Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2012   #1
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JJ Watt yelling at Kollar on sideline

Hoping Nitro reads this post, could use a lip reader. Looks like Watt was super pissed. Anyone heard what this was about?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt yelling at Kollar on sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Hoping Nitro reads this post, could use a lip reader. Looks like Watt was super pissed. Anyone heard what this was about?
Go to the game day thread, page 60
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #3
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

He posted his interpretation in another thread already. Sorry, forgot which one.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt was yelling: "I know the play!"

Looked like Kollar may have reprimanded Watt for missing his assignment and Watt was defending himself.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Nitro's post - Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Let me put my lipreading skills to good use here... After reviewing the video several times, I feel very confident this is what was said... word for word. I was only able to catch Kollar saying two words but his back was to the screen most of the time. Those two words were fuc*ing and gap. Luckily, it appears that Watt is pretty easy for me to lipread...

JJ Watt: I was playing the double! I played it bad!

JJ Watt interrupting Kollar: I knew the play!

Kollar speaking again but JJ Watt interrupts again: I KNOW THE PLAY!

Thanks for the translation ...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #6
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
He was saying i know the damn play.

It was his assignment but he was double teamed and appeared to me the OT had him by the back of his jersey. It was apparent he was trying to fill the inside gap.
Old 11-23-2012   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let me put my lipreading skills to good use here... After reviewing the video several times, I feel very confident this is what was said... word for word. I was only able to catch Kollar saying two words but his back was to the screen most of the time. Those two words were fuc*ing and gap. Luckily, it appears that Watt is pretty easy for me to lipread...

JJ Watt: I was playing the double! I played it bad!

JJ Watt interrupting Kollar: I knew the play!

Kollar speaking again but JJ Watt interrupts again: I KNOW THE PLAY!
I have to spread rep
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2012   #8
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, didn't feel like searching through the game thread. He was on fire after that though.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah. When he said I played it bad... he said it with a quiver in his voice. He was really upset. He really blew the play.
Old 11-23-2012   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

TD plays get overblown a lot. They had to get all the way down there first, so there was a lot of less than perfect play by the whole D before that happened. I always find it kind of absurd the way a replay of a really short TD run will be shown, but they will sometimes omit showing the highlight of a 40 yd. pass completion that set it up...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

So here lies the main issue with me.

Curious as to if was Watt walking that line of unsaid "disrepect" for Coach

OR

Watt walked the line of a pissed off player that Coach still maintained full command of the situation.

Strictly curious as to have a closer look behind the curtain more so than Im worried about any outside issues.

Let me re-iterate my point because some posters will pick this comment apart like .... like.... Im drunk but you know what Im talking about....

Just topic of a conversation...
Old 11-23-2012   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a moment of frustration. And after that "blowup" ,the lions did nothing

Well they did miss a field goal
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #13
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is JJ's face got bright red. He was pissed. And then the defense got fired up.
Old 11-23-2012   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
So here lies the main issue with me.

Curious as to if was Watt walking that line of unsaid "disrepect" for Coach

OR

Watt walked the line of a pissed off player that Coach still maintained full command of the situation.

Strictly curious as to have a closer look behind the curtain more so than Im worried about any outside issues.

Let me re-iterate my point because some posters will pick this comment apart like .... like.... Im drunk but you know what Im talking about....

Just topic of a conversation...

Nothing to see here .... Watt was simply emotionally charged and irritated with himself because of the situation. Kollar had control of the situation.

Watt is the last guy who would be walking that line of disrespecting the coaching staff ....

You know , I cant really get mad at other people , they have an excuse .... but I can get absolutely furious with myself. I dont have excuses for letting myself down.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Nothing to see here .... Watt was simply emotionally charged and irritated with himself because of the situation. Kollar had control of the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Watt is the last guy who would be walking that line of disrespecting the coaching staff ....

You know , I cant really get mad at other people , they have an excuse .... but I can get absolutely furious with myself. I dont have excuses for letting myself down.

Exactly, thats called self-respect.

I know this deep down but its interesting see some emotion from the front of the Houston Texans. They are starting to get the rep of the vail of secrecy as the New England Patriots (which I like...alot).
Old 11-23-2012   #16
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw that and was wondering what that was all about. Thanks for the thread op.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #17
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Watt delivered 2 more sacks in crunch time after that. Good coaching by Kollar.
Old 11-24-2012   #18
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah. When he said I played it bad... he said it with a quiver in his voice. He was really upset. He really blew the play.
This board has the best members. Doctor explaining all the injuries and a deaf person reading lips for us with this level of detail. Wow.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #19
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
This board has the best members. Doctor explaining all the injuries and a deaf person reading lips for us with this level of detail. Wow.
I appreciate the kind words. Do keep in mind... I am still a Deaf person so... misunderstandings WILL and DO happen. I am certainly VERY good at it but lipreading isn't an exact science. Not in this case though. I am 100% certain it's what he said. You can decipher it too. Just watch the clip and you can see him choke up when he said the word bad.
Old 11-24-2012   #20
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

This also shows how much we know as casual fans. We probably would have faulted one of the LBs or safeties, and Watt was doubled, so no way it was his fault. Sounds like he played the wrong gap, and it cost a TD.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read