Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Great Thanksgiving Officiating Fiasco

Speaking of officiating fiascos. Anyone notice how a sliding QB doesn't appear to be protected anymore? I thought Crick was going to be penalized for the lick he put on Stafford. I've also seen several QBs get hit after the slide today.

Seems like they've lightened up a bit on the rule.
Old 11-26-2012   #22
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Geez, to read that there was all kinds of cheating going on on behalf of the Texans ...... and no mention of crotch-kick, horse-collar, late-hit Suh.

Yes, we were wrongly awarded that TD -- that rule sucks.

But we would have finished the drive and scored anyway. And we would have won, or Detroit would have lost the game anyway. It's how their season is going. It's how our season is going.

These Texans don't like to lose.
And he acts like the Lions didn't get away with stuff. The refs missed a few PI's, a lot of late hits, holds, ect... The one bad play they do what people want them to do. When in doubt, let the play go so it can be reviewed. Not their fault Schwartz is a reactionary assclown who can't control his temper tantrum for 3 seconds.
Old 11-26-2012   #23
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
He also didn't mention Lions #66 repeatedly making late hits against our Mr. Watt.
THANK YOU! I knew I wasn't the ONLY one who saw that! And WTF was up with that "defenseless receiver" penalty. From what I remember of special teams if the return man doesn't wave it off your job is to put the muff-hugga in a body cast the moment a molecule of that football touches him.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone see the call on the Vikes-packers game?
It was a challenge flag thrown when it shouldn't have been needed when the review was happening anyway

If I have it right. Packers player dove for the endzone. Fumbles the ball (can't remember if knee was down or not). Ruling on he field was fumble,Vikes ball. Packers threw the red flag.

Turns out,the officials said the play was already in review stage so it was reviewable, touchdown packers, 15 yard penalty on packers for unsportsmanship and assessed on the kickoff.

Nfl has screwed the pooch by overcomplicating rule..(same as the stupid ass tuck rule)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #25
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If a player chooses to wear his knee-pads, then they stop his knee from ever actually touching the ground. Texans win.

More likely, it was a Thanksgiving game, so it was rigged against Detroit.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I usually get more upset about blown calls against us than blown calls on opponents. Homer , me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read