....

swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #34
donbmt
Veteran

One memorable moment was went the lights went out.....something about a balloon in the parking lot?
Old 06-09-2005   #35
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I still love seeing Peek come from the far side of the field to be around the ball on that play. The definition of sideline to sideline pursuit.
Why isnt Wong running towards the ball instead of parralel with it? I always wondered that
Old 06-09-2005   #36
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Looks like Wong is just using the sideline as an extra defender, and funneling Brown out of bounds.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005   #37
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Looks like Wong is just using the sideline as an extra defender, and funneling Brown out of bounds.
It looks like if he ran straight at him he could have stopped him 3 yards earlier. To me it just doesnt look aggressive enough.
Old 06-09-2005   #38
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as he knows he is the last line of defense. He has to do what he can to contain him until he knows for sure he has help. Let's assume Simmons wasn't behind him. Would you rather he dove at Brown and missed thus letting him get a longer run? Or would you rather he force him out of bounds and not lose him? The guy already had the 1st Down. Wong is a very smart player. I think he would've gambled and went after Brown differently if he felt he could've made the play w/o much risk.

*Edit* After looking at it again you can tell Wong is headed straight toward Brown, and only goes "parallel" to him for about half a yard before Simmons comes in for the hit.
Old 06-09-2005   #39
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346

*Edit* After looking at it again you can tell Wong is headed straight toward Brown, and only goes "parallel" to him for about half a yard before Simmons comes in for the hit.
Yeah on second look he was going straight at him till just a couple yards away and your also right about the guy already having a first down...so thanks for making me feel stupid LOL . It's just I always saw Sharper stop the runner two or three yards after he should have and I dont want to see that rub off on Wong because I really like Wong's game.

Hey I just noticed I'm now over 200 posts
Old 06-09-2005   #40
texasguy346
Mod Squad

It's difficult to see much from that small little clip. You really need a game tape to see the whole field and where all the other players are. I think Wong has the smarts and mentality to make it as an ILB. I just hope his reactions are as quick inside as they were on the outside. There's no doubt we'll be a quicker team with him and Greenwood in the middle. The offseason can't end soon enough for me.

BTW No need to feel stupid. Its just an honest mistake. Happens to me all the time. :brickwall

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read